Neotys NeoLoad Overview

Neotys NeoLoad is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional: Neotys NeoLoad vs Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional

What is Neotys NeoLoad?

The NeoLoad load and performance testing tool for web and mobile apps realistically simulates user activity and monitors infrastructure behavior to eliminate bottlenecks. It covers all performance testing from component and automated tests to system-wide hybrid-cloud load tests.

Neotys NeoLoad is also known as NeoLoad.

Neotys NeoLoad Buyer's Guide

Download the Neotys NeoLoad Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Neotys NeoLoad Customers

Dell, H&R Block, Best Buy, Orange, Verizon Wireless, ING, Mazda, Siemens, University of Oxford

Neotys NeoLoad Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user380010
Senior Load Test Engineer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 24, 2017
several key features: Jenkins integration, infrastructure monitoring, and results analysis.

• "There are several key features, including Jenkins integration, infrastructure monitoring, and results analysis."
  • "It needs improvements in the UI. It's currently not as friendly as it should be."

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend understanding load testing concepts before using any automation tool.
Mukesh Dhingra
Assosiate Project Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 11, 2017
Less manual scripting and ease of setting up monitoring are valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

More protocols can be added, and I would love to see if any profiler is included in it.
Find out what your peers are saying about Neotys, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: December 2020.
454,950 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cengizhan Gunaydin
Senior Software Testing Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
May 10, 2017
Correlation of dynamic data is the most important advantage of this tool.

• "In my opinion, correlation of dynamic data is the most important advantage of this tool."
  • "It would be good to make some updates on the reporting side."

What other advice do I have?

The ease of recording scripts and the correlation process, the force-on monitoring, success on the mobile side, and easy integration with code analysis tools are the reasons I have rated this product so high.
it_user523407
Asst Supervisor, QA Automation, Quality Assurance at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 2, 2016
We switched from LoadRunner due to various reasons including cost, ease of use and robust features.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use. Technology support, and robust features.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to use NeoLoad to quickly expand performance testing to all critical business applications and address some key performance issues.

What needs improvement?

Team Server - Neotys Team Server - This currently stores project data on the local drive. I suggest having Neotys Team Server Data stored on an actual server.

Since 2014.

No issues. Simple deployment process.

None.

Customer Service: Excellent. Technical Support: Excellent.

Which solution did

it_user488832
Performance Engineer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 2, 2016
It allowed us to increase the number of applications we support and test.

What other advice do I have?

Identify what kind of testing your company needs (mobile, database, web, and so on) and find out if NeoLoad supports it.
it_user475548
Load Test Engineer at a government with 10,001+ employees
Oct 2, 2016
All-in-one product with load generators deployed globally.
it_user488835
Test Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 2, 2016
Recording a .NET application worked well.

What other advice do I have?

Keep enhancing it and adding new features.
it_user472641
Non Functional Test Manager at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Aug 21, 2016
It enables my team to quickly record and modify test scripts.

What other advice do I have?

The features introduced in the recently released new version of NeoLoad fit really well into the DevOps way of working, further reducing the time for rescripting. This enables rapid delivery and lean ways of working.
it_user467850
Senior Test Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Jun 27, 2016
The standout features are Team Server Collaboration as well as the test results & analysis.

What other advice do I have?

Leverage the free version of performance tools to its maximum capability to evaluate and cross check against the performance testing needs for your business to make an informed decision on buying the tool. The pros outweigh the cons and so NeoLoad is highly recommended over its competitors.
it_user467826
Performance Test Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jun 27, 2016
It provides easy mobile performance testing solution for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product, especially if you are looking into mobile performance testing.
it_user307029
QA Technical Lead at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Jun 27, 2016
It has great reports and provides us with good flexibility. The language used to code scripts was very specific to NeoLoad.

What other advice do I have?

It’s a very powerful tool which meets all our load and performance testing requirements, along with very sophisticated monitoring tools and reports.
it_user465003
Software Engineer at Mitacs Inc.
Jun 27, 2016
Easy for a person without any performance testing experience to use.

What other advice do I have?

If you install it, you can have fun.
it_user464934
Technical Test Specialist, Performance Test Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Jun 27, 2016
Executable binaries made life easier during the implementation. They need to update their online documentation.

What other advice do I have?

You should attend a three day training course to fully understand the functioanlity of NeoLoad. Screenshots:
it_user461346
Performance Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jun 27, 2016
I like the integration with various monitoring tools.
it_user367824
Senior Consultant - Software Development and Integration at Sogeti Group
Jun 10, 2016
We are able to generalize all of the performance testers to the point that any tester can update and execute any script instead of having individual domain experts who may be unavailable or busy.

What other advice do I have?

Take the time to see what NeoLoad can do when scripted from scratch and remember that it takes a bit of time to become an expert with the advanced features. Some complex actions may require written code, but there is very little that is actually impossible to test with NeoLoad. The limit is usually a function of experience with the software.
it_user197508
Performance Test Architect and HP ALM Expert at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 5, 2016
I was able to use this product in the past for simulating mobile performance after recording a script over the LAN. I ran into installation issues when the procedure kept hanging.
it_user157959
Digital Performance Test Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Apr 21, 2016
When it comes to mobile HTTP load testing, this helps to script quicker.​ ​I would like to see reporting improved.

What other advice do I have?

Go ahead and give it a try.
it_user406503
Technology Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Apr 21, 2016
We like the native mobile application testing. I would like to see it support SAP GUI based applications.

What other advice do I have?

Choose this if your portfolio is predominantly web and mobile. You need to reconsider if your portfolio has many SAP GUI-based applications.
Shivashanker Patil
Senior Performance Engineer at Ascend Learning
Apr 21, 2016
With features such as easy correlations and a user-friendly GUI, it helped us to improve the performance of our applications.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool to use if you are not willing to spend lots of money on HP LoadRunner licenses.
it_user371118
Software Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 3, 2016
Easy to implement and you can start using it fairly quickly.

What other advice do I have?

It is very easy to implement and you can start using it fairly quickly.
it_user371331
Chief Technical Officer at PA Department of Human Services
Jan 20, 2016
The real time performance monitoring allowed us to find out the troublesome queries and increase resource efficiency.

What other advice do I have?

NeoLoad is the performance testing solution for Web and Mobile applications that can also be used to run the tests from cloud by having load generator’s from various locations. If there is a strong performance team that can analyze and correlate the test results with the raw data, then NeoLoad would be the right solution.
it_user367815
Enterprise IT at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 12, 2016
Prior to NeoLoad, we needed to simulate heavy volumes. We're now able to generate loads from our side and quickly spin the load tests.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend this tool highly. It's improved our business a lot.
it_user61302
IS QA Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 12, 2016
It's provided a faster turnaround on load-testing creation and the ability to use the team servers so multiple people can use this at once, which we couldn't do before.

What other advice do I have?

Everyone's needs are a little bit different, so make sure you do a good POC.
it_user367827
Web Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Jan 12, 2016
It’s allowed us the ability to look at the performance of an application prior to it going to production utilizing an automated tool.

What other advice do I have?

If you’re coming from a code-based solution, spend time with Actions to become familiar with them. Additionally, if you’re using an APM tool like Dynatrace, test out the integration just to see what it gives you.
it_user356646
Senior Manager Online Performance Engineering at Dell
Dec 16, 2015
It took just a few minutes to set up Neotys Cloud, as opposed to a few days with other solutions. We also want to monitor applications within various environments, which NeoSense will soon allow.

What other advice do I have?

The company really strives on experience, always making sure that I as a customer am happy. For example, my team at Dell had an issue with our new version, which we had just updated to. Another team used a different version which required different protocols, and there were discrepancies between the versions. The company found out that our errors were user errors, and helped us fix the problem. I helped them in terms of product development since we at Dell told them requirements and they added that to product life cycles. So we are a customer, but told them some requirements we'd like to see.
it_user347766
Manager IT Performance Testing at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Dec 14, 2015
I particularly like its ease of use, built in monitoring, and their extensive library of wireless devices and protocols.

What other advice do I have?

They have been very responsive. They have even made an on-site visit. It’s been very good, they have had recent turnover but they are managing the transition well and they have even had a top team member reach out to us.
it_user344052
Vice President of Technology at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 5, 2015
It provides data that provides executive-level comfort during peak periods, driving direction for future performance-oriented projects and goals. However, more community collaboration would be good.

What other advice do I have?

Start with some small, simple scenarios and expand complexity from there. Your project will take shape quickly, and something that seems overwhelming and complex will all of a sudden will not be so hard. Use the online resources and videos.
it_user104961
Penetration and Neoload Tester at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Apr 13, 2014
LoadRunner vs NeoLoad
The six phases of an IT project: Enthusiasm Disillusionment Panic Search for the guilty Punishment of the innocent (the performance tester) Praise and rewards for the incompetent non-participants This article has been put together as part of an evaluation of the performance test tools NeoLoad and LoadRunner. I consulted a variety of sources, including user groups, discussions with colleagues, telephone chats with HP (the vendors of LoadRunner) and Neotys (the vendors of NeoLoad), and of course the Oracle – Google. The opinions in this article are my own and do not represent the views of any particular company, the software vendors or any organisation (and I’ve assumed that readers have some knowledge of web application performance testing). The versions discussed in this article…