Mirantis Container Cloud Overview

Mirantis Container Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Container Virtualization tools. It is most often compared to Flockport: Mirantis Container Cloud vs Flockport

What is Mirantis Container Cloud?

Docker provides an integrated technology suite that enables development and IT operations teams to build, ship, and run distributed applications anywhere. Docker allows you to package an application with all of its dependencies into a standardized unit for software development. Docker containers wrap up a piece of software in a complete filesystem that contains everything it needs to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries, anything you can install on a server. This guarantees that it will always run the same, regardless of the environment it is running in.

Mirantis Container Cloud is also known as Docker .

Mirantis Container Cloud Customers

illumina, Groupon, PayPal, ebay, ING, New Relic

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Mirantis Container Cloud pricing:
  • "The community edition does not require a license and is completely free."
  • "We use the free version of this solution."

RS
Transformation Leader at TEKsystems (ex Aston Carter)
Enables us to run a different operating system and browser combination on a single machine of 16 GB Redhat 7

What is our primary use case?

We use Docker for the construction of container-based QA environments and the development environments as well.

• "You need to make an architectural runway before actually starting to implement Docker Compose, especially in a distributed environment."
  • "I find Docker easier to use, but I gave it to an inexperienced developer and it took him a lot of time to understand."

What other advice do I have?

I recommend using Docker. The most important thing is that you review your internal capability building before using this product. * Look at what kind of skill sets are currently in the organization. * Make sure that everybody understands what Docker means before implementing. * Up-skill them and make sure that everybody understands why Docker is important in the scheme of things. Some organizations may think that Docker doesn't fit their culture. In general, I think that Docker is a good fit for 80% of the organizations that I've seen. Internal capability building is the other thing that is…
CEO and Founder at Indicrypt Systems
Leaderboard
Facilitates rapid deployment and has thorough, easy to read documentation

What is our primary use case?

My experience with Docker is in helping to provide solutions for my clients. Specifically, this involves continuous integration and continuous deployment for my clients' workflow.

• "Docker is very helpful for taking the code from development and applying it to the end user."
  • "It would be very nice to have a GUI that can be used by any administrator, and not just people who have experience with Docker."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to read the documentation very carefully. That can give a lot of relief when the client needs a solution. If Docker had a graphical user interface then it would be a perfect solution. I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.
CEO and owner at m3production
Leaderboard
Provide nice standardized brick to elaborate and maintain any sized application or SI

What is our primary use case?

We use the hybrid version of solution with public and on-premises. Our primary use case for Docker is to make it easier for us deploy and maintainon our applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Well dockerized application are much easier to maintain, at a fewer cost.

What is most valuable?

Manage complex application architecture and installation procedure in simple text files.

What needs improvement?

Dynamic port association on active containers.

I've been working on this solution for about two to three years now.

I think the solution is stable enough.

The solution follows…
AG
Senior Front-End Developer at Oodrive
Leaderboard
Reporting is fast and effective and I like that it is straightforward and powerful

• "The initial setup was really easy and the deployment was fast and straightforward."
  • "I would also like to see more features inside Docker as well as more integration with different solutions."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to just do it. It is a no-brainer. I really recommend this solution and on a scale from one to ten, my rating is a nine.
CC
DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up and easy to use for the delivery of our applications

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the containerization of applications. We have several use cases in this domain.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ease of use. It is easy to use and easy to set up so that we can deliver our applications.

What needs improvement?

Integration with Windows is something that can be improved.

I have been using Mirantis Container Cloud for approximately a year and a half.

I cannot recall experiencing any issues with bugs or glitches.

I have never been in touch with technical support.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward. …
User
Brings ease during development, testing, and deployment

What is our primary use case?

I use Docker during both development time when I write new applications and for production where we deploy our applications on platforms such as Kubernetes and Mesos.

How has it helped my organization?

Now it is easier to set up the development environment and also to test the applications on the pipelines.

What is most valuable?

The most valuables features are its ease of use and ease in setting up environments.

What needs improvement?

The solution would benefit in improvements made to the storage, cleaning up information from the disk, and reading logs.

One year.
Senior IT Consultant at .
Ease of managing and deployment provides us a more scalable and agile environment

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the virtualization of monolithic apps, providing a better scalable and agile solution.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization with the agility, microservices approach, and scalable solutions for distributed systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are scalability and agility. It is easy to manage and deploy.

What needs improvement?

The orchestration and tracing should be improved.

One year.