Microsoft System Center Overview

Microsoft System Center is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Application Infrastructure tools. It is most often compared to Oracle SOA Suite: Microsoft System Center vs Oracle SOA Suite

What is Microsoft System Center?
System Center helps customers realize the benefits of the Microsoft Cloud Platform by delivering unified management. Experience fast time-to-value with out-of-the-box monitoring, provisioning, configuration, automation, protection and self-service.

Microsoft System Center is also known as MS System Center, MS System Center, MS System Center.

Download the Application Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Microsoft System Center Customers
Kassen_rztliche Vereinigung Nordrhein, Magyar Telekom Nyrt., Adeka, QualCare, Aeriandi, UniCredit Bank d.d., Mostar, Allianz Australia Ltd., Grupo Familia
Microsoft System Center Video

Vladimír Richter
IT Manager - Czech Republic and Slovakia at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to configure and provides Better visibility of our environment

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is the monitoring of basic functionalities of servers, applications, and data applications. Also for our internal environment, we are using only the Operations Manager and not the configurations manager. The deployment model we are using was on-premises.

• "The features that I have found most valuable are the ease of configuration and the easy discovery of the environment."
  • "They should have some customized solutions or internal development, then maybe it could be easier to use different solutions or some self-developed solution."

What other advice do I have?

We don't need to monitor the application level instead of the infrastructure, which is a standard feature fo Microsoft System Center, but it is not enough for us. Usually, the infrastructure is stabilized, but we have many issues in our applications which is not standard and usually, it's an out of the box application and we must monitor these features. Before we were using Azure, and we were contacting Microsoft support monthly, depending on when we were implementing a new solution or if when we were having issues with the firewall. It all depends on the purpose of using this solution and…
Tahir Momoniat
ESM Product Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Has good availability, performance matrix and reporting capabilities with the ability to scale effectively

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for performance monitoring in the retail environment and our large Wintel estate. The solution provides real-time monitoring of the estate 24x7x365.

• "The availability performance matrix and the reporting capabilities are the solution's most valuable features."
  • "The solution's dashboard needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. In terms of advice I would give to other users, I'd say before implementing the solution, you have to plan for your environment appropriately, and seek advice from product experts at Microsoft or their business partners. I would rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Oracle, Red Hat and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Dimitris Zografos
IT Security & Infrastructure Manager and Technical Support at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable for overseeing operations systems; could be more user friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is to easily see the resources of our infrastructure and we use System Center for that. It allows us to simply review a situation and get a report about the operations systems for all users and know whether they need an upgrade or anything else. It allows us to manage and administer the infrastructure. We're a government organization and I am the infrastructure and technical support manager. We have an enterprise agreement with Microsoft, and we're also a customer.

• "Good for managing and administering the infrastructure."
  • "Could be more user friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure I would use this product if I were building a new infrastructure now. I would be more likely to use VMware, Vsign, and Visualize. The tools of VMware cover everything. They are more advanced and have more tools and you can use it for everything in the infrastructure. If you're using only Microsoft products then this is a good solution because you're working in a unified environment. The whole infrastructure functions better and you can monitor without problems. It makes life easier for the technicians and engineers in the company. I would rate this product a seven out of 10.
JI
Infrastructure Architect at a government with 10,001+ employees
Needs multi-tenancy support and better management but is very stable

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft System Center is a suite of products with different products within it. We have experience using all of them. We primarily use the solution for client management.

• "The solution is easily available. That's its most valuable aspect."
  • "The multi-tenancy support needs to be improved. We need to have the ability to manage several different environments from one central point of administration."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. We have a business relationship with Microsoft. However, we are only a customer. I'd recommend this solution to other companies. It's been quite good to us overall. I'd rate the solution four out of ten.
MM
Mid Platform Architect at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Very efficient, easy to implement, mature and stable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is responsibility for the implementation and support of this product. I am always involved in the architecture and the design operations. We have several thousand users. I am the Chief Operating Officer and we are partners with Microsoft.

• "Step-by-step documentation that clarifies the implementation procedure."
  • "Implementation and integration in the case of multi-tenant environments needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.
Ovidiu Popescu
Information Security Officer at AXSYS
Mature solution with good deployment and asset management features

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution internally. We use it to manage all of the devices across the organization.

How has it helped my organization?

The deployment and asset management features are the most valuable. These are the product's main features.  It has other features like remote sharing but we don't use those features.  It's a mature product.

I have been using Microsoft for four years.

It's stable. We have some bugs but it's stable. It doesn't break every day. It works. Like other applications, it has a lot of bugs but they're manageable.

It is scalable. Scalability doesn't need any improvement. I…
Product Categories
Application Infrastructure
Download our free Application Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Oracle, Red Hat, and more!