Netezza Analytics Overview

Netezza Analytics is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Hadoop tools. It is most often compared to Apache Spark: Netezza Analytics vs Apache Spark

What is Netezza Analytics?
IBM Netezza Analytics is an embedded, purpose-built, advanced analytics platform that empowers analytic enterprises to meet and exceed their business demands. As features, it can predict with more accuracy, deliver predictions faster and respond rapidly to changes.
Netezza Analytics Buyer's Guide

Download the Netezza Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Netezza Analytics Customers
A leading online advertising network
Netezza Analytics Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Netezza Analytics pricing:
  • "The annual licensing fees are twenty-two percent of the product cost."

Netezza Analytics Reviews

reviewer1240266
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Nov 30, 2019
A high-performance solution to create reports from our data mart, but the scalability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for creating reports from the data in our data mart.

• "The most valuable feature is the performance."
  • "The Analytics feature should be simplified."

What other advice do I have?

I don't think that it is currently available on the cloud, except for IBM Bluemix. They will come up with DB2 Analytics. IBM will come up with a new name. Moving the data from one box to another box or moving it to the cloud or any other storage, the connectors are there but the efficiency in the movement or the data movement features is similar to USB. Netezza has already changed its name, so they are no longer selling this solution under this brand. They are selling Neteeza Mako and I would recommend it, although I am still looking for an analytics solution. Netezza has already launched theā€¦
reviewer1134720
Solution Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 10, 2019
Stable with limited administration needed but it's coming up on its end of life

What is our primary use case?

We're currently trying to create a data warehouse on the solution.

• "The need for administration involvement is quite limited on the solution."
  • "I'm not sure of IBM's roadmap currently, as the solution is coming up on its end of life."

What other advice do I have?

We were using the on-premises deployment model. I haven't been following the solution for the last year or year and a half, so I don't have too much to say about it. I'd rate it seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Apache, Cloudera and others in Hadoop. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Shiv Subramaniam Koduvayur
Project Manager at MAF hypemarkets carrefour
Sep 29, 2019
A robust solution with good support, but a better GUI for database management is needed

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our data warehouse in an on-premises deployment.

• "This product is being discontinued from IBM, and I would like to have some kind of upgrade available."
    • "The most valuable features of this solution are robustness and support."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that a lot of evaluation should be done before starting. Also, we needed to put a lot of effort into understanding the different functions that the product offers. This allows you to best leverage the capability of the product. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
    RomeshSheth
    Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Oct 3, 2019
    A solution that offers good performance, but the hardware has a risk of failure and it doesn't scale well

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for data mark creation.

• "The performance of the solution is its most valuable feature. The solution is easy to administer as well. It's very user-friendly. On the technical side, the architecture is simple to understand and you don't need too many administrators to handle the solution."
    • "The hardware has a risk of failure. They need to improve this."

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model. I would rate the solution six out of ten.
    reviewer1114692
    System Administrator at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Nov 28, 2019
    An easy installation, good integration with a legacy platform, and good scalability

• "For me, as an end-user, everything that I do on the solution is simple, clear, and understandable."
    • "The solution could implement more reporting tools and networking utilities."

What other advice do I have?

For the last two years, we've been using the cloud deployment model. We're an IBM partner. We're using various types of databases including DB2 and Microsoft SQL. I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. We had no problem integrating this solution with our legacy platform.
    Product Categories
    Hadoop
    Download our free Hadoop Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Apache, Cloudera, and more!