NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Overview

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is the #13 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS): NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays vs NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)

What is NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays?

The NetApp EF560 all-flash array is an all-SSD storage system for applications that demand extremely high levels of performance and reliability. Requiring just 2U of rack space, the EF560 all-flash array combines extreme IOPS, microsecond response times, and up to 12GBps of bandwidth with leading, enterprise-proven availability features.

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is also known as NetApp EF540, NetApp EF-Series.

Download the All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Customers
RP Data, Western Oregon University, Toei Animation
NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays pricing:
  • "The pricing is comparable with other competitors and similar in mid-range solutions, and for high range solutions, it would depend on our requirements or needs."
  • "NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is an expensive product."
  • "This solution is not available to many users because the cost is very expensive."
  • "They need to improve its pricing. The storage market is dying. So, they need to improve the price because it should reach all people. NetApp is one of the top ones, and they are charging a little bit of royalty as compared to other storage solutions."
  • "Adding more capacity will increase the cost."
  • "The pricing of this solution is competitive with other vendors here in Egypt."

VP
CTO
Easy to set up and performs well, but Technical support is poor for software-related issues

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for banking services. It is one of three of our production systems in which we store all of our customer's data. Thirty percent of our production traffic for our company is stored with this solution. The deployment model used is a private cloud.

• "The main advantage of this solution is performance."
  • "This solution does not have any compression or deduplication."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
PR
Senior Systems Engineer at Indra
Easy to use solution but lacks federation and segmentation of data

What is our primary use case?

I normally work with customers. I'm a senior consultant so I'm responsible for giving information to customers and I make assessments for them about what technology is the best for them to use.

• "Rapid deployment, easy integration management and cloning of areas."
  • "Their problems are on the software and the controlling of the storage where they lack segmentation and federation."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give NetApp EF-Series All Flash a 5. It's a low rating because as I mentioned, they have to improve their software. NetApp is an array that is made on the software. Their problems are on the software and the controlling of the storage where they lack segmentation and federation. Fragmentation, in particular, is a problem that could be improved for big customers since big data is so important for them.
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT
Director at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good performance, easy to operate and maintain, with good support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution for databases.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the performance of the database access."
  • "Better integration with other brands is important so we would like to see it easier to integrate."

What other advice do I have?

I will continue to use this solution. I think that the technology is still the latest one. If there is more development storage technology in the future with other venders then I will consider using another solution. Depending on the business needs, there are variables to consider with the expense. It's still worth purchasing as the support is good and also the performance is very good. Some of the engineers are still considering changing to a cheaper solution but they worry that the support and maintenance will not be as good. I would recommend this solution. From my experience, this is still…
SuwardiSuwardi
Technical Advisor at Synnex Metrodata Indonesia
Reseller
Excellent SnapMirror feature with good stability and decent technical support

What is our primary use case?

I usually run a POC for our customers.

• "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "The dashboard could be simplified."

What other advice do I have?

I'm working as pre-sales for NetApp. I help the NetApp team to test the POC for the customer. My company is a distributor of NetApp in Indonesia. We might not use the latest version of the solution. We use the AFF Series and the C Series. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution so far.
MohamedYassin
IT Systems Engineer at Adaptive Solutions
High availability, easy to deploy, and provides ability to assign performance margins to specific workloads

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as storage for our application server. It is used in the virtualized environment in our data center. It hosts our critical applications such as databases and our critical application workload.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to set a specific margin of performance to a specific workload."
  • "I would like to have the ability to replicate data between All Flash and other NetApp storage systems."

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who has critical workloads like Oracle databases or DB2, NetApp All-Flash Arrays will suit their needs, as long as it fits within their budget. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Sarith Sasidharan
System Administrator at a government with 201-500 employees
Very stable, good performance, much faster than other solutions, and has native cloud integration

• "Its performance is most valuable. This solution is much faster than other as well as older storage solutions. The performance of the system is very good. We are getting 50 times better experience than the older storages. We are using AFF 300. It also has native cloud integration and most of the features."
  • "Its pricing should be better. Its price is competitive, but they need to improve the pricing. They have different licensing models, which they need to improve. My expectation was cloud integration, which they have, but it is a different license. Therefore, people cannot enjoy it. If I want to use it, I need to pay extra. There is a cost involved for everything, but it should reach everyone. It is similar to having a Rolls-Royce, but you need to pay extra for the key. If you want the key, you need to pay."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays a ten out of ten.
CS
Associate Executive - Technical Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good capacity and management software, but it comes at a high price

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our clients. We also use this ourselves. Personally, we use this as a unified SAN solution. Our clients use it for CCTV and media applications. For example, one of our clients uses this to handle video data for game development. Depending on the customer and their requirements, we will configure an all-flash storage solution for them.

• "The management software is very good."
  • "The price of the All Flash solution is very high."

What other advice do I have?

NetApp All Flash is a system that I recommend for a rapid storage solution. It is good for organizations such as banks and media companies. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
YA
IT Engineer at agiba
A stable storage solution in our hybrid environment

What is our primary use case?

We depend on this product for our storage needs. We have a private-cloud deployment. We use more than the All-Flash Arrays on site. We have a hybrid model with all types of storage including flash, SATA disks, and SSD.

• "This storage solution is both stable and scalable, and it works for our needs."
  • "We need a center related to NetApp in Egypt so that we can deal with them directly."

What other advice do I have?

This storage solution is both stable and scalable, and it works for our needs. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
See 4 more NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Reviews