SB
Technical Project Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Handles meetings with multiple people with no visual or audio interruptions

• "The most valuable features are visual and audio, as they are very clear with no interruptions."
  • "Microsoft Teams does not have any features that Zoom, Skype, or Webex don't already have."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for meetings, especially since everyone is working from home now.

What is most valuable?

It has a chatting feature, document sharing, and features that are required for online meetings.

What needs improvement?

I have only recently started using Microsoft Teams. It's been more than a month.

We are using the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

I have not contacted technical support, as I have not had any issues.

We were using Zoom but there were some issues, then we started using Microsoft Teams. We were also using previously using Webex as well as Skype. In total, there are many different products that I have used.

The initial setup is easy to work through.

What other advice do I have?

We use several Microsoft products.

It's a good product that can handle multiple people. My impression of Microsoft Teams is very good.

HG
Project Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent chat functionality with good stability but there are issues with synchronization

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for communication within our function teams. We use it for project organization, etc.

What is most valuable?

The chat functionality is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We occasionally have issues with synchronization between different dates. This aspect of stability needs improvement. The solution could be better integrated with SharePoint and have better workflows especially for writing drafts for review and release.

I've been using the solution for one month.

The solution is largely stable, but we do face issues around synchronization between different devices.

What do I think about the

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The chat functionality is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for one month.

The scalability is good. It's not a problem to put more users onto the solution. We do plan to increase usage, but we'll take some time before doing so.

We previously used Skype occasionally for team communication.

The initial setup was easy. The company-wide deployment took several months.

We had an internal team handle the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution.

I'd rate the solution 7.5 out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DM
Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Helpful for remote meetings, but the user interface should be improved

What is our primary use case?

We using Teams for internal and external communication. It is for one-on-one chats as well as group discussions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to have remote meetings with customers and colleagues.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is non-intuitive and should be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for about a year.

Microsoft Teams is a stable product.

I have not had a problem with scalability. We are using it corporate-wide across all company roles. At this point, I don't see our usage increasing.

How are customer service and technical

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The user interface is non-intuitive and should be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for about a year.

Microsoft Teams is a stable product.

I rely on our internal team for technical support, so I have not used support from Microsoft.

Prior to Microsoft Teams, we were using Skype for Business. I prefer the interface that Skype has.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Microsoft Teams is included with our Office 365.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

MK
Chief Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Excellent integration features, particularly document sharing

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Teams is for meetings, but we also use it for document management and chatting, things like that.

What is most valuable?

I would consider document management a valuable feature. It's really the integration, being able to create groups to share documents that I think is the best. In other words, I can set up a meeting and associate documents to that meeting and everybody can see it.

What needs improvement?

I think the solution would be improved by giving people the ability to call into meetings. I don't think we have that ability yet.

I've been using this solution for nine months. We're partners with Microsoft and I'm the chief architect in our company.

What do I think about the

What needs improvement?

This is a solid and stable solution.

The scalability of this solution is good. We have almost 140,000 users in this company and Teams is used extensively.

The technical support is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend spending the time to learn the product, there is a learning curve.

Private Cloud
Isara Koyvanich
Assistant Vice President at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Bundled with other software, integrates well, and has good audio quality

• "One big advantage of this solution over competitors is it is bundled with Office 365. This makes it more convenient."
  • "This solution is not as popular for companies to use as other solutions making it a disadvantage."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for group meetings.

What is most valuable?

One big advantage of this solution over competitors is it is bundled with Office 365. This makes it more convenient. Additionally, this solution integrates well with Outlook, which is part of the bundle, and other applications such as your calendar.

What needs improvement?

This solution is not as popular for companies to use as other solutions making it a disadvantage.

I have been using the solution for a couple of months.

We have approximately 260 people in my organization using this solution.

I have used Zoom previously and I have found there are technical problems frequently, such as the meeting or voice cuts out. This can happen even if the same network is used. The quality of voice is better with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because I have had good experiences.

I rate Microsoft Teams an eight of out ten.

JC
Senior Solution Manager at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
User interface could be more flexible; the collaborating feature is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We're partners with Microsoft and I'm a senior solutions manager.

What is most valuable?

I think the collaborating feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved, it's a bit tedious that you cannot move around within the solution without closing what you are in the middle of.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we have approximately 500 users.

We have our own support.

We used Skype…

What is our primary use case?

We're partners with Microsoft and I'm a senior solutions manager.

What is most valuable?

I think the collaborating feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we have approximately 500 users.

We have our own support.

We used Skype prior to Teams and switched because support for Skype was terminated.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a four out of 10.

KarthikViswanathan
President at Convene, Inc.
Good collaboration functionality in online meetings, but web conferencing needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as a collaboration platform. We use it extensively for online meetings, chat, creating specific team related sites, and sharing content between the team members.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to collaborate.

What needs improvement?

Web conferencing needs improvements. The biggest issue is web content. We would like to have a caller's telephone number easily available to the team members.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for three to four months.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to collaborate.

What needs improvement?

Web conferencing needs improvements.

The biggest issue is web content.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for three to four months.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Tanseer K
CIO & General Manager at Almarai Company Limited
Helped us work from home by providing collaboration, meetings, and video calls

What is our primary use case?

Collaboration Meetings Voice, video calls, and chats

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed for collaboration during the COVID-19 situation (work from home).

What is most valuable?

Calling Setting up teams Meetings File transfer

What needs improvement?

Whiteboard should be standard rather than an app.

Six months.

What is our primary use case?

• Collaboration
  • Meetings
  • Voice, video calls, and chats

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Calling
  • Setting up teams
  • Meetings
  • File transfer

What needs improvement?

Whiteboard should be standard rather than an app.

Six months.