NetSuite ERP OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetSuite ERP is #1 ranked solution in top Billing Software, #1 ranked solution in top Cloud ERP tools, and #5 ranked solution in top Activity Based Costing Software. IT Central Station users give NetSuite ERP an average rating of 8 out of 10. NetSuite ERP is most commonly compared to Oracle ERP Cloud:NetSuite ERP vs Oracle ERP Cloud. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 37% of all views.
What is NetSuite ERP?
Global ERP NetSuite OneWorld Allows Companies to Manage Back Office Operations Globally AND Locally. NetSuite OneWorld addresses the complex multi-national and multi-company needs of mid-market organizations. Enable businesses to adjust for currency, taxation and legal compliance differences at the local level, with regional and global business consolidation and roll-up. Get unprecedented visibility of your business worldwide in real time, ensuring consistent, compliant management across the organization, locally and globally. NetSuite OneWorld can populate a single charts-of-accounts across subsidiaries, or use separate charts-of-accounts for each company with postings between subsidiaries such as expense allocation managed via inter-company journals. Local taxes are readily handled across subsidiaries with an embedded tax engine that allows for multiple tax schedules for everything from GST, to VAT, to consumption tax or general sales tax. Revenue recognition, local financial reporting and compliance are also built-in components. And OneWorld allows for global order management and sourcing with the ability to manage inventory and fulfillment across multiple locations with product items represented globally or on a per subsidiary basis.
NetSuite ERP Buyer's Guide

Download the NetSuite ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

NetSuite ERP Customers
2Pure, Accuvant, Actian, Adtegrity, Advantage Sign Supply, All-Safe Pool Safety Products, Alton Lane, AMC Liquidators
NetSuite ERP Video

Archived NetSuite ERP Reviews (more than two years old)

Josh Brox
NetSuite SuiteScript Developer/Boomi AtomSphere Developer at a tech vendor
Manufacturing routing, inventory management, and SuiteScript enable business-specific customization

• "We leverage the core platform but are able to add additional functionality for ease of use, tailored processes, and industry related reporting."
  • "As with any system offering large volumes of data, there are limitations on processing large volumes of data in custom ways."

How has it helped my organization?

NetSuite allows quick modifications of entry forms, standard processes, and end result data. The ability to make modifications to the core system allows us to offer our clients more meaningful operational processes and reporting abilities.

What is most valuable?

The top three most valuable features for me are:

• manufacturing routing
  • inventory management
  • SuiteScript.

The functionality of these three features provides my team and me the ability to customize NetSuite for the craft beverage industry. We leverage the core platform but are able to add additional functionality for ease of use, tailored processes, and industry related reporting.

What needs improvement?

As with any system offering large volumes of data, there are limitations on processing large volumes of data in custom ways. The core data processing works great but when clients want to process data in custom ways, a limitation exists because of the cloud-based model and shared servers among clients.

More than five years.

There are no issues with stability. NetSuite has 99.9% uptime and it has scheduled releases with processes in place for full development cycles.

I believe scalability is a non-issue for 99% of companies. It may be an issue for companies processing excessive volumes of data but I don't have enough experience to comment further.

NetSuite has a good technical support team. They are timely on case responses and replies. For each case submitted, I've always been able to get someone on a WebEx to help with the case. The case solutions are helpful the majority of the time, but some cases might lead to an enhancement request or a defect that is being worked on. Overall, pretty good technical support from my experience.

Yes. I previously was a consultant for Aderant and was happy to make the switch because NetSuite is a larger company with more resources and has the ability to offer a superior product to small, on-premise model ERP companies.

The initial setup is complex. I would recommend that any company making a switch to NetSuite look to get help from a NetSuite VAR (Value Added Reseller).

I would advise that you first meet with and scope out your project with a NetSuite VAR (Value Added Reseller).

Yes. I looked into Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft Dynamics.

What other advice do I have?

Look to get help from a NetSuite VAR (Value Added Reseller). The implementation will always be tough, but with the help of an experienced team, the transition will be better managed.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a NetSuite implementation consulting firm.
Shivali Ahuja
Netsuite Specialist at a recreational facilities/services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides a 360 degree customer view.

What is most valuable?

It’s a complete ERP Solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I really like the CRM module of NetSuite that gives a 360-degree customer view. Its CRM module is very much customized out-of-the-box as per most of the companies.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvement around the Revenue Recognition module.

Right now, several templates are there, but they are either too complicated, or they are difficult to configure, from a company finance perspective.

In addition, I would like to see improvements in the inventory module and in the manufacturing domain.

I have used this product for seven years.

Stability is sometimes a concern in NetSuite. To my thinking, if NetSuite is not configured correctly during implementation, and if there is too much customization (in terms of scripting) in a NetSuite account, then stability becomes a concern.

The architecture around NetSuite needs to be designed very carefully, considering all of the factors.

Scalability is never a major issue with NetSuite, if all the factors are considered during the implementation phase.

The technical support rating can be defined as per the support taken. This can be Silver, Gold, or Platinum. If you select Silver, then you cannot really expect much support.

I have experience working with SAP. When compared with NetSuite, the latter is bit easier to configure for the features which are not present out-of-the-box.

The initial setup was more or less straightforward for NetSuite. It needs to be handled properly considering the clients' requirements.

Pricing in NetSuite is cheaper, if compared with SAP. But when it comes to license costs, you really need to discuss and itemize a description around teams, departments, and who will be using this system. You then need to plan accordingly.

We deployed SAP in the past.

What other advice do I have?

Focus needs to be given to the tiny details of company business rules beforehand. You then need to evaluate if those tiny business rules can really be implemented in NetSuite without much customization out-of-the-box.

Learn what your peers think about NetSuite ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user631620
NetSuite Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
One of the valuable features is real time visibility. There are still some bugs in some of the modules.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use out-of-the-box
  • Customizability
  • Cloud based
  • Real time visibility
  • Single system

What needs improvement?

There are still some bugs in some of the modules. Sometimes the system shows unexpected behavior. I’d love to see quicker fixes and fewer bugs.

I’ve been an implementation consultant for this software for a little more than three years.

There weren't really any stability issues. NetSuite claims and provides 99.9% uptime.

There were no scalability issues. This is the best scalable ERP solution I've seen.

Overall, the technical support is pretty good. In almost all cases, even if they’re unable to resolve the issue, they do give you some kind of workaround so that business can continue.

I am not aware of any previous solution.

The setup depends on the complexity of the business. I’ve seen customers up and live on this system in as little as two weeks. I’ve also seen implementations that go on for six to nine months.

We did not evaluate any other products.

What other advice do I have?

• As with any ERP system, there’s a lot of planning involved.
  • The various stakeholders and business process owners should spend some time evaluating this system.
  • It’s powerful and flexible, but planning is key!
  • Don’t balk at the price. A single suite of applications (like NetSuite) is a far better solution than running multiple systems.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners and resellers of this product.
it_user617409
Functional Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Whenever you create a transaction in the backend, the GL posting happens automatically. It needs to provide better budget allocation in order to achieve control over the fund distribution in real-time

What is most valuable?

Some valuable features of this product are P2P and O2C processes, inventory management, fixed asset management, project management, CRM, reports and customization.

If you take any industry, the base line for business is procurement and sales. NetSuite has given the transaction features to post in the GL, i.e., whenever you create a transaction in the backend, the GL posting happens automatically, depending upon the items/accounts that you have defined. Thus, you don't need to be an accounting expert, to know what should get posted or not. For each transaction, a customized approval/printing can be applied, thus making it global and apt for any industry.

Project management is not being used to a great extent, but it really helps many industries to track their budget versus the actual expenses incurred and the revenue.

NetSuite CRM+ and Sales Force Automation tools are almost equivalent to the Salesforce Cloud application that help the industry to gain new customers.

The customization feature gives us the liberty to design/customize NetSuite to any extent. I have worked to develop the NetSuite product structure for Educational ERP. Now, the product NetSuite ERP is SDN certified.

In summary, NetSuite is the future and can help small/medium-sized companies to grow in automation.

How has it helped my organization?

As a NetSuite functional consultant, I can see how this product is getting evolved with each version release. When we implement NetSuite to the organization, it automates the business to a large extent with minimum human interference. For example, the approval becomes easy due to live entry transactions or the sale functions are improved due to better use of Salesforce automation or there is better utilization of resources due to project management or there is better planning due to NetSuite demand planning.

What needs improvement?

NetSuite is still made for small/medium enterprises and needs to focus on bigger organizations, i.e., the Enterprise Edition. NetSuite also needs to provide better budget allocation in order to achieve control over the fund distribution in real-time. For example, if the budget allocated is less and the expense is utilized, the system should not allow the user or needs to warn the user from entering the transactions.

Under Budget allocation: We don't have control over the restriction on over expenses. After distribution of budget on the accounts, if lets say Stationery Expenses budgeted 400$ the actual expenses can not go beyond 400$, unless there is change in the Budget.

SalesForce CRM gives permission to approve transactions without log in to system just form email Note "Approve", "Done" . i.e. if I am the approver I will get an email notification and from that I can revert back as Note "Approve" or "Reject" to approve/reject record without getting in to account. In NetSuite we need to have the access for any approval so we need to log in and approve the transaction.

I have used this solution for three years and seven months.

There were no stability issues.

NetSuite is scalable to a larger extent. It can be mapped for many requirements.

I would give the technical support a 6/10 rating.

I was using a customized educational ERP tool and wanted to work on a cloud ERP solution.

The process started with getting support from them. Then we carried out the implementation in the vanilla environment for wholesale distribution; after which I developed the SDN certified NetSuite Education ERP product (edERP). So in terms of customization, I have worked from a simple to complex level.

If NetSuite wants to target more small-scale / medium-scale businesses, they should reduce their pricing by around 30 - 40%.

We looked at other solutions namely, SAP and Salesforce.

What other advice do I have?

It is an excellent product. It is easy to navigate, has an excellent user interface and also is easy to learn because if its transaction and real-time posting of accounts.

Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Provides financial tools and inventory management.

What is most valuable?

Financial tools and inventory management allow scalability to high volume multi-channel orders and fulfillment.

How has it helped my organization?

As a consultant/implementer, we track all projects and financial tasks.

We use NetSuite tools to handle a multi channel, high volume order environment providing insight and profitability by channel and product velocity and profitability.

What needs improvement?

The CRM module just does the basics. I’ve worked with CRM tools for over 15 years, rolling out Siebel and Oracle as a sales manager and as an IT leader. I now deploy NetSuite ERP and eCommerce.

I’ve worked with the SFDC folks in extensive demos as well as some contact management software. I know my way around this CRM subject area reasonably well.

The NetSuite tools perform the needed functions that a sales team needs. Because it is integral to the NetSuite platform with a variety of technical tools, I feel it is more capable for the sophisticated user.

My sense is that sales teams having sophisticated capability without having the time to learn or benefit from it, does not compete with the SFDC approach of rapid start up and simplicity for the end user.

Embedded graphics and a simpler UI seem to win over the sales teams. That is why the CRM within the NetSuite application is best sold as part of an enterprise sale. This prevents the sales team from going their own way in application selection. Companies that choose the best breed of solutions and then choose to integrate them, create a sub-optimized enterprise solution.

Do not treat the CRM capability as a bolt on to the excellent ERP platform.

Give the CRM module the embedded graphics and faster responding user interface for laptops and mobile devices that attracts the general sales and marketing teams.

For more sophisticated CRM users, leverage the native tie in to ERP and eCommerce for real time financial, inventory, and sales data.

I have used NetSuite ERP for three and a half years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

We made the switch from on premise applications to cloud-based NetSuite.

Setup is straightforward. The methodology is extremely important. If the core business model and financial strategy is implemented correctly, all other modules become sequential building blocks.

Order at the end of the quarter.

We evaluated Oracle, SAP, Sage, and QuickBooks.

What other advice do I have?

Build out the business and process models and walk through them multiple times. If there are integration points, make sure data mapping is part of the process model.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a reseller and provide professional services.
it_user621831
Netsuite ERP Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Generally speeds up the accounting function with less errors. Allows you to view the current status of the business in real time.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility: In comparison to other products I've used, it is completely scalable. It would be suitable for a few users to hundreds.

If, for example, you want to renumber your chart of accounts, you just renumber it. If a supplier changes its name, you just change it.

It has a fantastic search capability. If you want to find a supplier invoice, you just type the number into the search bar and the results are displayed! If you need a new field for something, you just create it. It's not a three month project to get a new field, but rather just a five minute job! I could literally go on and on.

A huge plus point for me is that you're always on the latest version. You just get upgraded twice a year. This is a huge bonus. I've seen companies that spend hundreds of thousands of pounds upgrading to the new version. With NetSuite, the upgrade is included in the subscription.

As it's a genuine cloud-based product, you don't need servers, server managers, server rooms, backups, etc. It's all there for you. If you need to log in, you just need the internet and your login details. You do not need an IT team to organize access for you.

How has it helped my organization?

Companies where I implemented the solution commented as follows:

Found it easier to plan

Viewing the current status of the business in real time with the dashboard facility

Generally speeds up the accounting function with less errors

What needs improvement?

the functionality as far as I can see is really good. It's modern and really configurable - and even customisations that in other systems I've worked on would take months takes days - sometimes hours - so on the whole, it is a very good solution.

I have been using NetSuite for two years.

It is cloud based and the performance has been fantastic over the last two years. I think I've seen a half a day of down time.

It is very scalable, as long as you evaluate what might change in the future. You could set it up to allow you to add new divisions, departments, and even subsidiaries/companies very quickly.

Technical support is excellent.

I used to implement Sage Line 500/1000.

The setup was reasonably straightforward. It's all in the planning. If you plan what you want, it's easier to hit the target.

I don't get involved with this sort of thing.

I only implement NetSuite for other companies.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you get your requirements planned

Don't be afraid to re-evaluate processes

Don't be afraid to revisit things like your chart of accounts

I've seen many companies that just want to copy what they had in their old system into their new one. Every system will allow reporting in different ways. Ensure you set it up to get best, most efficient reporting for the new system.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work for a reseller.
it_user617421
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It provides support for consolidated reporting from multiple subsidiaries in different countries.

What is most valuable?

It is a cloud-based ERP tool with minimal downtime. It can be accessed from anywhere in the world.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The NetSuite fixed asset module needs to be worked on.

I have been using this solution since October, 2014.

There were no stability issues.

There are no scalability issues since the modules are constantly updated.

The technical support is excellent.

We were previously using QuickBooks. Since it was not scalable for multiple subsidiaries, we switched to NetSuite.

The setup was straightforward. The implementation team will work with the system administrator to configure this tool to your company's needs. Be sure to have a clear idea as to how you would like the system to work.

What other advice do I have?

You should work with the implementation team as they are an excellent resource. Even for post-implementation, I would recommend getting the higher-tier support that will work closely with you and answer any questions that you might have.

it_user621840
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The system notes give me information about who changed the data and what data was changed. The user interface could be improved.

What is most valuable?

The system notes give me information of who changed what.

How has it helped my organization?

We are an implementation partner of NetSuite and we don’t use the product ourselves.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved. The latest technology can be used to improve the list view of records and load pages faster on a browser. This will make the search faster.

It needs better POS features. It’s a point-of-sale system, implemented for retail business.

I have used NetSuite ERP for three years.

We have not really had any stability issues.

We have had scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 2.5/5.

We were using Openbravo ERP.

The initial setup was simple.

It’s a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have a good internet connection.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a NetSuite partner.
it_user617424
Consultant / Cloud CRM and ERP solution provider at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides reporting capabilities. We can retrieve data via a saved search.

What is most valuable?

The reporting feature is the most valuable because it is very flexible. It is easy to retrieve any data via a saved search.

Compared to other ERP systems, Oracle NetSuite demarks the reporting capabilities via its flexible reporting tool.

How has it helped my organization?

It is an integrated system that helps us streamline the business processes.

What needs improvement?

The manufacturing aspect needs to improve.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

The technical support is very good.

Oracle NetSuite is the best cloud-based solution.

The setup was straightforward. The Oracle help center explained everything to us.

This product is worth its price and provides value for the money.

We looked at other options, namely the Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution.

What other advice do I have?

You should go for it. You won't regret it! This is the best solution. It is very simple to configure, easy to use, and is hosted on the cloud.

Senior Director Contents Integration at a integrator with 201-500 employees
Role-based workflow and user interface & dashboard were the most impressive features.

What is most valuable?

Especially for a cloud SaaS ERP system environment, from the perspective of the end user, as they may only be interested in the ERP business domain and functionality, the role-based user interface design and dashboard makes the end user feel that the system is addressing exactly the area they are concerned with. This might generate a presales advantage and end-user decision on purchasing the ERP.

Usually, role-based design provides ease of operation, because the screen is designed to be dedicated for the specific job position (role), so the location and operating procedure on the screen is designed to fit the specific role for operating efficiency.

In this sense, role-based design has more potential for improving the UI than other methods.

What needs improvement?

To exponentially increase revenue of cloud ERP SW, human intervention could be minimized, and there might be certain ways of optimizing the method of selecting & configuring apps by the end user.

It has been well addressed that especially on the area of complex business process like ERP, there still are areas which needs consulting service from experts. The area may mean assessment, system configuration and set up, etc.especially on the initial phase of implementation.

Additionally, difficulties for end user to select proper modules from cloud ERP were addressed.

Without having some knowledge about the ERP system, it may not be easy to decide and select appropriate module through the descriptions or even with some trial experience, as what is shown may differ from expectation.

So, I think that those are typical chasm that prohibit exponential growth of cloud ERP market, by the nature of requiring supports from experts, saying constraints of human dependency.

Role based design in NetSuite may mitigate many issues of the above by keeping the nature of end user perspectives.

The concept of ‘Role based’ may be extended if there is a feature that allows user to adjust the location/sequence of operation on the screen or the operating procedure based on the industry and size (number of user) of the enterprise.

I used it 2-3 months for benchmarking.

There seems to be no problems with initial setup, but not sure if you are trying complex cross-functional process. There could be a concern about the cost of consulting for optimal configuration of process.

What other advice do I have?

There is no doubt that NetSuite has strong potential on technology and scalability.