Cameo Mbowane
Chief Executive Officer at Customersoft Innovation
Reseller
Simple to use data connectivity components, but better integration with other tools is needed

• "The most valuable feature is the simple data connectivity components."
  • "Integration with databases and other tools needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for Microsoft PowerApps is to develop production-ready applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the simple data connectivity components. With no code, you can use multiple data sources with different software systems.

What needs improvement?

Integration with databases and other tools needs to be improved.

I have been working with Microsoft PowerApps for about three years.

The stability is fine and we have no issue there.

I am a bit concerned about scalability.

I have my own technical support team so we have not had to contact Microsoft technical support.

I have experience with Zoho Creator and I find that the environment is much better. The database integration is better and creating a production-ready app is very straightforward.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The problem that I am having with Microsoft PowerApps, and other no-code or low-code solutions, is that younger developers are not comfortable with it. They are more comfortable with C# because it gives them more control over what they are doing, and more control over the testing.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first conduct a large-scale, enterprise-level project. This way, you will see if the product is scalable enough for your requirements.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

ATHANASSIOS FAMELIARIS
S/W Technologies & Processes Unit Manager at Unisystems
Good containerization and support, but the user interface needs improvement

• "I like the containerization of Azure."
  • "The flexibility and the user interface need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers and resellers. We mainly collaborate with Microsoft and supplemental applications.

What is most valuable?

I like the containerization of Azure. We are trying other architectural options that they offer.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement and with PowerApps, there is a long way to go.

The flexibility and the user interface need improvement.

The speed, as in how fast things can be done, needs to be improved.

The workflow needs improvement and should be included in the platform.

We have been working with Microsoft Azure for the past year.

The support is good.

Here in Greece, we have enough support for Microsoft. There are some government-level agreements and county-level agreements.

It is easy to deploy, although we have some experience.

It seems pretty straightforward.

You have to be careful with pricing.

It might be too complicated to continuously monitor the business consumption and what to pay.

What other advice do I have?

It's not something you can easily rate, as you have to rate according to specifications and characteristics.

It is a good product but I would like to see the flexibility issues improved, and there are issues with the user interface. You have to use the interface in a specific way.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft PowerApps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GK
Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy for extracting data and app building

• "It's very easy to build an app using this solution."
  • "Installation and integration could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for when we're integrating something and need to extract some data. We use PowerApps to extract the data and create our own module inside PowerApps and create our own app. We extract data and integrate it with PowerApps.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to build an app using this solution. It's easier than with other tools.

What needs improvement?

I think installation and integration could be improved. It's tricky compared to other tools.

I've been using this solution for a month or so.

We are a small company and only have four or five people using this solution.

When it comes to installation, we need to install a gateway and integrate between two tools, for example, PowerApps and Power Virtual Agents, Deployment is a little complicated. The data is available in Google but it's a little difficult.

Licensing is on a monthly basis.

We tried a lot of other products before choosing PowerApps and we found Microsoft to be easier to use.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Microsoft is a large company and the product has good features. We plan to migrate all our tools to Microsoft in the future.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

GG
Solution Architect IAM at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Feature-rich, and easy to scale, but the setup is complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft PowerApps to get insight into the business. We use it for BI.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup should be improved. It could be easier. Technical support could be faster, and more accurate.

I have been working with Microsoft PowerApps for the last year. My experience is limited but I do use it from time to time.

Most of the time, Microsoft PowerApps is stable.

I have no issues with the scalability of Microsoft PowerApps. For our purposes, it is quite scalable.

At this time, I don't have any issues with technical support. It can…

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft PowerApps to get insight into the business. We use it for BI.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup should be improved. It could be easier.

Technical support could be faster, and more accurate.

Most of the time, Microsoft PowerApps is stable.

At this time, I don't have any issues with technical support. It can however take some time if you launch a service request, but most of the time, it is resolved within the expected time.

We also work with Microsoft 365.

The initial setup is moderately complex.

Microsoft PowerApps is expensive, but there are many features included.

What other advice do I have?

They think about how they will set it up before beginning to ensure they select suitable use cases.

I would rate Microsoft PowerApps a seven out of ten.

Yehuda Parnes
Founder at a tech company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Allows developers and nontechnical users to build mobile applications from selectable templates

• "The most valuable feature is the compatibility with other Microsoft components."
  • "Microsoft should combine both the web and the mobile environment with all of the layers of development into one package."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the compatibility with other Microsoft components, the connectivity to Microsoft databases, the connectivity to other components on the Microsoft Azure environment, the connectivity to Office 365 and the connectivity to teams and the overall environment.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft should combine both the web and the mobile environment with all of the layers of development into one package. Currently, it's separated because Microsoft Power Apps does not cover all of these issues, so you have to connect to two different solutions. With Mendix for example, with one environment, the developers can create either a mobile app or a web app — it's an all-in-one environment. Microsoft Power Apps is not a service. For instance, if you want to connect to a database, it will be done via a database platform.

Microsoft PowerApps is both scalable and stable.

Microsoft PowerApps has a good support community.

The initial setup is no more complicated than similar solutions. I'd say it's pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

WS
IT Department Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Functional and easy install but licensing structure confusing

• "We were impressed with the functionality of the solution."
  • "The pricing structure needs to be improved, the current information is confusing."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently piloting the solution, we are checking it with our workflow.

What is most valuable?

We were impressed with the functionality of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The pricing structure needs to be improved, the current information is confusing.

I have been using the solution for a few months.

The install is not a problem at all, it did not take very much time.

We did the deployment and we have a few employees for maintenance.

The pricing is too expensive and the licensing system is complicated. There are many pages of instruction on how to do the calculations for the price.

We are considering other products at this time because of the cost.

What other advice do I have?

We have just started using the product, it is unclear if we will continue to use it after taking into account the unclear pricing structure.

I rate Microsoft PowerApps a seven out of ten.

VA
IT Operations Section Head at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Generates reports quickly and is stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We migrated all the applications to the PowerApps Server and are sending some to other users.

What is most valuable?

Generating reports is very fast with Microsoft PowerApps. It's stable and scalable as well. Also, the technical support is good.

What needs improvement?

The price could be lower.

We've been using it since last year.

Microsoft PowerApps is stable.

It is scalable.

I am satisfied with the technical support for Microsoft PowerApps.

The installation was very easy because it's already in the cloud. It…

What is most valuable?

Also, the technical support is good.

What needs improvement?

The price could be lower.

We've been using it since last year.

Microsoft PowerApps is stable.

It is scalable.

I am satisfied with the technical support for Microsoft PowerApps.

The installation was very easy because it's already in the cloud. It took about 20 minutes to install PowerApps.

You can install Microsoft PowerApps by yourself.

The cost for licensing could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution at nine on a scale from one to ten.

FR
Group Head of IT at a marketing services firm with 201-500 employees
Scalable and stable with good usability

What is most valuable?

The usability, in terms of low-code applications, is a feature we have found most valuable. We just do development and then distribution.

What needs improvement?

Improvements to the capturing of geographic locations and integration with maps would raise my score of the product from seven point five to its maximum of ten.

We have been using Microsoft PowerApps for around two years.

So far, the product has shown stability.

The product is scalable.

What other advice do I have?

I am making use of the product in my own company. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Microsoft PowerApps for around two years.

So far, the product has shown stability.

The product is scalable.

What other advice do I have?

I am making use of the product in my own company.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft PowerApps Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.