GP
Business Transformation and Automation Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Excellent ability to incorporate the customers, very stable, and offers good scalability

• "I'd rate the solution as highly stable."
  • "The pricing is a bit expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a self-check-in tool for customers for a number of hotels.

What is most valuable?

The ability to incorporate the customers is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

The pricing and support have room for improvement. The pricing is too high currently. We are thinking about the pricing from the end customer's perspective.

I've been using the solution for around three years.

I'd rate the solution as highly stable.

The solution offers good scalability capabilities. There are tens of thousands of end-users on the solution currently.

I've never been directly in touch with Microsoft's technical support team. My team has been, however, and I'd say, according to them, they are quite responsive.

We did previously use a different solution. We switched because of the lack of quality within the other solution. The way Microsoft adapted to the corporate customers, offered stability and scalability, and also the quality of support were some of the reasons we switched.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It's complex. Typically, deployment takes one year.

I handled the implementation myself with the assistance of my team.

The pricing is a bit expensive.

We did evaluate other options. We looked at both Java and PHP.

What other advice do I have?

We are official partners and we are sellers for UiPath. For Microsoft, however, we're just customers.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using.

I'd advise others to find a solution that is suitable to the customer's needs and to examine the customer's business case before deploying anything. In our case, this solution was something that is a bit more expensive. However, it's of the highest caliber and it's stable. In this scenario, it made sense for us to choose Microsoft.

I'd recommend the solution to others serving a similar type of customer.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

AbdulshukoorMohammed
General Manager Information Technology & Enterprise Applications Manager at OXFORD HOLDING
A flexible and cost-effective framework for developers of business applications

• "The most valuable feature is the financial accounting."
  • "This solution should include Power BI so that we don't have to use any third-party tools."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for point-of-sale and finances. We also use it for maintaining student information, details about teachers, attendance, and grades.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the financial accounting.

What needs improvement?

This solution should include Power BI so that we don't have to use any third-party tools. Including business intelligence tools would allow for easy understanding and quick decision making. It will help as it is for summarizing all of the business-specific analytics.

We have been using the Microsoft .NET Framework for six years.

The Microsoft .NET Framework is 100% stable. We have to use it for our day-to-day activities. Also, based on the business functionality you have to keep upgrading.

This platform is easy to scale. We have approximately 100 users, five of which are administrators and the remainder are business users.

We have been in touch with Microsoft technical support and we are happy with their work.

Prior to Microsoft .NET, we used Oracle DPK. The problem with DPK is that it is old technology that was used ten or twelve years ago. It has some limitations regarding client-server models.

We switched because .NET is a very flexible framework for enhancements, and it is cost-effective for developers.

The initial setup is easy.

We used consultants for the deployment and we use third-party business intelligence tools for the integration.

We did have the option to go with PHP and Joomla, but we were concerned that it may not be available after a few years. When it comes to Microsoft technology, it is more stable and because they are a giant in technology, .NET will be an everlasting solution for which we can always find developers and support.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft .NET Framework. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
YK
QA Supervisor at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Feature-rich, you can easily interact with it, and it has libraries readily available

• "If we take low code, no code platform such as RPA platforms, you might end up writing 100 lines of code and you might do it in a single line of code using. NET."
  • "You need to have the technical expertise to use this product."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for Forms.

Website for basic monitoring of the tools, and we have developed intelligent automation which is like a service and is running in the backend to monitor bots.

We are using basic coding to do the automation monitoring stops.

What is most valuable?

It comes with many features that you can interact with and has all of the libraries readily available, which is not available in the RPA platforms.

You can create your own SSIS package. You can integrate with all of the Windows objects, which is not available in Automation Anywhere, and you need to rely on their Object Cloning technologies to interact with them.

What needs improvement?

You need to have the technical expertise to use this product.

We have not had any issues with bugs or glitches.

It's an in-house development, we don't have more than 12 users.

We have contacted technical support but not for. NET. We contacted them for Power Automate.

We have only just started interacting with them, so I am not able to evaluate them.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to build automation without much technical expertise then I would say not to go with, . NET. With. NET, you need the technical expertise.

If you are looking for something that is readily used to be available for automation, then I would say to go with RPA tools. Also, if you want to go ahead with low code, no code platforms Power Automate gives you RPA capabilities without the user knowing the technical aspect of it.

Mohamed Abdel Rhman
R&D Supervisor at Ofissoft
Easy to set up and the community chat provides good technical support

• "The most valuable features are the Domain Controller and the WBFS Manager."
  • "Better integration with other tools to make the operation faster would be an improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for infrastructure work and Business Intelligence.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Domain Controller and the WBFS Manager.

The integration services allow us to connect to resources like Oracle.

What needs improvement?

There are certain tools, such as Oracle, that this solution does not integrate well with. The performance is slow and the connection takes a long time. Better integration with other tools to make the operation faster would be an improvement.

I have been using the Microsoft .NET Framework for one year.

There were problems with the older versions of this solution. The newest version is stable, but sometimes you have multiple versions installed and you have to switch between them. You don't always know if you're compiling with the most recent version.

I am the only one who is working with this solution in my company.

I always use the community chat and my experience with it is very good.

The initial setup is easy. Finding services is easy on the service tab. You can install the features that you want to use. It is better than using the Control Panel to add features, which was the old way to do it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend, but the best versions to have are 3.5 and 4.

Syed Fahad Anwar
Principal System Developer at a government with 51-200 employees
Easy to use, scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

You are able to develop applications using Microsoft .NET Framework. It is a development framework.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by optimizing the memory for better performance.

I have been using Microsoft .NET Framework for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable because Mircosoft releases updates frequently.

The solution is scalable. We have approximately 13 users using this solution.

When we have contacted Microsoft Support they ask too many questions and…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by optimizing the memory for better performance.

I have been using Microsoft .NET Framework for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable because Mircosoft releases updates frequently.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 13 users using this solution.

When we have contacted Microsoft Support they ask too many questions and requiring too many details. They sometimes do not assign the right person that has the knowledge to deal with the support ticket.

The installation is straightforward. The time for the deployment depends on the environment, but it typically takes approximately 45 minutes.

I did the implementation myself. However, I would recommend using a team of experts for the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

The solution is free but you need to pay for a license for the hosting service.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. However, they need to understand the capability of the Framework, and they should align their solution according to the Framework to prevent any showstopper or bottlenecks in their development process.

I rate Microsoft .NET Framework a nine out of ten.