NetIQ Access Manager Overview

NetIQ Access Manager is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Web Access Management tools. It is most often compared to IBM Security Access Manager: NetIQ Access Manager vs IBM Security Access Manager

What is NetIQ Access Manager?
Access Manager provides a simple yet secure and scalable solution that can handle all your web access needs both internal as well as in the cloud.
NetIQ Access Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the NetIQ Access Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

NetIQ Access Manager Customers
Bancomext, Bouwend Nederland, Camera dei Deputati, CGT, Coopservice Group, Court of Appeals of Georgia, Etnic, European Automotive Manufacturer, FDM Document Dynamics, Hainan Province Information Center, Highland Community College, Huntington Bank, Johnsonville Sausage, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Mazars, Mexico's Tax Administration Service, Owens Community College, Pasco Risk, RDC, School District of Hartford, Senckenberg Nature Research Society, Sheetz, Spanish Public Employment Service, SUNY Orange County Community College, Swisscard, The Municipality of Siena, The University of Westminster, UMB Financial Corporation Invests in Identity Management, University of Dayton, University of Groningen, Vodacom, World Wide Technology
NetIQ Access Manager Video

DS
Project Manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Good authentication and great single sign-on feature but needs a better upgrade procedure

What is our primary use case?

We work with farmer federations. We primarily use the solution for authentication and single sign-on capabilities.

• "The single sign-on feature is excellent."
  • "I would love to see the upgrade procedure handled more effectively. I would prefer to have OVS installation possibilities, although the upgrade procedures should include the OS as well. You should be able to use the whole application as an appliance."

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner. We have a business relationship with the product. I would recommend the solution. I would rate the solution seven out of ten overall.
SylvainMaertchik
Education Director at ID Integrated Data SA
Easy to integrate with lots of different applications

What is our primary use case?

As a NetIQ Partner we are offering NetIQ Access Manager as a primary choice for controlling application access. The product is mainly designed for Web Application which make this product a good choice for the cloud applications. But it is also a good choice for in-house applications.

• "There are lots of options to customize the solution to your needs."
  • "The application portal could be improved with more options and easier customization."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using the solution, but for this type of product, you have to make sure that you know your needs. You need to run a study about your business needs, just to make sure this is suitable. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about NetIQ Access Manager vs. Symantec Siteminder and other solutions. Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PA
Technology and Solutions Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Simple to implement and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases include creating the security patch, control over access, simplifying the control of the organization's access to infrastructureת and obligation services. We provide account security access to profile users with different obligations for information and services to the company.

• "The features that we have found most valuable with NetIQ Access Manager are its single sign-on and two factor two second factor database."
  • "In terms of what could be improved, I would say the security of the infrastructure and the server and the working networking device."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend NetIQ Access Manager. It is a very, very good alternative to Microsoft. Micro Focus is very big and offers good technical services. The solution is very good. It is fast and simple to operate and has very good production time to market. On a scale of one to ten, I would give NetIQ Access Manager an eight. Learning this product takes time and effort so the training process is very time consuming.