Nagios XI Overview

Nagios XI is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Server Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Zabbix: Nagios XI vs Zabbix

What is Nagios XI?

Nagios XI provides monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components including applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, systems metrics, and network infrastructure. Hundreds of third-party addons provide for monitoring of virtually all in-house and external applications, services, and systems.

Nagios XI Buyer's Guide

Download the Nagios XI Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Nagios XI Customers

Nagios has over one million users globally, including AOL, DHL, McAfee, MCI, MTV, Yahoo!, Universal, Toshiba, Sony, Siemens, and JPMorgan Chase.

Nagios XI Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nagios XI pricing:
  • "Nagios Core does not have any payment, but Nagios XI requires payment for the license."

AS
IT-OSS Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Powerful monitoring that is easy to use and install

What is our primary use case?

I use Nagios to monitor LTE modems. We have more than 24,000 modems on a single instance of Nagios. We also use this software to monitor several KPIs regarding to CPE devices, and items in our IT department infrastructure when we started eight years ago.

• "Nagios is stable and it's easy to use the monitoring software, which is why we chose this product."
  • "The installation and monitoring need improvement."

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who is interested in using this solution, I would recommend it. This monitoring software is easy to use and is very powerful. This monitoring system has a powerful engine. I have many devices being monitored by a single instance, and it can show that this software works well. I would rate Nagios XI an eight out of ten.
AS
IT-OSS Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
We can use it to expose custom APIs for our integration, which is a great feature.

What is our primary use case?

Nagios is our cloud-based monitoring system. We need to deploy it and integrate with our CRM, customer portal and the ticketing system as an end to end customer support platform. We use it for monitoring and gathering data from our customer service equipment.

• "Nagios is a custom API manager, and we can expose custom APIs for our integration. This is a great feature."
  • "We often need to develop custom plugins to get Nagios to work the way we want it to work because the features we need are not always available in Nagios."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's so powerful with no limitation, especially when using the XI version. I would rate Nagios 8 out of 10. Overall, I find it to be a very good solution.
Learn what your peers think about Nagios XI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AM
R&D Support & Monitoring, IT Production at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Enables us to monitor servers but the visibility needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to monitor servers and services.

• "The features I've found the most useful are the plug-ins, the fact that you can connect almost everything to it. That's very useful."
  • "There's room for improvement in the visibility, and in the ability to extract information. Stuff like this should be more simple."

What other advice do I have?

In regards to the interface, obviously it can always get even better but at the moment it's functional. It's a good tool. It's very easy to use, very straightforward, and I would recommend it. I would rate this solution a seven out of 10. I like it but of course, it could be better. The product detail should look better, and again, being able to find information on the search is not good enough. I think to change that would improve it very much.