Nagios Core Reviews

industry
rating
Strategic Staffing Solutions at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 04 2018

What is most valuable?

* GUI interface * Notification capabilities * Real-time reporting

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are that it's free and it allows us to monitor all of our production. So it gives us a comfort level of knowing that if there is a problem that pops up, we get notified.

What needs improvement?

In terms of any further features, that would bump us into their paid product. For what we get and what we use, and all the libraries that are available, it's pretty robust. However, for the version we're using, making it a little easier to... more»
Senior Systems Architect at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Jul 02 2018

What is most valuable?

* Historical Alert records/data * Plugins * Data sources. We outgrew the old PNP4Nagios a few weeks back.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made the life of the network operations staff more proactive in managing the resources of the infrastructure. It prevents disasters long before they can take place.

What needs improvement?

The GUI of the Core is still a long way off, but the features are 100 percent above average. It would be great to see better UI themes which could be configured by Netadmin or instructions that help combine graphs and Nagios.
Find out what your peers are saying about Nagios, Centreon, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software.
288,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network and System Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 31 2016

What do you think of Nagios Core?

Valuable Features: The poller is really good, I can easily implement new stuff and it is scalable. • Improvements to My Organization: Monitoring is the most important thing to avoid any production issue. It's important to get some alerts on the server and network devices. It's the day-to-day management to avoid any production issues. • Use of Solution: I have used Nagios with the Adagios interface for two years. • Deployment Issues: I have not yet encountered any issues with deployment, stability or scalability. • Previous Solutions: I used Centreon/Nagios for eight years before I chose Nagios with the Adagios interface to simplify day-to-day configuration. • Implementation Team: Implementation requires knowledge on the production. • Cost and Licensing...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Nagios Core

288,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Nagios Core Questions

Nagios Core Projects By Members

Nagios Core Consultants

What is Nagios Core?

This is IT infrastructure monitoring's industry-standard, open-source core. Free without professional support services.

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Network Monitoring Software solution is right for you?

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nagios, Centreon, Zabbix, and more!