Nagios Network Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nagios Network Analyzer is #13 ranked solution in Network Traffic Analysis tools. IT Central Station users give Nagios Network Analyzer an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nagios Network Analyzer is most commonly compared to Darktrace:Nagios Network Analyzer vs Darktrace. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is Nagios Network Analyzer?

Nagios Enterprises delivers official products, services, and solutions for and around Nagios – the industry standard in enterprise-grade IT infrastructure monitoring. With millions of users worldwide, Nagios is the undisputed champion in the IT monitoring space. Our team of dedicated professionals works to ensure total customer satisfaction with all the services we provide. Our extensive network of partners helps extend Nagios services and solutions to new organizations and markets worldwide to meet a variety of business needs. Nagios Enterprises was founded in 2007 by Ethan Galstad. Ethan created what would later become known as Nagios in 1999, and currently serves as the President of Nagios Enterprises.

Download the Network Traffic Analysis (NTA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Nagios Network Analyzer Customers
NuBlue, St.Elisabeth Hospital, Akamit Systems, National Radio Astronomy Observatory, ValueClick, Sunrise Banks
Nagios Network Analyzer Video

Nagios Network Analyzer Reviews

Syarul Idzuddin Adzmi
Operation Director at Digital Pulse Sdn Bhd
Easy to set up, integrates well with other solutions, and is largely quite stable

• "The initial setup is easy."
  • "There are some loopholes you need to be aware of from a security perspective."

What is most valuable?

Our customers like this product due to the fact that it's quite simple and it can be integrated with other solutions that complement and complete each other. Basically, the way I studied Nagios Analyzer was, after I implemented Nagios, the customer could access the features by implementing the other Nagios products.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution is mostly stable.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be better. Right now, what can be extracted is pretty standard, however, some clients want to dig deeper, and, in order to get more detailed information, we need to figure out our own reporting protocols. We have to manually pull many items instead of having the capabilities to just customize a report that fits our needs.

There are some loopholes you need to be aware of from a security perspective.

I've been using the solution for about two to three years at this point. It's been a while.

If you're asking me whether this Nagios product has very good security features inside there are some loopholes. However, due to the fact that we are experienced and we deal with Nagios products often we try our best just to minimize the security issues. We are aware of the downsides of the Nagios product. After all, the product was originally developed from this open-source code.

The way while we selling it, we work to improve strength and we combine it with other products suggest items, and configure it in such a way as to minimize any loopholes.

Our product was installed on-premises; we have yet to install anything on the cloud. It is on-prem which makes it so that the architecture we have is already isolated for the data center. In this way, we can further minimize risk from a security perspective.

In the end, the level of stability you get very much depends on how you set it up.

The initial setup is not difficult or complex. It's very simple and quite straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with handling an implementation.

As Nagios partners, we can handle initial setups for clients.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Nagios partner. We tend to deal with many different Nagios products.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been quite satisfied with its capabilities.

Mario Domeniconi
CEO at Netability Singapore Pte Ltd
Reseller
A customizable application that integrates well with other Nagios products

• "It is highly customizable and can be integrated well with third-party software."
  • "The graphics and reports can be a little bit better."

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and well sell several Nagios products, including Network Analyzer.

It is used for collecting data from the flow of network traffic.

What is most valuable?

It is highly customizable and can be integrated well with third-party software. Because there is no perfect solution for everything that you want to monitor, you have to do some customization.

What needs improvement?

The graphics and reports can be a little bit better. You can retrieve all of the data but it could be presented more nicely.

We have been working with the Nagios network Analyzer for five years.

This is a stable product.

This product is not really scalable, but there is the integration with Nagios XI. You can have multiple Network Analyzers reporting to Nagios XI on the traffic flow and performance. In this context, it is more of an accessory for a Nagios XI solution.

The technical support is quite good.

The initial setup and deployment are very fast. A good technician can have everything up and running with a couple of devices within an hour.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend. If you only need a Network Analyzer without any other monitoring features or tools then you can buy it alone. You don't need to buy a suite of products to get the Analyzer and it can act as a standalone solution.

Overall, for us, this product works fine. There are some limitations but there cannot be a perfect product.