monday.com OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

monday.com is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Project Management Software. It is most often compared to Asana: monday.com vs Asana

What is monday.com?

Perfectly scalable, fully customizable, and supported for thousands of users. From managing core processes to team management to project or task management, monday.com has got your back.

monday.com is also known as DaPulse.

monday.com Buyer's Guide

Download the monday.com Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

monday.com Customers

Raw Digital, Wix, Discovery, Frost & Sullivan, Adidas, Asos, Uber

monday.com Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about monday.com pricing:
  • "I wasn't involved with the licensing, but I believe it's negotiable."
  • "The solution is quite inexpensive. For example, we pay $8,500 for 75 users. It's somewhere around $100 a user, approximately."
  • "Fees are paid monthly per user."
  • "The project manager would be responsible for any licensing fees. As an end-user, we just follow suit."

Juan Mendoza
General Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Nicely streamlined with good features and an easy setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project management. We use it as a system for our project managers and for our customers. They submit tickets, activities, and items that we have on the schedule.

• "The solution is more of a streamlined Slack."
  • "The solution has dashboards, however, you have a limited amount. You may only get ten when you need closer to 30. We often need to create many boards. For example, we might need one board per customer. If we have more than ten customers, we run out of boards available. I'm not sure if you can pay more in order to get more or if it's just a design limitation. It's unclear. In any case, they should be more generous."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with monday.com. I believe we are using the enterprise version of the solution. It may be one or two levels above the standard solution. The best advice I can give to others considering the solution is to really think about the structure early on. The solution really has a lot of tools and it's really easy to implement it. That said, you can end up having many ways to organize your projects. Therefore, the best advice is to have a real plan and structure before you're starting using it, otherwise, you may end up all over the place…
SL
Senior Accountant at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
Great for managing small projects, but communication can be difficult

What is our primary use case?

monday.com is a project management tool. Within our organization, there are 20 to 25 employees using this solution. In our firm, different people have different roles, and sometimes we need to communicate. Some people are remote workers — some people are probably in Toronto, and other team members are in Vancouver. We use this tool to communicate. Our boss can follow a project and see how far along it is. He can talk to specific people if something is not going very well. We don't have to deal with maintenance as monday.com is on the cloud.

• "The value is that monday.com provides us with an overall picture of how much work a teammate has."
  • "Sometimes allocating between team members via the communication tool can be difficult."

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a tool to manage simple projects, then this is a tool that can be used. Still, don't expect too much from the tool. I think the communication part is the most important part. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give monday.com a rating of seven.
Learn what your peers think about monday.com. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AC
Director Of Information Technology at a media company with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to set up, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project management.

• "The global search is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "The user admin module could be more accessible."

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Monday.com. We're using the latest version of the solution. While it is deployed on the cloud, I'm not sure which cloud service we are using. I'd advise those considering the solution to first run a pilot project first to try it out and get to know it. Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
DD
Director of Collaborative Delivery at a engineering company with 51-200 employees
Feature-rich, adapts well to different product environments, scales well, and is stable

What is our primary use case?

We work in construction for an architectural firm. We do the design, and construction in an agile management system.

• "monday.com is easy to set up."
  • "They could offer more packages. There seems to be a gap in price between package offers. One has as much as a $30 difference."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate monday.com a nine out of ten.
SB
COO at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly and easy to set up but has issues surrounding automation capabilities

What is our primary use case?

The solution is generally used for tasks such as if you need business functions such as marketing, CRM, et cetera, that can be tracked. We use it with the Jira technical team.

• "The initial setup is very easy."
  • "Some of the automation is having some technical difficulties."

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten. For business processes, it's pretty good, however, for more technical tasks, it's not there yet. I'd recommend the product to those looking to organize business processes, however, for more technical teams, I would advise that they go with Jira.
PP
User at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A scalable and stable solution which provides good security and ease-of-use

What is our primary use case?

I do not know which version we are currently using. I do not enquire about such information, as I am just the end-user. We use the solution to deliver all the tasks in the marketing team, of which I am a member, and we can monitor those that we we must finish within a week. We also do CRM tasks there. We use it to input the customers' database, so that we may have summary information on them, such as their status or who has just been on-boarded.

• "The solution can be customized for individual projects and quite easy to use."
  • "In my initial exposure to the interface, I did not find it to be very user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I consider the security to be good at the moment. The last time that we conducted a survey of the 90 people in our organization, it came out that more than 60 percent of them were making use of the solution. I would recommend the solution to other users. It is sufficiently good. Summary instructions are enough for a new person to use it with ease. I rate monday.com as a seven or eight out of ten.