Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway is #12 ranked solution in top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. IT Central Station users give Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiClient:Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway vs Fortinet FortiClient. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway?

A VPN gateway is a specific type of virtual network gateway that is used to send encrypted traffic between an Azure virtual network and an on-premises location over the public Internet. You can also use a VPN gateway to send encrypted traffic between Azure virtual networks over the Microsoft network. Each virtual network can have only one VPN gateway. However, you can create multiple connections to the same VPN gateway. When you create multiple connections to the same VPN gateway, all VPN tunnels share the available gateway bandwidth.

Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway is also known as MS Azure VPN Gateway.

Download the Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway Video

Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway Reviews

SO
Cloud Transformation & Migration Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Has good networking and is faster than other platforms but it needs better troubleshooting features

• "The most valuable feature is the networking. I didn't have a good experience with the networking that Sophos has."
  • "I would like for them to improve the troubleshooting features. We have some problems with traffic and I can't identify where the problem is coming from. I have to open a ticket with support until it gets resolved. Microsoft doesn't offer enough tools to resolve the issue."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to improve the troubleshooting features. We have some problems with traffic and I can't identify where the problem is coming from. I have to open a ticket with support until it gets resolved. Microsoft doesn't offer enough tools to resolve the issue.

I have been using Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway for three to four years.

Stability depends. Sometimes I need to change the VPN Gateway for another tool like Palo Alto or Checkpoint because Microsoft isn't always so consistent.

It is scalable.

I don't have any problems with technical support. They're very good. The problem is the platform doesn't have enough tools to resolve problems but if you contact support, they have the ability to resolve anything.

On-premise, I worked with other tools but my principal work is with Azure. I worked with Cisco ASA and Fortinet. I studied Cisco but I didn't work with it in an actual environment.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

It's simple to deploy, it's faster than other platforms, and it's scalable which is an important advantage.

In the next release, I would like to see more troubleshooting tools. I would also like to see the connection to remain consistent.

Hybrid Cloud
Carlos-Herrera
Executive Director at Consulting and Enterprise Integrations S.A. de C.V.
User-friendly, easy to deploy, and very stable

• "It works perfectly for me. It is very user-friendly in terms of the configuration and the setup process."
  • "Their technical support could be better. If you don't have a support contract, it takes longer."

What is our primary use case?

We have servers in Azure, and we use it to connect the on-premises users to the cloud servers.

It is a site-to-site VPN deployed on our premise.

What is most valuable?

I'm using the high availability of the VPN. We are using the VPN Gateway with two different internet service providers on-premises. We are using high availability so that in case one of the internet services fails, we can get Azure to assist using the other service.

It works perfectly for me. It is very user-friendly in terms of the configuration and the setup process.

What needs improvement?

Their technical support could be better. If you don't have a support contract, it takes longer.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is very stable.

It is easy to scale. We started with a basic plan, and we can move to another plan that has more bandwidth and more features. It is possible to do that.

It depends. If you have a technical support contract with Microsoft, it is very easy. If you don't have it, it takes longer.

It is easy to set up. The deployment process is very quick. It takes 20 to 30 minutes to set up a site-to-site VPN.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution because it is very easy to deploy and very stable. It is very simple. It is only a VPN connection. It works for what it is made.

I would rate Microsoft Azure VPN Gateway a 10 out of 10.

Download our free Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Fortinet, Cisco, and more!