NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Overview

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is the #10 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS): NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays vs NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)

What is NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays?

The NetApp EF560 all-flash array is an all-SSD storage system for applications that demand extremely high levels of performance and reliability. Requiring just 2U of rack space, the EF560 all-flash array combines extreme IOPS, microsecond response times, and up to 12GBps of bandwidth with leading, enterprise-proven availability features.

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is also known as NetApp EF540, NetApp EF-Series.

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Buyer's Guide

Download the NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Customers
RP Data, Western Oregon University, Toei Animation
NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays pricing:
  • "The pricing is comparable with other competitors and similar in mid-range solutions, and for high range solutions, it would depend on our requirements or needs."
  • "NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is an expensive product."
  • "This solution is not available to many users because the cost is very expensive."
  • "Adding more capacity will increase the cost."
  • "The pricing of this solution is competitive with other vendors here in Egypt."

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Reviews

Alberto Alberti
Senior System Engineer at ICTeam
Reseller
Jul 1, 2019
Doesn't require much maintenance as it's quite easy to use and very robust as a storage system

What is our primary use case?

Our company used this solution primarily for databases. The customer who currently uses it mainly uses it for the data store. He uses it as a single silo with the storage it offers, so he implements the project and uses what he needs to. The solution is not that flexible that you can change the workload so it depends on what you designed before. So you have to compute for your load or for your use before you do the setup.

• "The NetApp EF-Series gave our organization easy access to our data bases."
  • "This solution has limited storage."

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution a nine out of ten because it has limited storage. Before you take on a project, you must know how much storage you need, but once you focus on the system, it will give you great performance, reliability and ease of use.
CTO5678
CTO
Sep 22, 2019
Easy to set up and performs well, but Technical support is poor for software-related issues

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for banking services. It is one of three of our production systems in which we store all of our customer's data. Thirty percent of our production traffic for our company is stored with this solution. The deployment model used is a private cloud.

• "The main advantage of this solution is performance."
  • "This solution does not have any compression or deduplication."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Paulo-RODRIGUES
Senior Systems Engineer at Indra
Jan 6, 2020
Easy to use solution but lacks federation and segmentation of data

What is our primary use case?

I normally work with customers. I'm a senior consultant so I'm responsible for giving information to customers and I make assessments for them about what technology is the best for them to use.

• "Rapid deployment, easy integration management and cloning of areas."
  • "Their problems are on the software and the controlling of the storage where they lack segmentation and federation."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give NetApp EF-Series All Flash a 5. It's a low rating because as I mentioned, they have to improve their software. NetApp is an array that is made on the software. Their problems are on the software and the controlling of the storage where they lack segmentation and federation. Fragmentation, in particular, is a problem that could be improved for big customers since big data is so important for them.
reviewer1118220
Director at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 9, 2020
Good performance, easy to operate and maintain, with good support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution for databases.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the performance of the database access."
  • "Better integration with other brands is important so we would like to see it easier to integrate."

What other advice do I have?

I will continue to use this solution. I think that the technology is still the latest one. If there is more development storage technology in the future with other venders then I will consider using another solution. Depending on the business needs, there are variables to consider with the expense. It's still worth purchasing as the support is good and also the performance is very good. Some of the engineers are still considering changing to a cheaper solution but they worry that the support and maintenance will not be as good. I would recommend this solution. From my experience, this is still…
ITsotrage677
IT Storage Specialist - Solutions Architect at Sorint.Lab
Jul 18, 2019
Replication process and mirroring features are valuable for safeguarding data

• "The replication and mirroring features are very good."
  • "It was difficult to implement and lacks some additional features that would be useful, but as a solution fits a particular need for our organization."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. It has various small flaws like not being very scalable, difficult installation, lacking good encryption and better cloud support. However, we use it for what it is currently designed to do. From one to ten, I would say it earns a seven for the scalability and a seven for the stability. These things hurt the other things it does well.
MohamedYassin
IT Systems Engineer at Adaptive Solutions
Feb 10, 2020
High availability, easy to deploy, and provides ability to assign performance margins to specific workloads

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as storage for our application server. It is used in the virtualized environment in our data center. It hosts our critical applications such as databases and our critical application workload.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to set a specific margin of performance to a specific workload."
  • "I would like to have the ability to replicate data between All Flash and other NetApp storage systems."

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who has critical workloads like Oracle databases or DB2, NetApp All-Flash Arrays will suit their needs, as long as it fits within their budget. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
reviewer805377
Associate Executive - Technical Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 19, 2020
Good capacity and management software, but it comes at a high price

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our clients. We also use this ourselves. Personally, we use this as a unified SAN solution. Our clients use it for CCTV and media applications. For example, one of our clients uses this to handle video data for game development. Depending on the customer and their requirements, we will configure an all-flash storage solution for them.

• "The management software is very good."
  • "The price of the All Flash solution is very high."

What other advice do I have?

NetApp All Flash is a system that I recommend for a rapid storage solution. It is good for organizations such as banks and media companies. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Infotechengine67
IT Engineer at agiba
Sep 17, 2019
A stable storage solution in our hybrid environment

What is our primary use case?

We depend on this product for our storage needs. We have a private-cloud deployment. We use more than the All-Flash Arrays on site. We have a hybrid model with all types of storage including flash, SATA disks, and SSD.

• "This storage solution is both stable and scalable, and it works for our needs."
  • "We need a center related to NetApp in Egypt so that we can deal with them directly."

What other advice do I have?

This storage solution is both stable and scalable, and it works for our needs. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
See 3 more NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Reviews