Mozy Pro [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Mozy Pro [EOL]?
MozyPro lets you schedule backups to run daily, weekly, or monthly. Our award-winning cloud backup service offers automatic backup protection with the option to schedule your backups continuously throughout the day. MozyPro delivers affordable backup that saves you time and money so you can focus on other important things, like growing your business.

Mozy Pro [EOL] is also known as EMC Mozy Pro.

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Mozy Pro [EOL] Customers
St. Johns River Water Management District
Mozy Pro [EOL] Video

Archived Mozy Pro [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user320190
IT Specialist at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Data restoration is the most valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

The data restoration feature is the most valuable because the end user requires minimum support to recover lost data.

How has it helped my organization?

Using the mobile client app has decreased the usage of portable storage devices for data transfer.

What needs improvement?

If I access my documents from the mobile app, I am also able to share these documents with accounts in other apps such as email, WhatsApp, Dropbox, google drive, etc. What I'd like is to be able to share a document or folder with other Mozy accounts (users), with limits of either under the same admin domains or even with other domains.

I have been using EMC Mozy Pro for three years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

I have not been required to use support so far.

I have used a couple of other applications that use tapes and tape drives. These require daily or weekly physical change of tapes, which takes time. There is s large room for errors, such as inserting a wrong or faulty device, forgetting, etc.

It is easy to set up for manual client configurations. Automated client deployment was not straightforward and never worked for me.

The pricing is fair for the PCs, but very expensive for the servers.

We evaluated Druva. This is more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

If you can afford it, then you must take it.

it_user320190
IT Specialist at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Users can monitor their own backup process, but file sharing between users needs improvement.

What is most valuable?

Access to data restoration, can also be done by the user once access is given.

How has it helped my organization?

Users can monitor their own backup process Less budget is now allocated for backup solutions No hardware inventory

What needs improvement?

File sharing between users.

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: The sales support is too poor and there is no point of contact, local representatives are not in…

What is most valuable?

Access to data restoration, can also be done by the user once access is given.

How has it helped my organization?

• Users can monitor their own backup process
  • Less budget is now allocated for backup solutions
  • No hardware inventory

What needs improvement?

File sharing between users.

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

The sales support is too poor and there is no point of contact, local representatives are not in positions to assist or even provide a proposal.

There is luck with the local support, though I have not had any major issue with the system.

I was using Symantec Backup Exec, and we switched because Mozy is easier to use, and the cost is less.

Straightforward, as its just to create an account for each user and install a client application on each desktop and server.

We did it in-house.

Symantec Backup Exec

What other advice do I have?

If it's within your budget, please take it on.

Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Veeam Software, Acronis and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Projects Solutions Specialist at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
It would be great if the data was AD integrated but I like the graphical representations of data space.

What is most valuable?

The ability to kick start the service live on the users machine. I also like the graphical representations of data space.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a true representation of the laptop estate and therefore handy to cross reference Mozy data with AD and SCCM.

What needs improvement?

The naming of the machine email address and the machine, it would be great if the data was AD integrated.

2 years.

Additional deployment syntax switches which were not readily available until talking to Mozy support.

Only due to users switching their machines off and disconnecting for presentations. The database would become corrupt.

You get what you pay for. More money more diskspace and licenses.

Reasonable. Although sometimes the point was lost in translation.

The support staff were directed to give support on specifics and to stick to the support plan. Anything out of the ordinary would be a challenge.

Never switched. Used robocopy and scripts at logon in other business solution situations.

It was simple, just a case of planning as most IT solutions are required to pass the ITIL test.

In-house implementation.

There is no figure that can be plucked from mid-air. It is a case of peace of mind when laptop data is under scrutiny.

Roughly 40k per year admin costs including the analyst.

Microsoft solutions, USB external drives, dedicated site F&P servers.

What other advice do I have?

Test it for a while first. Do not give it to the CIO or CEO until you are happy with the support requirements and knowledge of the product.

VP of Product at a legal firm with 51-200 employees
Gets the job done

Valuable Features:

Central management console. The mac backup client has improved quite a bit in the past couple years. Initially in 2010 it was very bad and would often lose your entire backup forcing the user to start again. I've had good experience with the Mac backup client running silently and keeping files backed up. We've restored from a backup and it's nice to have the ability to restore specific revisions of a particular file.

Room for Improvement:

Users are allocated a specific amount of backup space, but there's no way to set that to auto increase - the backups just stop until it's taken care of. The invite process has not been easy for users. If the IT admin sets it up this seems to go fairly well, but there are many ways to screw it up. The selection of directories and files to back up can't be managed centrally, it has to be set on each user's computer.

Other Advice:

Generally pretty good backup service but remote management options of the clients are very limited. The slowness of the initial backup to the cloud can be an issue for some. It would take a lot of CPU and take a long time to move the files. This was a big problem for my CEO who is very impatient. When first implementing this to our remote workforce it was difficult to get the users to actually install the service.
it_user6081
Tech Support Staff with 1,001-5,000 employees
The 2 things I learned about Mozy
Mozy I used to think is only for personal online backup. But, two things I learnt today. 1) Mozy is by EMC 2) It also has enterprise-grade online backup solutions. Amazing products.