KH
Sr. Project Manager
Provides the ability to break down project phases and is easy to set up and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our portfolio of projects. We use it to monitor, control, and update the status of each project, which includes our vendor projects and internal projects.

What is most valuable?

The ability to break down project phases is most valuable. Being able to align the tasks and reporting with project milestones and progress is also valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its price can be improved.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable and reliable.

It is medium in terms of scalability. We have approximately 50 people who use this solution.

How are customer

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its price can be improved.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable and reliable.

Their technical support is great.

Its initial setup is simple.

It was implemented internally. In terms of deployment and maintenance, a single resource can handle its maintenance, main configuration, and setup.

Its price could be reduced a little.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to concentrate on the culture and skillset of their team before implementing a project management tool.

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Microsoft Project an eight out of 10.

SK
Senior Business Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use for maintaining projects, stable, and it has many great features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to maintain projects within our enterprise.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the scheduling, managing the resources, budgeting, tracking the progress, viewing the progress, reporting, and it is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs more customization.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

We have not had any performance issues within our enterprise with any of the scaling we have done. We have more than 50 users and a team of six to maintain…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution needs more customization.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

We have more than 50 users and a team of six to maintain it.

At this time, we don't have the need to increase usage.

We have not had the need to contact technical support, as we have not experienced any down-time.

Previously, it was all manual work and wanted it to be on a digital platform and went with Microsoft.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I can recommend it to others.

I would rate this solution an eight out ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Project. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ME
Manager - Operations Advisory (Finance transformation and performance improvement) at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
User friendly, stable, and easy to do complex project plans

What is our primary use case?

I was using this solution for project planning and status reports for a work project I was involved in.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Project is user-friendly and easy to use to do very complex project plans.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard could be improved.

I have been using this solution for six months.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be very scalable.

We had evaluated other solutions before we chose Microsoft Project, such as Clarizen. Based on our discussion with the client, we decided to go with this solution.

What

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The dashboard could be improved.

I have been using this solution for six months.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be very scalable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Project an eight out of ten.