Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse Scalability

Mohammed Sleem
EDRMS Practice Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I have no concern about the scalability. We have never faced any problems regarding the scalability. If we wanted to extend this, it is extendable. View full review »
EtienneReynecke
Microsoft Dynamics Specialist at Strategix Business Solutions
I think Microsoft is the largest scalable company in terms of data warehousing, elastic pools, elastic servers. Even with Power BI conducting parallel data warehouses. Those can scale up pretty large, and if you really want to, you can move into the data lakes. View full review »
Mukul-Jain
BI Developer at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
The scalability is really good. I know that we don't have to worry about scalability because one time at my former company, we almost doubled our size. In fact, the number of staff doubled and we were able to migrate very easily. The additional data was very easy to accommodate. In my previous company, my team had 35 users. At one point, during our migration, we had about 50 users who were working extensively with the solution. View full review »
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
419,360 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AnupNair
Senior Principal Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
There are some tools that are more scalable than this one, and the performance is better as well. This is an area that could use improvement, especially if you have a huge set of data. We have about 50 analysts and another 30 or 40 regular users who work with this solution every day. View full review »
reviewer1038354
Team Lead at a software R&D company with 10,001+ employees
It is definitely scalable. We have more than 220 users in multiple cities. Most of the people, perhaps 70%, are information technology users. The remaining 30% are business analysts who are concerned only with reports. We do plan on increasing our usage. We recently converted all of our Tableau data, and now we are working on permissions and security. View full review »
Elham-Gharegozloo
Senior System Analyst at Zarrin Roya
Scalability depends on how you design the warehouse. It can be scalable, but it depends on how much data you have to put into it. We have about six hundred users. View full review »
PALAKSURI
Software Engineer at Tech Mahindra Limited
We have not had problems with scalability. View full review »
ClaudeChan
Product Director at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
It is quite easy to scale this solution. The whole company of approximately 2,500 people uses it. View full review »
reviewer1086345
Vice President at a manufacturing company with 1-10 employees
The solution is very scalable. View full review »
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
419,360 professionals have used our research since 2012.