Netskope CASB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Netskope CASB is #3 ranked solution in CASB solutions and #4 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools. IT Central Station users give Netskope CASB an average rating of 8 out of 10. Netskope CASB is most commonly compared to Zscaler Internet Access:Netskope CASB vs Zscaler Internet Access. Netskope CASB is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Netskope CASB?
Netskope™ is the leading cloud access security broker (CASB). Only the Netskope Active PlatformTM provides discovery, deep visibility, and granular control of sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud apps. With Netskope, IT can direct usage, protect sensitive data, and ensure compliance in real-time, on any device, including native apps on mobile devices and whether on-premises or remote, and with the broadest range of deployment options in the market. With Netskope, businesses can move fast, with confidence.

Netskope CASB was previously known as Netskope.

Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Netskope CASB Customers
NetApp, Genomic Health, Caterpillar, Apollo, Pandora, Continental Resources, Fractal, infinera, Tesla
Netskope CASB Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Netskope CASB pricing:
  • "The pricing is competitive."
  • "The price of the solution is fair but it depends on your use case."

Netskope CASB Reviews

CB
Executive at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up with good automation and offers good training materials

• "The automation offered by the product is pretty solid."
  • "The solution is still pretty new to the CASB environment."

What is our primary use case?

The solution primarily ensures the security of whoever's infrastructure as it relates to not only email but applications. It allows for the security of managed and unmanaged applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Probably the most recent example of how the solution can assist a company is in terms of a false positive on a DLP. It was instituted to overcome a false positive due to the strain that was being used that was being captured as a positive issue. The false-positive was locking users out of their email addresses. This helped solve that issue.

What is most valuable?

Overall it's the supporting of not only the managed but also the unmanaged applications, which is quite useful.

This is a journey, this is not a destination. They're forever enhancing the solution to meet various and sundry requirements and needs. Just this year alone, they introduced the ability to support emails and being able to keep emails from a phishing perspective.

The automation offered by the product is pretty solid.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The training materials on offer are very good.

The solution can scale.

The stability has been pretty good so far.

What needs improvement?

The solution is always evolving and adding new features. However, I can't think of an area where it is specifically lacking per see.

I'm a reseller, so anytime we can get the solution cheaper I'm for that. From a pricing perspective, that wouldn't hurt.

Their partner piece could be a little bit stronger than what it is right now.

The solution is still pretty new to the CASB environment.

We started dealing with the solution in November of last year. It hasn't been that long yet.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is reliable.

The scalability is good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's highly scalable. It's one of the reasons why we chose the application over anything else. We've deployed it to anywhere from 50 users to 10,000 users.

I've never directly dealt with technical support. I've never needed their assistance. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I have no personal experience. I also haven't heard any feedback from clients, which I take as a positive sign.

We found that the initial setup was pretty straightforward. It wasn't overly difficult or complex.

How long it takes to deploy depends on the policies that a company has. It depends on what we're applying stuff to. It can range anywhere from two weeks to three months, depending on the policies that we need to adjust, amend and adhere to.

We typically do the installation for our customers. We usually sell our implementation services along with the solution.

The solution is designed as a SaaS.

The pricing could always be better, and they need to strengthen their relationship with their partners.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers of the product.

The product is a SaaS and therefore is always up-to-date. It uses microservices. We're always dealing with the latest version of the product. It updates itself.

Our clients use different deployment models and different clouds for deployment.

I'd advise other companies to use the solution, and implement it now rather than later.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Their ease of use, the training materials that they got, and what the solution actually covers are all very good. That said, they're fairly new into the CASB environment. However, they have done a pretty solid job with customer acceptance, with providing products that really meet the needs of what today's SaaS-based environments really require. When you start looking at how many SaaS applications are out there, being able to manage and secure against a multitude of threats, the solution ends up being quite impressive.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Re-Seller
JC
Security Solutions Architect at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Good interface with good onboarding and an easy to deploy agent

• "The interface is good."
  • "In some cases, when you have a lot of policies, it can get confusing for users and you can get lost in the GUI."

What is our primary use case?

We have two main use cases. The first one is for APIs only. We have the APIs connected to this console, and they include the API from Facebook Workspaces, and also Google.

The other use case is for URL filtering using an agent of Netskope.

What is most valuable?

The agent is the easiest to deploy. Once it's deployed, it easy to enable features such as URL filtering, et cetera.

The interface is good.

The onboarding process is pretty straightforward.

The configuration is okay.

There' lots of great new features.

It's one of the best solutions on the market.

What needs improvement?

The way that policies or profiles are set up can be adjusted. You have to create a list of policies and then you need to reorder everything if you want to adjust the way that the policy is applied to traffic. In some cases, when you have a lot of policies, it can get confusing for users and you can get lost in the GUI. Maybe they can improve on how to order everything.

In the short term, the solution really doesn't need to add any other features.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so now. It hasn't been that long.

At this time, after about one year of use, I have heard that there were a few issues, however, it's been minimal. For the most part, it is stable.

I haven't witnessed any issues with scalability. It seems that it would be possible to scale.

At the moment, most of our users are engineers and then we have 19 to 25 users at the bottom, and people from a few different departments including administration, finance, and IT.

We do not plan to increase usage at this time, at least, in terms of users.

We haven't had any issues and therefore have never really had a need to reach out to technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are overall.

We didn't previously use any other solution.

The initial setup was okay The deployment we handled was small. It only took us about two weeks to get everything up and running.

At this time, two people are in charge of deployment and maintenance.

I don't have any information about the licensing. It's not an aspect of the solution I really deal with.

We did take a look at McAfee before choosing this solution.

We also looked at Bitglass, however, there wasn't really an evaluation process that went into effect. We just took a quick look.

We looked at the infrastructure and how the solutions could control latency between users and applications.

What other advice do I have?

We are both a partner and a high-end user.

We are always using the latest version of the solution, as it updates automatically. The console is running on a Netskope site. From there, a user can deploy agents to a computer or servers on-prem or on the cloud, however, it's not the console itself. It's the agent's server that is forwarded to the cloud.

It's important to look at the solution to see how it will work for your company, A solution might have a good user interface, a beautiful console, and nice graphics, however, you really need to look deeper to see if it fits your organization's needs.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It's been very useful for us so far.

Find out what your peers are saying about Netskope, McAfee, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
EW
Head of Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides comprehensive protection of data and files shared between users

• "Their technical support is very good."
  • "They could improve their mobile agents as they have some limitations."

What is our primary use case?

We are the distributor for Netskope in Sri Lanka. We have been distributing Netskope for roughly two years.

Netskope has multiple products. One is their CASB solution — Cloud Access Security Broker. They even have a Secure Web Gateway Solution as well, which is used for filtering — it's filtering functionality is similar to Cisco Umbrella. Our customers can use it for cloud security. Netskope also has a Secure Access Secure Edge Solution as well.

Throughout Sri Lanka, we have distributed Netskope CASB to roughly 8,000 users.

What needs improvement?

From the product perspective, I think they should do much more marketing from their end because it's a Gartner Leader Product. Tech-wise, I don't see any loopholes that I would say need improvement.

They could improve their mobile agents as they have some limitations.

In Sri Lanka, we have deployments for CASB. It is very stable from their end.

It's very scalable. When it comes to scalability, even their cloud platform is very flexible and highly scalable.

Their technical support is very good.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the use cases. Often, it seems as if it will be straightforward, but this can be misleading. The basic integration is not that difficult, it's straightforward, but based on the use cases, it can end up taking a long time, especially when it comes to API integration, etc.

The basic implementation can be completed within a few weeks; however, regarding the total API integration and fully-fledged integration, it may take about one month. In total, depending on your use cases, it can take up to one and a half months.

For Netskope deployment, we utilize about three engineers, but when it comes to endpoint deployment, we use a few extra engineers as well.

The pricing is competitive.

What other advice do I have?

We highly recommend Netskope CASB because it is very flexible and they provide multiple methods for integration. It's very flexible when it comes to use-cases. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Netskope CASB a rating of nine.

SZ
Lead Cloud Security Practice at Vincacyber
Responsive support, reliable, and has plenty of features

• "I have found the most useful features to be the Web Secure Gateway, CASB, infrastructural service scanning, and Zero Trust."
  • "There should be some granular custom roles that are not available. However, this is on the road map. There are many devices that do not have the Zero Trust feature and other enhancements available which they should have."

What is our primary use case?

I have done a couple of implementations from small to large enterprise IT companies.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most useful features to be the Web Secure Gateway, CASB, infrastructural service scanning, and Zero Trust. Additionally, the UI is very simple to work with.

What needs improvement?

There should be some granular custom roles that are not available. However, this is on the road map. There are many devices that do not have the Zero Trust feature and other enhancements available which they should have.

In an upcoming release, they need to improve the reverse proxy. There are only a limited amount of applications that support it and are not able to be managed. Additionally, there should be improvements in the policy structure to restrict scrolling up and down.

I have been using the solution for approximately three years.

The solution is stable. However, if you do not keep the solution upgraded monthly you might run into some stability issues.

The solution is suitable for small to large enterprise companies.

The technical support is very good with the premium service. They were very responsive with the solutions we needed and the tickets we were dealt with at a high priority.

The price of the solution is fair but it depends on your use case.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution is you have to plan it out first. It is always good to know exactly how the solution operates before you are going to implement it. Plan it accordingly, rather than deploying it on all machines. First implement it on every business unit with some test users, test plans, test policies deployed, and test it out. Not all applications are supported by any of the security of the entire solution. Those applications that are not supported you have to bypass them. At this stage, only the deployment has to be done. You have a defined project plan and it is important to follow it.

I rate Netskope CASB a nine out of ten.

HK
Lead - Information Security at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Simple and straightforward interface, helpful technical support

• "The feature that I like best is the GUI."
  • "Setting up policies is something that we having been doing, and if the vendor were to provide example use cases that included different implementation options then it would be very useful for us."

What is our primary use case?

I do not have a great deal of experience with this product, although we are using it for cloud security. Since everybody is adopting cloud technologies such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, they want to ensure that their data is secure. This product can be used to help people access our cloud applications securely, control users, and manage data movement over the cloud with respect to our data classification policies.

We have conducted a PoC but have not used it in our production environment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps put into place governance of the cloud in terms of usage.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like best is the GUI. The user interface is simple and straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

They should include a playbook that includes how to create multiple run loops, which would allow us to implement some level of automation.

We have been using Netskope CASB for almost a year.

It is scalable in terms of it being cloud-based. Scaling to the number of users you require is a matter of licensing. We have seven users in the organization.

The technical support is pretty good. We have had a few incidents and they supports us well.

We did not use a similar solution prior to NetSlope. However, as part of our evaluation process, we have used several products from different vendors.

Installing NetSkope involves setting up an agent on the user's machine.

McAfee has better options for scalability.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product, we have not found any problems, and I recommend it.

LM
IT Security Manager (Regional) at Noble Grp
A stable and wholly comprehensive security portfolio solution

• "It's a comprehensive security portfolio solution."
  • "Compatibility with other proxy polars would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use Netskope as a comprehensive security portfolio solution. It covers the CASB CSP. We have 300 end users in our company for this solution. We're customers of Netskope and I'm the regional IT security manager.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features of the solution are the KSP CASB and the DLP because we're not using the proxy or the web gateway.

What needs improvement?

When we first deployed the solution we encountered some minor compatibility issues with another proxy polar, Bitscaler. It would play up and sometimes we'd get a blue screen. It was rare and the only issue we encountered with Netskope.

I would really like to see an improvement in compatibility with other platforms as it relates to issues as mentioned above. It would help to get rid of minor bugs and glitches.

I've been using this solution for one and a half years.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is not very scalable. Each time we need to get a new user on board to Netskope, we need to send the invitation from the portal. We need to have tools by SCCM or perhaps there's another window administration tool that I'm not aware of because I'm not the one deploying Netskope. It's still manageable in terms of getting a  new user onboard but could be easier.

The technical support is good but we pay for extended support and of course that's helpful.

The initial setup is very easy and user friendly. You can set the profile database to see the scoring or the weighting of the security as it applies to Yahoo mail, Gmail, and Facebook, for example. Deployment time varies because we need to customize the policy for our to each cient. Deployment will probably average about a week.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

SG
Storage and Backup Team Leader at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Flexible deployment, easy to manage, and good technical support

• "Technical support is pretty good."
  • "The configuration in the cloud model could be improved upon."

What is our primary use case?

There are lots of different use cases.

What is most valuable?

There are many, many different ways you can actually deploy the solution.

It's pretty flexible in terms of management.

Technical support is pretty good.

We've found the solution to be stable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It's important that they review the NTP connection in relation to emails. Currently, this information is not covered by Netskope in terms of documentation or support.

The configuration in the cloud model could be improved upon.

I've only been using the solution for about six months. It's been well less than a year so far. It hasn't been too long at this point.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't had issues with bugs, glitches, or crashes. It's quite reliable from that perspective.

We've been quite satisfied with the technical support and the level of assistance they provide. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

The deployment is rather straightforward as the solution gives you many ways you can actually deploy it. It's quite flexible. It's definitely a good selling point.

I'm more of a technician. I don't handle billing or payments. Therefore, it's difficult for me to assume the cost of the product or what the client is paying. I'm not sure if it is monthly or yearly and I couldn't say if it is high or low.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at an eight.

Benjamin Fang
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Straightforward interface, very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

I'm a solutions architect and we are customers and partners of Netskope.

What is most valuable?

I very much like the interface, it's very straightforward to use. In general, the solution is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

I think the customer support could be improved. I think they're improving but it's not that great yet. I'd like to see more integration included in the solution, maybe like a host-based firewall.

I've been using this solution for nine months.

What is our primary use case?

I'm a solutions architect and we are customers and partners of Netskope.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for nine months.

In terms of scalability, it's good. Based on their technology, they are able to scale pretty quickly. We have about 100 people using the solution, basically all the staff in the company.

I believe they are working on building up their support center around the globe, it's just that in Singapore they don't have a center set up yet. I think the closest option is in Australia or Hong Kong.

The initial setup is straightforward, it's easy to instal. Once you have experience with it, installation takes a few minutes. We had support for the initial installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It works well.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.