NK
Senior Manager- Presales at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Great UI, well-structured modules, customizable, and accessible from any device

• "It is easy to use, and it has a great UI. It has very well-structured modules. In terms of setup and configuration, they're logically placed, which makes it easy for any user to pick up information and learn more about the system, rather than just be plain key users of that business operating system."
  • "If I had to add something in the next release, it would probably be a mobile application for a sister application of Dynamics 365; not the ERP but the Dynamics 365 HR solution. It would definitely help if we could have Microsoft or a Microsoft partner introduce a mobile application for it."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a consultant. I'm not an end-user of it. I've been implementing on-premises and on-cloud solutions with the older versions and the new one.

It can be used for the retail industry and manufacturing in terms of the lean process industry. It can also be used for professional services as well as the public sector industry.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, and it has a great UI. It has very well-structured modules. In terms of setup and configuration, they're logically placed, which makes it easy for any user to pick up information and learn more about the system, rather than just be plain key users of that business operating system.

It is scalable and customizable. Easy integration and availability of workspaces help in easily making it very role-oriented. They also make it easy for users to access and use it.

The fact that it is on the cloud makes it accessible from any device and at any given point in time, as long as you have a connection to the internet.

What needs improvement?

If I had to add something in the next release, it would probably be a mobile application for a sister application of Dynamics 365; not the ERP but the Dynamics 365 HR solution. It would definitely help if we could have Microsoft or a Microsoft partner introduce a mobile application for it.

I have been using this solution for 10 years.

It is scalable. It is customizable through extensions.

It is normally aimed at mid to large segment industries, primarily enterprise-size companies where you have more than 300 users.

Their support is okay.

It is straightforward and easy. The deployment duration differs depending on the size of the environment and the number of modules that we're implementing and so on.

It has a pay-as-you-go subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. I would definitely rate it an eight out of 10.

MS
Head of Technology at a real estate/law firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to use, but scaling can be complex

• "If anyone is familiar with Microsoft products then they can handle it easily."
  • "There should be the capability for users to enhance the application by using a low-code or no-code product from the Microsoft family."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for finance applications.

What is most valuable?

The good thing about this solution is that it is easy to use. If anyone is familiar with Microsoft products then they can handle it easily.

The manuals are available for learning about the functionality.

What needs improvement?

There should be the capability for users to enhance the application by using a low-code or no-code product from the Microsoft family.

Scaling is complex and is something that can be improved.

In the future, I would like to see more applications.

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics AX for approximately seven years.

The core of the product is stable but for additional features, stability depends on the partner.

It is not very easy to scale because you have to deal with the partner at the time. You need to spend some effort in order to scale.

I have not been in touch with technical support because I'm not dealing with any issues.

The initial setup is straightforward, but of course, you have to add a lot of features on your own because it will not provide everything.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on your business environment and industry.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Dynamics AX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
FB
ICT Manager at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
An ERP solution with good support, but it could be more scalable

What is most valuable?

Support is really good.

What needs improvement?

It could be more scalable and stable. It would also be better if the interface were more integrated with the Microsoft ecosystem because 2012 is not really integrated.

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics AX for about two months.

It could be more stable.

It could be more scalable. We have some issues mostly from the scalability standpoint because we need to do some specific customizations to what we need in terms of features.

Technical support is okay with the company that we use for support.

What other

What is most valuable?

Support is really good.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics AX for about two months.

It could be more stable.

Technical support is okay with the company that we use for support.

What other advice do I have?

I probably won't recommend this version to new users because we need to do a lot of customizations.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Dynamics AX a seven.

Microsoft Azure
AS
Test Architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use, reliable, and satisfactory technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for a small organization.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features of the solution is how easy it is to use.

What needs improvement?

The integration could improve for the future.

I have been using the solution for approximately 10 years.

In my experience, the solution has been stable.

I have approximately 50 people using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is satisfactory.

We have a couple of technicians that do the deployment.

What other advice

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for a small organization.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features of the solution is how easy it is to use.

What needs improvement?

The integration could improve for the future.

I have been using the solution for approximately 10 years.

In my experience, the solution has been stable.

I have approximately 50 people using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is satisfactory.

We have a couple of technicians that do the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I will continue to use the solution in the future and I recommend it to others.

I rate Microsoft Dynamics AX a nine out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Dynamics AX Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.