Microsoft OneDrive Overview

Microsoft OneDrive is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Content Collaboration Platforms. It is most often compared to Box: Microsoft OneDrive vs Box

What is Microsoft OneDrive?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business gives you online storage that works seamlessly with the tools you use every day to create, communicate, and collaborate from your PC/Mac or your iOS, Android, or Windows device.

Microsoft OneDrive is also known as MS OneDrive, MS OneDrive, MS OneDrive.

Microsoft OneDrive Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft OneDrive Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Microsoft OneDrive Customers

Chevron, Accenture, Booz Allen Hamilton, DBS, Nestle, Lowe's, MGM Resorts, Textron, MGM Resorts

Microsoft OneDrive Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Personal docente at Universidad Politécnica Territorial del Estado Aragua "Federico Brito Figueroa"

What is our primary use case?

OneDrive has been used in a personal setting for several years, but with the project of making a blog it has served me by hosting important files that I must place on the page. It is important to highlight that because of the option to share, I have been able to work with other colleagues that help me on the blog project, who edit and modify the shared items in order to improve them. On the other hand, when blog users have to download a document, OneDrive is the main server where I host office files in general, since from that platform I can make editions with the online programs that… more »

• "The most valuable feature is to be able to modify the file online and keep it stored on the cloud, since it is not necessary to download it to make modifications."
  • "Image management is great since the search is simple, and accessing images with labels is easy."
  • "An online video player would be great, since sometimes you have to download the video to play it."
  • "An increase in the capacity of storage in the free version would be nice."
Geophysical Analyst at GMA Proyectos Siglo XXI C.A
Allows us to share documents without the need of extra hardware

What is our primary use case?

In our business, we usually use Microsoft OneDrive for file sharing without the need for additional hardware (such as flash drives or external hard drives). Working in an engineering company, OneDrive is useful when submitting documents to clients.

• "It was extremely easy to setup."
  • "We use Microsoft OneDrive for file sharing without the need for additional hardware (such as flash drives or external hard drives)."
  • "I would advice not storage sensitive information since it could be prone to hacking."
  • "The website could be improved. Sometimes I try to login and the website has issues, I can't retrieve my documents."

What other advice do I have?

I believe Microsoft OneDrive is one of the best cloud storage options in the market. I would advice not storage sensitive information since it could be prone to hacking, but it is a great solution for document sharing.
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft OneDrive. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solution Architect for New Products and Services at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's linked with Microsoft security. It has problems if you want to store big files.

What is most valuable?

Stores important information Linked with Microsoft security

How has it helped my organization?

We have the Microsoft Office 365 solution and OneDrive is one of the products included. It gives you 1 TB disk space in the cloud.

What needs improvement?

It has problems if you want to store big files; this problem is not present in Google Drive or Dropbox.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is 7/10. Technical Support: Technical support is 7/10.

Senior Consultant | Architect at DHL
Together with Office 365, it helps me collaborate instead of sending attachments via email to colleagues.