monday.com OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

monday.com is #5 ranked solution in top Project Management Software. IT Central Station users give monday.com an average rating of 8 out of 10. monday.com is most commonly compared to Asana: monday.com vs Asana. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 19% of all views.
What is monday.com?

Perfectly scalable, fully customizable, and supported for thousands of users. From managing core processes to team management to project or task management, monday.com has got your back.

monday.com is also known as DaPulse.

monday.com Buyer's Guide

Download the monday.com Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

monday.com Customers

Raw Digital, Wix, Discovery, Frost & Sullivan, Adidas, Asos, Uber

monday.com Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about monday.com pricing:
  • "I wasn't involved with the licensing, but I believe it's negotiable."
  • "The price is reasonable for the number of users we have."
  • "The solution is quite inexpensive. For example, we pay $8,500 for 75 users. It's somewhere around $100 a user, approximately."
  • "Fees are paid monthly per user."
  • "The project manager would be responsible for any licensing fees. As an end-user, we just follow suit."

monday.com Reviews

Juan Mendoza
General Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Nicely streamlined with good features and an easy setup

• "The solution is more of a streamlined Slack."
  • "The solution has dashboards, however, you have a limited amount. You may only get ten when you need closer to 30. We often need to create many boards. For example, we might need one board per customer. If we have more than ten customers, we run out of boards available. I'm not sure if you can pay more in order to get more or if it's just a design limitation. It's unclear. In any case, they should be more generous."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project management. We use it as a system for our project managers and for our customers. They submit tickets, activities, and items that we have on the schedule.

What is most valuable?

The solution is more of a streamlined Slack.

The solution has a lot of essential features, I would say.

We need to make a lot of reports and this solution allows us to do this easily.

What needs improvement?

It's hard to say if there are any features missing from the solution, as it already offers more than the others. In my experience, I would say it would be better if it could have a better user experience. It's a bit laggy and it's not immediately responsive. It would be great if they could improve a bit on the performance. Sometimes it takes a little while to upload items. You can have a lot of bugs.

monday.com has a feature called notifications. Every time somebody updates one tag, your foreign tag appears as a notification. I wrote to them about having those notifications as a dashboard, so you are not having to go to the notifications center to look at all of the notifications.

Their dark mode is blue. It sometimes feels a little bit overwhelming with so much color in it, however, the light one is super bright. If I could pick one other thing to fix, I would tell them to adjust their dark mode to a bit of gray and not make it so blue.

I've been using the solution for about eight months to one year. It hasn't been too long. We use the solution every day at this point.

The stability has been good. We haven't really had any issues in that respect.

We haven't really tried to scale anything. Right now, we just have eight users on the product. We haven't really had the possibility of scaling in mind just yet. We're a small department.

In terms of technical support, I would rate them at eight out of ten. They are good for the most part. However, sometimes they don't address your issues with the ticket. It feels like it's more general in terms of the assistance you get. They respond fast enough. They just need to personalize their answers a bit more and make sure their answers actually address the issues being presented.

We just started using the product. We haven't used it before that, however, we have used other kinds of software before. This one was more complete and ready which is why we implemented it.

The product is very easy to set up. The solution is right on their website and therefore you don't have to install anything. In terms of deploying it, they said it would be like no more than one hour, however, after signing up, we spent one week designing how we were going to use it. It was like more of the designing process that took us a bit longer than expected.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with monday.com.

I believe we are using the enterprise version of the solution. It may be one or two levels above the standard solution.

The best advice I can give to others considering the solution is to really think about the structure early on. The solution really has a lot of tools and it's really easy to implement it. That said, you can end up having many ways to organize your projects. Therefore, the best advice is to have a real plan and structure before you're starting using it, otherwise, you may end up all over the place.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten. If it didn't have dashboard limitations, I would give it a perfect mark.

SL
Senior Accountant at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
Great for managing small projects, but communication can be difficult

• "The value is that monday.com provides us with an overall picture of how much work a teammate has."
  • "Sometimes allocating between team members via the communication tool can be difficult."

What is our primary use case?

monday.com is a project management tool.

Within our organization, there are 20 to 25 employees using this solution.

In our firm, different people have different roles, and sometimes we need to communicate. Some people are remote workers — some people are probably in Toronto, and other team members are in Vancouver. We use this tool to communicate. Our boss can follow a project and see how far along it is. He can talk to specific people if something is not going very well.

We don't have to deal with maintenance as monday.com is on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The value is that monday.com provides us with an overall picture of how much work a teammate has, and for each team member, how they're doing. I don't think it's an excellent tool to monitor how the team members are progressing, but it's a tool that can be used.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes allocating between team members via the communication tool can be difficult. If one team member is responsible for two or three things at the same time, from the dashboard, the boss can only see one. This could be related to a configuration issue, I am not sure. We tried to solve it, but we haven't succeeded. Whenever one person is in charge of two jobs at the same time for the same project, our boss has to ask again, and again.

I have been using monday.com for two years.

I think it's quite stable. It has only crashed one or two times — that's it.

Scalability-wise, I think it's good. Every time our team is all on monday.com, I don't see any kind of problems with the server being overloaded or anything like that. It's been working very well over the past two years.

I think the technical support is okay. I've only had to talk to them once because my account froze. I contacted them and it was solved very quickly.

We used the trial version — probably just for two weeks. My boss didn't like it so we switched to the premium version of monday.com.

I was not involved in the initial setup. I am just an everyday user.

I wasn't involved with the licensing, but I believe it's negotiable.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a tool to manage simple projects, then this is a tool that can be used. Still, don't expect too much from the tool. I think the communication part is the most important part.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give monday.com a rating of seven.

Learn what your peers think about monday.com. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CW
VP at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Granular, with great task management, but it clutters your inbox

• "It allows you to be granular, and send each step."
  • "What would be nice is if I had two days between deadlines and adjusted the day if it would automatically adjust the deadlines, even if I had to change one or two that might no longer work, it would save a lot of steps."

What is our primary use case?

We have a wide range of services that we provide from the reports that we write, Podcasts that we do, and webinars.

We categorize each deliverable by categories, such as a research report or an infographic, or a video, or a podcast. We create a series of steps or deliverables, and we assign people to tasks within each project.

What is most valuable?

It's very granular. The good thing is that we had a lot of steps in the budget process, and in the development process. It allows you to be granular, and send each step.

They just did a reorganization of the solution. Before if you had one topic, you had to put everything you do under that topic, or under that umbrella. Now you can break things up by task. For instance, we were doing research summaries or infographics. Before, they were combined under one umbrella, and now, if you want to look them up individually, you can do that. It has been better since then.

What needs improvement?

It's not that great. It clutters your mailbox. Every time something becomes due and every time you have something due, you get an email. If you are working on several projects, you could get several reminders. For example, just today I was inundated with 15 emails reminding me, of different projects.

It's not necessarily things that are due right that minute, or you're not otherwise aware of.

While it keeps you organized, and you always have a place to look at, you can be overwhelmed. There is no way to disconnect yourself. It just appears automatically. If you have subscribed to something, you will be inundated with messages.

It's still fairly manual. If for example, I wanted to make a change such as a date, there are 10 steps to process, and if I change one, they all have to change but there is no way of doing that automatically.

We have to go and individually update each one. What would be nice is if I had two days between deadlines and adjusted the day if it would automatically adjust the deadlines, even if I had to change one or two that might no longer work, it would save a lot of steps. But, for example, there are at least 20 steps involved in producing a research summary for our research firm. If I change one step at one deadline at the start, I have to go through 19 steps and change the date manually for each one.

I have been working with monday.com for a little over a year.

We just updated to the latest version.

We are a fairly small firm and we use several different programs for project management, communication, and conferencing.

The price is reasonable for the number of users we have.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate monday.com a seven out of ten.

AC
Director Of Information Technology at a media company with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to set up, and scales well

• "The global search is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "The user admin module could be more accessible."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for project management.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has provided our organization with improved efficiency.

What is most valuable?

The global search is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The product is very scalable.

The solution is stable. The performance is great.

Technical support has been helpful.

The solution is very flexible.

The pricing is excellent. They make it very affordable.

What needs improvement?

The user administration needs to be improved. The user admin module could be more accessible.

We've been using the solution for two years. It's been a while.

We've had a positive experience with the stability. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability has been excellent. If we want to expand it, we can do so. It's easy.

We're up to 75 users and they include project managers, a project stakeholder team, and project team members.

We use the product extensively. However, I'm not sure if we plan to increase usage, as I'm not sure if we plan to increase users.

The technical support is excellent. They are helpful and responsive. We're very satisfied with the help they provide to us.

We moved right into Monday. It's my understanding that we didn't previously use another solution.

The initial setup isn't overly complex or difficult. It's very straightforward and quite simple.

The entire setup only takes a few hours. Deployment is fast.

The product doesn't require a lot of maintenance. It takes less than one person to manage it.

We handled the solution completely in-house. We didn't need to hire an integrator or consultant to assist us.

The solution is quite inexpensive. For example, we pay $8,500 for 75 users. It's somewhere around $100 a user, approximately.

There aren't any extras that you need to pay for.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Monday.com.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

While it is deployed on the cloud, I'm not sure which cloud service we are using.

I'd advise those considering the solution to first run a pilot project first to try it out and get to know it.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

DD
Director of Collaborative Delivery at a engineering company with 51-200 employees
Feature-rich, adapts well to different product environments, scales well, and is stable

• "monday.com is easy to set up."
  • "They could offer more packages. There seems to be a gap in price between package offers. One has as much as a $30 difference."

What is our primary use case?

We work in construction for an architectural firm. We do the design, and construction in an agile management system.

What is most valuable?

monday.com is easy to set up.

It is more user-friendly than others and it adapts well to different project delivery environments.

It really offers us all the tools that we need to cover the design and construction bases.

I have been working with monday.com for a month, but I also worked with it two years ago, for six or seven months for a specific project.

monday.com appears to be stable. To date, we have not had any issues.

monday.com is a scalable product.

I have not contacted technical support. I have reached out to the marketing team and researched on Youtube. I am really impressed.

I have worked with Asana, and have tested it on pretrials.

I have been working with Asana for three weeks. It was a bit more difficult for me to set up.

When I was trying to set it up, it was a bit more complicated, the screens were not as nice as the screens on Monday, and they are not as adaptable on monday.com. I put it aside.

In terms of pricing, Asana was the most expensive product of all.

Their free trial version doesn't give you many options, it does give you options, but not enough. There are just enough to get you interested. Once you decide on the options that you need, the price goes up quickly.

The initial setup was very easy.

I viewed some tutorials on YouTube and the tutorials were very easy to find and well done.

I am recommending it to my owners because it was really easy to setup.

In terms of pricing, it is not the cheapest.

Fees are paid monthly per user.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate monday.com a nine out of ten.

SB
COO at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly and easy to set up but has issues surrounding automation capabilities

• "The initial setup is very easy."
  • "Some of the automation is having some technical difficulties."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is generally used for tasks such as if you need business functions such as marketing, CRM, et cetera, that can be tracked. We use it with the Jira technical team.

What is most valuable?

The solution is extremely user-friendly.

The initial setup is very easy.

You do not have to be overly technical in order to use or set up the solution.

The stability is very good.

What needs improvement?

Some of the automation is having some technical difficulties. They need to improve on that a bit.

The stability of the solution is good. there are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We aren't scaling it too much right now. We're still in the initial stages in terms of using it. We may try to scale in the future. I'm not sure, however, if that will happen.

We have about 50 to 100 users on the solution currently.

I haven't really dealt with technical support, however, it's my understanding that my colleagues have.

We also use Jira, which is better for more technical tasks. However, monday.com is very good for more of the business side of things.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. It's definitely not an overly technical process.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten. For business processes, it's pretty good, however, for more technical tasks, it's not there yet.

I'd recommend the product to those looking to organize business processes, however, for more technical teams, I would advise that they go with Jira.

PP
User at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A scalable and stable solution which provides good security and ease-of-use

• "The solution can be customized for individual projects and quite easy to use."
  • "In my initial exposure to the interface, I did not find it to be very user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I do not know which version we are currently using. I do not enquire about such information, as I am just the end-user.

We use the solution to deliver all the tasks in the marketing team, of which I am a member, and we can monitor those that we we must finish within a week. We also do CRM tasks there. We use it to input the customers' database, so that we may have summary information on them, such as their status or who has just been on-boarded.

What needs improvement?

I have been using monday.com for a couple of months.

The solution is stable.

The solution can be customized for individual projects and quite easy to use.

It is scalable, although this will vary with the cost.

I do not have experience with technical support.

The installation process is fine. One just need follow the process. There is no need to install an app.

What other advice do I have?

I consider the security to be good at the moment.

The last time that we conducted a survey of the 90 people in our organization, it came out that more than 60 percent of them were making use of the solution.

I would recommend the solution to other users. It is sufficiently good. Summary instructions are enough for a new person to use it with ease.

I rate monday.com as a seven or eight out of ten.