Morpheus OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Morpheus?

Morpheus is a 100% agnostic cloud management platform (CMP) designed from the ground up to unify management of multi-cloud and hybrid IT while empowering DevOps teams with self-service provisioning of bare metal, VM, and container-based application services.

Morpheus was previously known as Morpheus Cloud Management Platform, Morpheus CMP.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Morpheus Customers
Morpheus CMP, mcdonalds, blackrock, HSBC, astrazeneca, arris, WGU, GBG, pennstate, beyondtrust
Morpheus Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Morpheus pricing:
  • "Licensing is on an annual basis, and it is upfront for the year. There is no extra cost unless you want additional support or specific deployment packs."

Morpheus Reviews

AndrewGreen
Chief Nerd Herder at Software Evolution Africa Limited
Reseller
An extremely stable solution with multi-cloud and DevOps integrations, one-command installation, and extremely good support

• "The multi-cloud integrations and the DevOps and operational integrations are the most valuable. Morpheus platform is a centralized set to manage different clouds and your on-premise platforms. It does a very good job of what it is designed to do. It is very good in terms of features. It is extremely stable and easy to install. It is also very scalable. Their support is also extremely good."
  • "Morpheus is working hard on creating an integration framework due for release in Q2 2021 which will allow clients to create their own interfaces and integrations into any 3rd party product that has a full-function API. Morpheus is also heavily focussed on enhancing the container management side to compete head-to-head with Openshift and CloudForms in Q3 2021."

What is our primary use case?

Morpheus is a powerful self-service engine to provide enterprise agility, control, and efficiency. Quickly enable on-prem private clouds, centralize public cloud access, and orchestrate change with cost analytics, governance policy, and automation. Create private clouds, manage public clouds, and consolidate Kubernetes deployment. Provision applications from an on-demand catalog, API/CLI, ITSM, or infrastructure-as-code. Simplify authentication, set policies, and manage security posture.

How has it helped my organization?

Has enabled us to manage our on-premises VMWare infrastructure, and our destination public cloud infrastructure of AWS, Azure, GCP, and Huawei. We have been able to use the Morpheus platform to migrate services from on-premises into the public clouds, but making sure the necessary guardrails are in place to ensure we do not waste any money. Morpheus has also enabled us to start doing DevOps end-to-end in our organisation, and manage the day-2 operations on our public cloud infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The hybrid multi-cloud integrations enabling DevOps and operational integrations are the most valuable. Morpheus platform is a centralized set to manage different clouds and your on-premise platforms. It does a very good job of what it is designed to do. It is very good in terms of features.

What needs improvement?

An integration framework is being released shortly which will allow for Morpheus customers to create their own integrations into any 3rd party product that has a full function API. This includes (but not limited to) additional cloud integrations, operational tools, and even development / DevOps tools that might be required.

https://seal.africa have been distributing Morpheus into Africa for over a year.

It is extremely stable, and built with full HA capabilities across any platform or clouds.

It is a highly scalable product where we got a clients ranging from 50 workloads right up to 300,000 workloads on a single platform. It is designed for large organizations that generally have got AWS, Google, and Azure and an on-premise environment, which causes these companies to have multiple operational teams for each one of those platforms.

In Africa, there are probably about 80 organisations using this solution across enterprises and Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and in Europe and America, there are probably 200 organisations.

Their technical support is extremely good. I am satisfied with their support.

We had investigated all the competitor products such as CloudBolt, SNOW Enbotics, and Rightscale Flexera, however none of these product had a full feature set as Morpheus does. Each of the competitor products has their own value proposition, however are more focussed on their key competencies rather than a broad set of features.

Its installation is straightforward. It is just one command. The whole thing is orchestrated. Its installation takes about 40 minutes.

It has a single-command deployment. In terms of management, clients can manage it on their own, or they can outsource the management to people like myself. The platform has a full featured API and CLI providing powerful management capabilities.

Generally the ROI is under 12 months!

Licensing is on an annual basis, and it is upfront for the year. There is no extra cost unless you want additional support or specific deployment packs.

Yes, we evaluated: CloudBolt, Hypergrid, Jamcracker, CloudHealth, Scalr, SNOW Embotics, Rightscale Flexera, ServiceNow, MicroFocus, CloudCheckr, CoreStack, VMWare vRA, VMWare vCloud Director.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate Morpheus a ten out of ten and revolutionary in this space.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)