Microsoft Exchange Overview

Microsoft Exchange is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Email Applications. It is most often compared to Zimbra Collaboration: Microsoft Exchange vs Zimbra Collaboration

What is Microsoft Exchange?
Built to deliver the enterprise-grade security and reliability that businesses require, Microsoft Exchange provides email, calendar and contacts on your PC, phone and web browser.

Microsoft Exchange is also known as Exchange, MS Exchange, MS Exchange, MS Exchange.

Microsoft Exchange Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Exchange Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Microsoft Exchange Customers
Paderborn-Lippstadt Airport, Scitec Nutrition, British Airways, InnoGames, Osteology Foundation, Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH, NTC Contracting
Microsoft Exchange Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

AT
Technology, Infrastructure, Riset & Development Staff with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is a product that is simple to manage, and easy to use.

What is our primary use case?

This solution helps us collaborate with other members of the organization.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us with basic needs such as email. It is also extremely helpful for us to collaborate with other Microsoft products such as: Office and Active Directory.

What needs improvement?

I think that improvements should be made in creating greater abilities for Microsoft Exchange in terms of Reasearch and Development.

More than five years.

What other advice do I have?

It is a product that is simple to manage, and easy to use.
Fazal Ur Rehman Shah
Senior Consultant/Project Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The access by any user with mobile or laptop is a huge selling point.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is sending and responding to email.

• "It is easy to use and we can allow many users because now our users are scattered They over a wide area. We can use it from anywhere. That is the main benefit for us."
  • "In terms of probability, every now and then there are changes coming and going. The changes are not that frequent because every month they got updates back, so that is an issue."

What other advice do I have?

VNA redundancy has grown in the data, VNA data variability has grown, even in case VNA found the server goes down, and users can still access their email. So basically everything is good. The feature VNA almost as good as having your own Outlook, although it's better VNA.
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Exchange. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KH
Systems Developer with 1-10 employees
It integrates well with calendar and scheduling, it's easy for employees to plan agendas

• "It integrates well with calendar, scheduling, etc. It's easy for employees to make meetings and plan their agendas."
  • "Deployment should become a bit easier, the process is a bit complicated. You have to have done it one or two times before you get it right. The first time you do it, it won't be perfect. There are a lot of complications compared to Gmail For Business, which is a bit easier when it comes to configuration."

What other advice do I have?

If you don't really mind the cost then go for Microsoft. You can never go wrong with them, their solutions are very good. They're stable. They're all tested, so when you start you know it has already been tested. There are many people using it, it's comfortable, it's stable. You won't have any hiccups. I would recommend it. One thing I've been doing is, before I deploy it to a production environment, I always create a "lab" where I try it out and make sure everything is working properly.
Engineer with 501-1,000 employees
We have customized the tool for our company, utilizing it for managing meetings and conference rooms. Tech support is just average for it.

What is most valuable?

EWS support, through which I have customized, e.g., response for my device to display meeting info on device.

How has it helped my organization?

Using EWS support, we have created a custom UI to display meeting info on our local portal to utilize and manage meeting and conference rooms effectively.

What needs improvement?

It is overall all good, though technical support is just average.

Two and a half years. Currently, I am not working in the specific project. so I am not using it, but the company is using it.

Just average.

Which solution

it_user397617
Manager of Infrastructure at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The Exchange Toolbox comes with many useful tools for exchange administrators including Message Tracking, Tracking Log Explorer, and many more.
Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Exchange 2010: Feature Rich Product Pro High Availability: DAG provides high...
Exchange 2010: Feature Rich Product Pros High Availability: DAG provides high availability within same datacenter as well as across datacenters. Reduced IOPS requirement: With 70% reduction in IOPS requirement, it gives an option to go for less expensive storage solutions. Cons Customers upgrading from exchange 2003 need to invest more since it is supported only on x64 hardware. Little bit complex to design. Specifically larger environments. Exchange 2010 will be preffered solution for customers with large number of mailboxes due to its robust design and high availability features