MikroTik Cloud Router Switch OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MikroTik Cloud Router Switch is #4 ranked solution in top Routers and #15 ranked solution in top Ethernet Switches. IT Central Station users give MikroTik Cloud Router Switch an average rating of 8 out of 10. MikroTik Cloud Router Switch is most commonly compared to MikroTik Routers and Switches:MikroTik Cloud Router Switch vs MikroTik Routers and Switches. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 47% of all views.
What is MikroTik Cloud Router Switch?
MikroTik Cloud Router Switch is a new Smart Switch series. It combines the best features of a fully functional router and a Layer 3 switch, is powered by the familiar RouterOS. All the specific Switch configuration options are available in a special Switch menu, also ports can be removed from the switch configuration, and used for routing purposes.

MikroTik Cloud Router Switch was previously known as MikroTik CRS Series.

Download the Routers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

MikroTik Cloud Router Switch Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about MikroTik Cloud Router Switch pricing:
  • "MikroTik is really cheap compared to the competitors."
  • "This product has a one-time cost and there is no licensing fee."
  • "The price of the solution is fair and there is a one-time license purchase only."

MikroTik Cloud Router Switch Reviews

CZ
Network Operations Specialists at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
A flexible and cost-effecting product with powerful scripting capability

• "The wiki page that describes the scripting and other features is very good."
  • "Improvements are needed with respect to some of the security, especially for VPN links between vendors other than Cisco."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as part of our network solution, but we also have customers in Cameroon that we have implemented it for. We design their systems at a low cost, implement them, and then provide training.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flexibility within the advanced configuration.

IDS and IPS are very good.

The wiki page that describes the scripting and other features is very good. It is quite impressive for new users who want to learn about MikroTik.

What needs improvement?

Improvements are needed with respect to some of the security, especially for VPN links between vendors other than Cisco. For example, what works between MikroTik and Cisco does not work as well between MikroTik and Fortinet. I have seen some bugs.

The certification process should be improved.

Have localized or regional pricing would be an improvement.

I would like to see GPS tools embedded into the devices.

I have been working with this product for seven years.

This is a stable product.

I do not generally contact technical support. I have had to do some reading on issues that I was having, and I have always been able to find a solution. I have never had the kind of problem that necessitated calling support.

I have worked with solutions from Cisco, Juniper, and Fortinet. The type of project dictates which product works best in the environment.

I find the initial setup to be easy. It may be more complex for people just getting started within MikroTik, although it should be straightforward even for junior engineers.

MikroTik is really cheap compared to the competitors. They are the cheapest ones in Cameroon except for Ubiquiti at the router level.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has improved a great deal over time and in many domains. They have hired experts from around the world, from vendors such as Cisco, to help improve the product. Some examples are scripting has improved, along with advanced routing techniques, and wireless device support. However, the biggest improvements are in cloud routers.

Normally, every two months at the maximum, new updates and firmware is released for the devices. It is really amazing. It is like the developers do not sleep at all. I am consistently impressed with how their technology is advancing.

Overall, this is a product that works well.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MN
Owner at it logic
Easy to configure, scalable, and the GUI makes it easy to use

• "The GUI is easy to use."
  • "If MikroTik had a marketing team and support team in India then it would be much easier for us to get the product, as well as support."

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is a GUI-based router used as part of a corporate-level network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to configure.

The GUI is easy to use.

When an update is released it is easy to download and install.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this product for the last five years.

This is a stable product and we plan to continue selling it in the future.

We use this product in small or medium-scale corporations. We have companies with up to 10,000 users.

In India, there is no distributor for MikroTik so there is no direct technical support. However, we don't need support because it is easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It takes perhaps ten minutes to deploy.

We did the implementation ourselves.

This product has a one-time cost and there is no licensing fee. This is unlike Cisco.

The MikroTik Cloud Router Switch is good but as a brand name, Cisco is always number one. This is why we use Cisco, rather than MikroTik, for banking applications. On the other hand, I would rate MikroTik a five-star rating for configuration, whereas I would rate Cisco with one star.

What other advice do I have?

Find out what your peers are saying about MikroTik, Cisco, Huawei and others in Routers. Updated: November 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mahmood Abdollahi
Senior Network Engineer at Dejpaad
Good firewall capability, and the mangle feature is useful

• "There are a lot of features to control permitting or stopping packets in the network."
  • "Antispam and antivirus features should be included in the future."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the mangle.

The firewall is very good. There are a lot of features to control permitting or stopping packets in the network.

What needs improvement?

Support for intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) is needed.

Antispam and antivirus features should be included in the future.

I have been working with this product for about 10 years.

This is a stable solution.

This product is not recommended for enterprise-level projects. We have approximately 50 users in our company who use it.

The technical support is okay.

I have also worked with similar solutions from Cisco, Fortinet, and Juniper.

The price is very good.

What other advice do I have?

I think that Mikrotik is the best solution for SOHO and small businesses because the price is very good and it includes a lot of features. For larger companies, I would recommend a different product, perhaps by Cisco.

MULTILINK COMPUTERS LTD
Project Manager at MULTILINK COMPUTERS PVT LTD
Has better throughput than its competitors and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We bought it for our office to distribute internet. I am also a service provider.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it has better throughput than its competitors. I also like the "routerless" feature.

What needs improvement?

There has to be more development in the OS. It's complex for this switch as compared to others like Cisco. For NetGear and Cisco, it's easy to adapt the VLAN concept but it should be simplified for MikroTik. I would like to see more integration abilities with NetGear.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

It is stable.

I haven't…

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration abilities with NetGear.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

It is stable.

I haven't contacted technical support.

It was complex to set up. The concept is simple but it was complex to set up.

I have a technical background so I was able to do the implementation. It took a few days to get done.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

RJ
Firewall Engineer at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
MSP
Easy to use, easy to install, and priced fair

What is our primary use case?

I have been using the solution as a network switch.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very similar to the on-premises version making it easy to use for those who know the architect.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could improve and they should allow a license for IBS.

The installation is easy.

I did the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I rate MikroTik Cloud Router Switch an eight out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

I have been using the solution as a network switch.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The user interface could improve and they should allow a license for IBS.

The installation is easy.

I did the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate MikroTik Cloud Router Switch an eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Routers Ethernet Switches
Download our free Routers Report and find out what your peers are saying about MikroTik, Cisco, Huawei, and more!