Microsoft Exchange Online Overview

Microsoft Exchange Online is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Email Applications. It is most often compared to G Suite Enterprise: Microsoft Exchange Online vs G Suite Enterprise

What is Microsoft Exchange Online?
Exchange Online helps protect your information with advanced capabilities. Anti-malware and anti-spam filtering protect mailboxes. Data loss prevention capabilities prevent users from mistakenly sending sensitive information to unauthorized people. Globally redundant servers, premier disaster recovery capabilities, and a team of security experts monitoring Exchange Online around the clock safeguard your data.

Microsoft Exchange Online is also known as Exchange Online, Exchange Online Plan 1, Exchange Online Plan 2, MS Exchange Online, MS Exchange Online, MS Exchange Online.

Download the Email Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Microsoft Exchange Online Customers
Bank Alfalah Ltd., Paderborn-Lippstadt Airport, Blue Star Infotech, Scitec Nutrition, Resolution Films, British Airways, Empire Cinemas, InnoGames
Microsoft Exchange Online Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

CEO at Shivaami Cloud Services Pvt. Ltd.
It is a stable product, but there are challenges regarding user provisioning.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use of this solution is for emailing and for the e-calendar.

• "I have not had issues with stability of the product."
  • "I would like to let new users know that there are challenges regarding user provisioning, HRMS and the AD. Also, the data migration integrity needs to be checked in terms of the old data."

NP
Alliance Manager at Berca Hardaya Perkasa
Using Microsoft Exchange is the easiest way to sync with Outlook

What is our primary use case?

A lot of mobile workers, and all well-known workers with Microsoft Outlook Using Microsoft Exchange is the easiest way to sync with Outlook.

How has it helped my organization?

Now we move to opex, but the problem is, the cost is more expensive than other online email solutions.

What is most valuable?

We are using E3, but actually, users only use email and not Teams because they are not familiar with Teams.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Teams, and anti-spam, because a lot of spam still comes from outside Create the easiest tools to migrate from other email solutions.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Zimbra, Google and others in Email Applications. Updated: May 2021.
501,499 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Team Leader (Network and Security) at a energy/utilities company with 201-500 employees
It is a scalable product. We easily use it for 500 employees.

What is our primary use case?

I have found that Exchange Online is a wonderful product with good capabilities to manage the administration of my business.

• "It is a scalable product. We are using it for 500 users."
  • "I have found that Microsoft has vulnerabilities when it comes to Exchange Online. It has become the port of a lot of hacker attacks."
Director with 11-50 employees
It Integrates Flawlessly With Other Microsoft Products.

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for an email bank for my organization.

• "I think there should be an incorporation of DLP on the business premium version of Exchange, as well."
    Infrastructure Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    I really like the unlimited archiving, the hold and redemption policy functionality.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this as a business solution for service desk, mails and the automation process. This year, we did a migration process from Exchange to Exchange Online, and that included everything that goes with that.

• "Tech support has been great, when necessary."
    • "It is a stable, and highly scalable product."
    • "Migration can be an issue if you do not have a good audit process."
    • "Functionality wise, I can't really say it's improved from Exchange Online, I think it's not so much change on-premise. It's about the same. Other than that, it's the extra features that make a difference, really"

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you've got a set user base from all areas of the business because everyone in different departments uses the mail functionality differently. Just make sure you have a really good audit process of what your current environment really is doing before you do your migration.
    RC
    Manager IT Projects & Systems Integration with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Review about Microsoft Exchange Online

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is for clumping emails, and group emails according to the conversation. It helps us sift through 100s of emails.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helped us reduce a lot of overhead.

What needs improvement?

I would love to have a feature that transfers my notes that I have written on my laptop to my mobile device. Also, I think the mobile app on the forms you can improve a little bit more.

More than five years.

I have not encountered any issues with stability of the product at all.

We have roughly 500 people using this product in our…
    RG
    Senior Technology Support Analyst at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
    I am very happy with the UI, and the admins here are happy with the administrative control.

What is our primary use case?

We have users in our company and we wanted to see if we change from the older 2010 version, how it is functioning with the new users. Once we did so, we decided to change to Microsoft Exchange Online.

What is most valuable?

It is pretty good, and user friendly. I am very happy with the VUI, and the admins here are happy with the administrative control.

What needs improvement?

Exchange remains slow for us. In addition, in terms of machine controls, it was very confusing, and some of the administrative parts will be done from the control, but in online writing mostly we can handle everything.

Three to five years.

I have no issues with stability of the…
    RR
    Tech Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    The management is very simple. The unlimited storage is a nice feature.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for a mailing solution. It is an amazing solution that we have been using for quite some time.

• "It is a reasonable solution."
    • "It is very manageable."
    • "Its most valuable feature is the unlimited storage. It also has very little downtime."
    • "For example, recently there were some spam incidents that Microsoft does not currently mitigate because they have another paid solution to do so. It would be nice to integrate the security and the anti-spam (i.e. the fake links, etc.) along with the Exchange Online default."

What other advice do I have?

Exchange Online is the best solution currently available in the market. And we see from our experience that people are moving from different mailing solutions to Exchange Online. It works very well with your Microsoft Suite of products such as : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
    Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    It is a solid product, without a doubt.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is as a messaging solution for our company.We use it both for internal and external messaging services.

• "The reliability factor is high."
    • "Stability has increased exponentially since 2010."
    • "It should integrate better with social media formats."
    Assistant Manager IT at ACP BILLING SERVICES PVT LTD
    Previously, we hosted our email servers with GoDaddy. We migrated the email addresses to Office 365 and we enabled mailboxes in Exchange Online.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for email services.

• "It helps us manage the email focus from our side."
    • "In the past, we had issues with DB in mailboxes."
    Network Manager / Senior Network Engineer at Warnock, Tanner & Associates
    It has an intuitive GUI including most features found in Exchange Server

What is our primary use case?

We use Exchange Online to host our company email. Now that O365 admin portal has been becoming more and more powerful I rarely find myself needing to use the Exchange Admin portal. We have many customers that use Exchange Online. All of which has become much easier to manage over the years as the O365 admin portal has developed.

What other advice do I have?

Moving to Exchange Online open doors for many options that come with O365 and Azure. As technology continues to move forward it is pushing us to the cloud. Starting with email in the cloud open doors for other solutions that may fit your business.
    Microsoft System Engineer at Summit Technology Solution
    Migrations in the cloud provide stability, allowing users to focus on administering online without the need for an IT professional.
    Microsoft System Engineer at Summit Technology Solution
    It's available 99% of the time, but its storage capacity could be improved.
    Consultant with 501-1,000 employees
    Encourages endless inefficient communications.

Valuable Features:

Intuitive in how to use. Organized so that all thread based and author based communications can be found easily.

Room for Improvement:

Encourages endless inefficient communications. Do not recommend it for companies that are trying to create efficient decision making processes and agile movement.