MSP360 Backup OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MSP360 Backup is the #12 ranked solution in our list of top Disaster Recovery Software. It is most often compared to Veeam Backup & Replication: MSP360 Backup vs Veeam Backup & Replication

What is MSP360 Backup?

MSP360™ Managed Backup Service (MBS) is a data backup solution for managed service providers and IT departments who require centralized job management, monitoring, reporting, and licensing control. It allows you to leverage AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, B2, Wasabi cloud storage to drive more revenue, more margins and make your customers happy.

MSP360™ offers all of the features you would expect in backup software, including, image-level backup, file-based backup and even support for Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange.

MSP360 Backup is also known as Cloudberry Backup.

MSP360 Backup Buyer's Guide

Download the MSP360 Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

MSP360 Backup Customers

StratX

MSP360 Backup Video

Archived MSP360 Backup Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user853107
Director at CyberSec Europe
User
Provides connectivity to a lot of different cloud storage solutions

• "Provides connectivity to a lot of different cloud storage solutions."
  • "It has allowed me to implement a cost effective, highly configurable solution."
  • "Maybe implement an easier interface for basic users. For example, a set-up wizard with all the commonly used features as default."

What is our primary use case?

It will be used for backing up workstations and as a server to the cloud.

The primary use is for disaster recovery, but it will also be used for recovering deleted files, hard drive corruption, or stolen devices.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed me to implement a cost effective, highly configurable solution. It provides a good cost savings compared to our previous cloud backup.

What is most valuable?

• Connectivity to a lot of different cloud storage solutions
  • Highly configurable
  • Email notifications
  • Scheduling options

Trial/evaluations only.

No issues.

No issues.

Not applicable.

We previously used CrashPlan Pro.

It was very easy to set up. The initial setup is straightforward, although it could be confusing for basic users.

It was implemented in-house.

We have a very good return on investment.

Pricing is reasonable, although can be quite a large upfront cost.

I had a brief look at other options (GoodSync and Duplicati), but Cloudberry was cheaper and Duplicati was not reliable.

What other advice do I have?

It is early in my usage, as I have only been using it for a couple of weeks.

Consultant at a transportation company

• "General ease of use and performance of the Windows version is the most valuable feature."
  • "The Linux GUI leaves a lot to be desired. It lacks many of the features of the Windows version and is buggy, but it is still usable."

What is our primary use case?

Backup of several computer on a LAN consisting of a mix of Windows 10 and Linux to replace CrashPlan, which is leaving the personal market. Cloudberry Backup meets this basic requirement.

How has it helped my organization?

Cloudberry Backup is a replacement for CrashPlan, which is leaving the personal market. I needed a easy to implement backup solution for Windows and Linux. So far, Cloudberry meets my general expectations and may turn out to be an improvement over CrashPlan.

What is most valuable?

General ease of use and performance of the Windows version. In this regard, Cloudberry Backup is a significant improvement over CrashPlan, which was my previous backup solution.

More than five years.
Learn what your peers think about MSP360 Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Owner

• "Client-side encryption minimizes worries about data being captured on the back-end."
  • "Block level transfers have significantly reduced the amount of time for transfers over some other solutions"
  • "The interface feels like it is targeted for end users who typically are looking for an all-in-one integrated push button solution. It would be better if the interface had a beginner mode and an expert mode."

What is our primary use case?

Cloudberry was chosen because it supports many back-end providers, peer-to-peer storage, client-side encryption, block level backup, and compression. The per client price is reasonable and it is well suited for SOHO and smaller shops.

How has it helped my organization?

This replaces a previous solution which is dropping support for peer-to-peer backup. With peer-to-peer, we can preseed a remote peer in the same city inexpensively as well as perform a fast recovery, if needed.

What is most valuable?

• Supports peer-to-peer backup using Minio, which has allowed us to easily pre-seed and maintain an off-site backup within driving distance, making tactical recovery of accidental file deletions easy.
  • Supports a wide variety of back-end data storage providers. We use one of the big players for strategic backup in the event of a major infrastructure failure.
  • Client-side encryption minimizes worries about data being captured on the back-end.
  • Block level transfers have significantly reduced the amount of time for transfers over some other solutions.

What needs improvement?

The interface could use some updating. The product functionality is beyond the scope of understanding for most people without an IT background. However, the interface feels like it is targeted for end users who typically are looking for an all-in-one integrated push button solution. It would be better if the interface had a beginner mode and an expert mode.

For example, when editing an existing backup set, one has to go through a wizard-like interface with many screens even if you are only changing one thing.  The user is forced to keep clicking Next>Next>Next>Next>Next>Next> until you are finally able to save your changes. Experienced people would rather have all the information on a screen or two and be able to quickly get to the area they need to modify.

Less than one year.

No issues so far. Although, we are just starting with it.

Our needs are small, so I can't say how well it will scale. There is a managed backup solution for larger installations, but I have not used it. I understand it enables remote management and monitoring, however it requires a connection to a Cloudberry server so it may not be possible to keep everything in-house. Watching the video on the Cloudberry website, it does not appear to be enterprise level, but more research would be needed.

I have only had one question that I emailed support. My question was addressed in less than 24 hours, even going back and forth a couple times.

I previously used CrashPlan, but dropped it due to Code42 discontinuing support of peer-to-peer backup and changing their offerings.

Setup was straightforward, since our back-end storage was already established.

If you do not have a storage provider already, this will add time as that will have to also be setup before Cloudberry can be used.

In-house implementation.

This is a good solution for smallish businesses and appears scalable to some extent. Enterprise level companies may find other solutions more appropriate. However, I do know that Cloudberry central management is possible using their managed backup tool.

I took a look at Duplicati and Arq, as well as CrashPlan's future offerings. Duplicati has real promise, but it is not stable enough yet and is a bit too fiddly.