New Relic Browser OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

New Relic Browser is #36 ranked solution in APM tools. IT Central Station users give New Relic Browser an average rating of 8 out of 10. New Relic Browser is most commonly compared to Elastic APM:New Relic Browser vs Elastic APM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.
What is New Relic Browser?
New Relic Browser provides deep visibility and actionable insights into real users' experiences on your website. With standard page load timing (sometimes referred to as real user monitoring or RUM), New Relic measures the overall time to load the entire webpage. However, New Relic Browser goes beyond RUM to also help you monitor the performance of individual sessions, AJAX requests, and JavaScript errors extending the monitoring throughout the entire life cycle of the page.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

New Relic Browser Customers
Fairfax Media, Despergar.com, MercadoLibre, Veracode, Costa Coffee, Kiva, Alkami, Mondia Media, Bringmeister.de, Simplesurance, Confused.com, ReachLocal, Lending Club, Boozt.com, Trainline
New Relic Browser Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about New Relic Browser pricing:
  • "The solution is quite expensive. It costs around $5,000 a month. There aren't any additional costs above that."
  • "This is an expensive product."

New Relic Browser Reviews

Yadvendra-Kumar
Manager - Marketing Technology at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable but does not provide input regarding page performance

• "The solution is quite stable."
  • "The solution does not provide input on how the page performs in a big group. It just says that the page performance is bad, but it does not say what can be done to improve it. If they could provide some insight or guidance on how to make improvements, that would be a big help."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to optimize web pages and to track user behavior.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects are that it tracks java better and operates very efficiently.

What needs improvement?

The solution does not provide input on how the page performs in a big group. It just says that the page performance is bad, but it does not say what can be done to improve it. If they could provide some insight or guidance on how to make improvements, that would be a big help.

The solution could adjust the pricing to make the costs more reasonable.

I've been using the solution for three months.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is scalable. We have about 15 people using it currently. They're mostly developers and managers and we all use the product daily.

The solution offers 24/7 support and they are quite efficient.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Deployment took about a week. It doesn't require more than three people to deploy and maintain the solution.

We had a vendor partner assist us with the implementation.

There were other options that were considered, but I was not a part of the decision making process.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is a cloud-based software.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

RD
Director IT - Architecture at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Good application performance monitoring and load-balancing capability

• "The most valuable features are infrastructure monitoring and application performance monitoring (APM)."
  • "It would help customers if there were an on-premises version available."

What is our primary use case?

We use the Synthetics component to evaluate load balancing and monitor the average throughput of data on the system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are infrastructure monitoring and application performance monitoring (APM).

We are developing alerts and methods using the New Relic Query Language (NRQL).

What needs improvement?

The licensing cost is a little high and it should be brought down.

It would help customers if there were an on-premises version available.

I have been using the New Relic Browser for five or six months.

We have had no issues with respect to stability.

Scalability has not been a problem.

We have not needed to contact technical support.

I am using Dynatrace at the same time and I don't see much difference between the tools in terms of setup. In terms of usability, Dynatrace makes it easier to get the information that I want.

It is really easy to onboard a new application with New Relic. There are a couple of things to be installed and configured. Overall, it is simple and straightforward and I don't see much of a challenge.

We have an in-house technical team for implementation and deployment.

This is an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I definitely recommend. If you want to keep monitoring your site and find the performance of it, this is a good option to do so.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about New Relic, Elastic, Akamai, and more!