What is Microsoft Hyper-V?
Hyper-V is a native hypervisor for x86-64 systems, enabling platform virtualization. It is a Microsoft product that comes in two forms. One form is Hyper-V as a standalone product, known as Hyper-V Server (Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 is the latest version). The other form is as a role to be installed in Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, or the x64 version of Window 8 Pro. No matter what form it takes, Hyper-V gives you the services and tools required to create a virtualized server environment.
Hyper-V creates a cost-effective, stable and productive server virtualization environment by running multiple operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and more, in parallel on one server.
Some of the business benefits of installing Hyper-V include:
- Create a private cloud environment or expand an existing one.
- Optimize hardware utilization and minimize resource consumption by consolidating servers in the form of virtual machines on one physical host.
- Improvement of business continuity.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure creation or expansion.
- Greater efficiency for test and development activities.
Also known as
Large customer base from all industries, all over the world. Two major Hyper-V customers are Telefonica and EmpireCLS.