Mimecast Mailbox Continuity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Email Archiving tools. It is most often compared to Google Vault: Mimecast Mailbox Continuity vs Google Vault

What is Mimecast Mailbox Continuity?

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity provides uninterrupted access to live and archive email using Outlook for Windows, the web and mobile applications.

Download the Email Archiving Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity Customers

DAC Beachcroft, OceanFirst, Currie & Brown, Alexander Forbes, Lagan Group, Lals Group, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, Wedlake Bell, Macmillan Cancer Support, Bech-Bruun

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Mimecast Mailbox Continuity pricing:
  • "Its price is in the middle range. It is a structured licensing model where there are various components that you can add or choose to add or not."

Mimecast Mailbox Continuity Reviews

Warren Dettmann
System Architect at a hospitality company with 501-1,000 employees
Good security, pretty reliable, and good support

• "The security is pretty good, and that's why we're going to upgrade to an even more advanced package. We used it when we had a power issue, and it works. It has been pretty reliable, and the support has been quite good."
  • "The interface and the documentation could be improved. They can also include some more training resources and content like video. While setting things up, I had to search for the information quite a bit. It took me time to find the correct way to do something. The information is there, but it is sort of all over the place. They can create a better help knowledge base or help portal. It retains your email for 45 days. They can maybe increase this duration."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for email availability. In case our on-premises mail servers go down, we switch over to this solution.

We also use it for security. It has a security element, and it does malware checks. We are looking into purchasing Mimecast Email Security 3.0.

What is most valuable?

The security is pretty good, and that's why we're going to upgrade to an even more advanced package.

We used it when we had a power issue, and it works. It has been pretty reliable, and the support has been quite good.

What needs improvement?

The interface and the documentation could be improved. They can also include some more training resources and content like video. While setting things up, I had to search for the information quite a bit. It took me time to find the correct way to do something. The information is there, but it is sort of all over the place. They can create a better help knowledge base or help portal.

It retains your email for 45 days. They can maybe increase this duration.

I have been using this solution for four years.

Its stability is good. We haven't had any issues.

It is scalable. We have 250 users.

The support has been quite good.

We are currently using Continuity, but we are moving our email to Office 365.

Previously, we used a Barracuda device. At that stage, we wanted to use the actual continuity feature, and Barracuda was only offering anti-spam. We also wanted the benefits of a cloud solution and not having to worry about the Barracuda device going down. We switched because of the reliability and availability requirements, and it was more functional.

It was fairly simple. The only issue was trying to find the correct method to do a certain thing, but I didn't battle too much. I didn't have to use support. It was fairly straightforward.

The main deployment probably took a couple of days. There was some work here and there for a few months, but everything was up and running in a couple of days.

I did the installation, and I am also responsible for its maintenance.

Its price is in the middle range. It is a structured licensing model where there are various components that you can add or choose to add or not.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product. It is reliable and easy to use. It is a good product.

I would rate Mimecast Mailbox Continuity an eight out of ten.

Other
KK
Senior Email Engineer at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good anti-spam and large file sending capabilities, good training, and easy to set up

• "The Large File Send feature comes in handy when you have to send fairly large attachments."
  • "Technical support has been slower than it was in the past, likely due to the pandemic."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product to journal our email. If there is a disaster, for example, and our primary and secondary data center goes down, we can turn it on for email continuity.

We don't take advantage of the archiving capability.

What is most valuable?

The two most valuable features are anti-spam and Large File Send. I know a lot of people that have Mimecast in front of Office 365 because it's a pretty good firewall in front of your email.

They provide training classes online, where you can review with an instructor.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Mimecast Mailbox Continuity for approximately five years.

It has been stable for the past couple of months, although last year wasn't too good because there were a couple of service interruptions. I think that it was related to some upgrades that they were doing.

With respect to scalability, we sometimes point to third-party solutions and it integrates pretty well with other products.

The technical support is pretty good. It changed recently, and I think that they're in the process of revamping it. I think that due to COVID, it is definitely taking longer for some things to be taken care of.

Prior to Mimecast, we were using Symantec MessageLabs. The support that we were getting from Symantec was not good. The problem with Symantec products is that they start well, but eventually, they are not good enough.

The initial setup is easy and the process is informative.

Besides the online classes that are available, there's someone that will guide you through a good part of the setup as far as getting everything in place and migrated, so they make it pretty easy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is to test it out, although it's always good to look at other vendors, too. Mimecast is pretty good, even if you're on Office 365.

This is a product that is definitely needed today.

Product Categories
Email Archiving
Download our free Email Archiving Report and find out what your peers are saying about Mimecast, Proofpoint, Barracuda Networks, and more!