Mule Anypoint Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Mule Anypoint Platform is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Business-to-Business Middleware tools. It is most often compared to TIBCO BusinessWorks: Mule Anypoint Platform vs TIBCO BusinessWorks

What is Mule Anypoint Platform?

With connectivity, composability, and control, Anypoint Platform solves the most challenging connectivity problems across SOA, SaaS, and APIs. It's a unified, highly productive, hybrid integration platform that creates an application network of apps, data and devices with API-led connectivity.

Mule Anypoint Platform is also known as Data Integrator.

Mule Anypoint Platform Buyer's Guide

Download the Mule Anypoint Platform Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Mule Anypoint Platform Customers

VMware, Gucci, MasterCard, Target, Time Inc, Hershey's, Tesla, Spotify, Office Depot, Intuit, CBS, Amtrak, Salesforce, Gap, Ralph Lauren

Mule Anypoint Platform Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Mule Anypoint Platform pricing:
  • "The product comes complete at one set price including support."

MichaelSukachev
Enterprise Architect at Teranet, INC.
Constantly improving to help connect applications, data, and devices

What is our primary use case?

Primarily we use the product for our retail platform to build our integrations. That is the main feature of what it does. So, it's an API (Application Programming Interface) and ETL.

• "The monitoring capabilities of this product are very good because of the feedback it supplies in statistics."
  • "The runtime management and connectors could use some work and are vulnerable to breakage after upgrades."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone considering this as a solution is first to get to understand exactly what resources will be needed from an architecture perspective. It is important to know how the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform works, what are the limitations, and the kind of consumption gradient they need. The idea would be to acquire enough resources — not too much that you overspend for nothing and not too low that there are performance or other problems. That was actually one of the good things about MuleSoft when we started to do our discovery or due diligence. In the presale process, a presale engineer…
RT
Senior Technical Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good stability with an easy setup and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for different customers. In a real-time scenario, if you want to connect any system to any system or any application to any application or any message to any message - source to target - you can use this product. Maybe there are different applications and different legacy systems. If you want to connect one system to another system, for example, SAP to Salesforce, you can. If SAP only communicates in certain formats, Salesforce might not understand these formats. However, if I want to pass data from one to the other, I use MuleSoft as the medium to do it.

• "Customers can make use of Runtime Fabric, an RTF environment."
  • "Pricing is one aspect of the solution that is troublesome. It's too expensive for smaller organizations."

What other advice do I have?

We work with our customers on integrating the solution. We aren't MuleSoft partners, nor are we direct end-users. The solution works across multiple deployment models, including on-premises and hybrid cloud. They also have their own managed cloud, which is the preferred method. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. If a company is interested in implementing the solution, first of all, they need to be clear with the requirements. They need to understand what exactly they were doing in terms of integration and they need to see what the current challenges are that they were facing. It's a…
Learn what your peers think about Mule Anypoint Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JD
Chief Digital Transformation Officer at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
Great API tool kit and pretty stable but is complex to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to connect multiple enterprise applications across multiple clouds.

• "The API toolkit is the solution's most valuable aspect at this time, for our organization."
  • "The terms of use and how it's priced has become very difficult to manage, which is forcing us to look for alternatives already - and we haven't even been using it for that long just yet."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using right now. I'd recommend this solution to others. However, I'd advise that they be careful of the licensing terms. They're so convoluted. There are many hidden costs in the use of the product and you may not realize what it will actually cost until it's too late. Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.
Awais Omer
Software Engineer at Tkxel
Easy platform to work with and scales well vertically

What is our primary use case?

I've been developing Mule applications and have been using Anypoint Studio for development purposes. I have a Mule Anypoint Studio for the certification to test knowledge of the Anypoint Platform in the cloud. I've never been in a live situation for deployment within the cloud. We use Mule for daily activities like for domains like retail, eCommerce and the wholesale department. So most of the daily basic integration, ETL jobs when we have eCommerce, they do it in the USA. There are different time zones. In the Belgian system, you begin getting the insights using or doing analysis on the data… more »

• "This is the easiest and best tool available."
  • "Mule should have better B2B integration."

What other advice do I have?

The pricing is a bit high for clients. As a developer, and my superiors and architects agree, that this is the easiest tool to use. I've worked with two configuration technologies, one was open-source and there is a huge difference with this. This is the easiest and best tool available. Mule should consider lowering the price. The should make improvements for B2B enterprises I would rate it an eight out of ten as it's a very good product.
AM
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy-to-use features, good performance, and easy to scale

• "It is very easy to use for building connectors. It comes with a lot of connectors. For example, it has different adapters for NetSuite, which are very easy to use. It also has Salesforce connectors. The object store feature is also really easy to use. Mule Anypoint Platform is also good in terms of performance and how it is managed behind the scenes."
  • "It has different types of subscriptions. For platinum or lower subscriptions, there are not too many things that can be done. We don't see many features. They should release a basic version that has logging and monitoring features. These features should come with Mule Anypoint Platform for free instead of making customers pay separately for these features. Its dashboard can be improved to have a lot of charts so that it is easy to visualize information. The utilization part can be improved. The dashboard is good currently, but it can be better. Other solutions like Elastic have a good dashboard, and they allow you to administer the product from the UI. Currently, for RTF, there is a different dashboard or utility. It would be good to include the same utility in the cloud solution. It would be good if there is a centralized repository that includes the links to the information about various troubleshooting issues. The documentation is there currently, and it is good, but the troubleshooting information is too scattered. We have to go to different links to find troubleshooting information. This kind of centralized repository would be helpful for new customers who are implementing this solution. It will be helpful to see different kinds of issues that can occur."

What other advice do I have?

We work on all three models, that is, cloud, on-premises, and RTF. Nowadays, people are going for cloud solutions. The cloud model is good if you do not have any compliance issues for storing customer information on the cloud. However, if you have compliance issues, you can go for on-premises deployment. There is also RTF deployment, which is a new and very stable option. People who have used the RTF option found it to be very good. I would recommend this solution. I would rate Mule Anypoint Platform a nine out of ten.
John-Lamb
Owner at Skyward Tech
Lacks good functioning at the process level; good for designing and API-based integrations

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Mule.

• "This is a good platform for designing, flowing out APIs, and then doing API-based integrations."
  • "It doesn't work well when you try using it for the processing layer."

What other advice do I have?

The issue seems to be the way they've positioned the product, advocating the experience layer, process layer and system layer through Mule. As it competes with the likes of webMethods, it rates as an eight out of 10. As an end-to-end solution, however, I would rate it a five at best.
Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Great API management feature and highly scalable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for our supply chain network and integrations. I'm an integration architect and we are users of Mule Anypoint.

• "API management."
  • "Lacks intelligent management data and intelligent mappings."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
AG
Director of Innovation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good technical support with good stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the interconnection of applications in our microservices architecture.

• "We are very satisfied with the DevOps support."
  • "The solution is very expensive. They need to work on the pricing."

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been very happy with the product's capabilities so far.
See 3 more Mule Anypoint Platform Reviews
Download our free Mule Anypoint Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.