Newgen OmniFlow OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Newgen OmniFlow is #27 ranked solution in BPM Software. IT Central Station users give Newgen OmniFlow an average rating of 8 out of 10. Newgen OmniFlow is most commonly compared to IBM BPM:Newgen OmniFlow vs IBM BPM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is Newgen OmniFlow?
Platform-independent, scalable Business Process Management solution that enables automation of organizational business processes. It has seamless integration abilities allowing it to be introduced into any IT infrastructure. OmniFlow is designed to ease the creation, deployment, modification and management of Business Processes with no programming effort and differentiates with other Business Process Management products through its ability to deploy rapidly to automate a complete process.

Newgen OmniFlow was previously known as OmniFlow.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Newgen OmniFlow Customers
Rak Bank, Bank Dhofar
Newgen OmniFlow Video

Archived Newgen OmniFlow Reviews (more than two years old)

RF
User at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
I have been implementing this solution for seven months.

• "They are a good team that is proactive, and they are trying to accommodate all of our requirements."
  • "At the system level, I would like to see things be much more flexible, especially for different document templates and introducing changes."

What is our primary use case?

We currently have a project for which we are implementing this solution.

We are implementing this solution in a corporate banking environment, and we want to disperse our workflows. This includes the loan origination workflow, as well as the customer service workflow.

We have completed the requirements stages, and now we are on to prototyping.

Our deployment model is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The workflows are the most valuable feature of this solution.

What needs improvement?

From what I have seen so far, this system is too hardcoded and inflexible. They recommend customization, but it seems to be a very closed system that takes a long time and is very complicated to customize. It seems very rigid and controlled. This is not the type of system that I want to work with.

At the system level, I would like to see things be much more flexible, especially for different document templates and introducing changes. These things should not have to go to IT. Rather, they should be parameterized.

The second stage, beyond workflow, will be adding models such as for risk evaluation and corporate risk analytics. At this point, I'm not too sure how easy it's going to be to build these. We're trying to integrate with some of the data collection agencies and we are finding some challenges there. Given that we are finding challenges with simple integrations for data collection, I'm not sure if it will be possible to develop our online decision system for credit.

Good for static workflows, and the customer support team is proactive and accommodating

I have not used another Business Process Management tool

All of the development is currently happening at Newgen. They are a good team that is proactive, and they are trying to accommodate all of our requirements. I have no quarrels there.

What other advice do I have?

If this product is being used for pure workflow, without too much customization, then I think it is a good solution.

BO
Business Process Analyst at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Omnicon feature enables us to capture information from documents but the platform isn't developed enough

• "The most valuable feature for us is the Omnicon. That made sense for us because our company is now able to capture information from documents."
  • "We had consistent issues of Newgen OmniFlow crashing. It's not compatible with bounce browsers like Chrome."

What is our primary use case?

We had the cause of a recording problem with the application crashing. You need to see a crash. The product needs a great Newgen Rounds application.

You also need to be carrying costs, which is time wasted on non-productive requirements. You need to pay them by usage three ways.

How has it helped my organization?

As a Nike person, I can do my job with a whole design and process the visuals from there. I can do my job and design with Newgen OmniFlow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the Omnicon. That made sense for us because our company is now able to capture information from documents.

What needs improvement?

We had consistent issues of Newgen OmniFlow crashing. It's not compatible with bounce browsers like Chrome.

The UI of the application should be more user-friendly.

The blueprint should be part of your in-house IT so you don't need to constantly read cost on the guys who will carry out maintenance fees.

Look for new processes. Those are the things that Newgen can work on to improve.

1. Newgen OmniFlow should have a drag and drop design feature.
  2. Newgen OmniFlow should have a major IT troubleshooting software. The money for the platform you pay should support troubleshooters.

I've used Newgen OmniFlow for three years.

Newgen OmniFlow is not stable at all. You need to create an account. You need to respond to the server. Other small programs make instability.

Getting on the platform is very difficult for our in-house IT guys. Our IT guys are not even able to enhance existing processes. If we have any enhancements, we have to call the Indian guys.

On scalability, if you count the scale from 1 to 10, I would give Newgen a zero because we are unable to achieve any in-house enhancements or new processes. Also, always have to contact the guys in India.

When I didn't want to push people on the processes, we bought an enterprise license, which means that we have a limited license on that one. On that one. I'll rate them a 10 because we don't pay any additional fees.

On average, we have about 5000 users on the platform. When you put them all together, maybe the number of concurrent users at any point in time might be around 500 to 1000.

For technical support, they always tried to do their best at every point in time. I've already highlighted the problems to the technical support:

1) The time difference.

2) The language barrier.

Much our language is not English and the communication takes longer. It depends on the complexity of the issues. For non-complex issues, that will take just an hour. But for complex issues, it sometimes takes up to a week.

The first business management solution that we used at the bank was called Implemented Process Maker.

What other advice do I have?

Newgen OmniFlow users should not overload the platform at any point in time. Take it slowly, progress one process at a time. Wait until you have achieved at least optimal satisfaction in the process before starting to onboard another process.

Newgen OmniFlow was supporting their IT in such a way that when they have issues, it takes too long to match the response time. I will advise anyone for continuous training instead.

I'll give them a seven or six in my review. Studies express that the platform isn't developed enough. The platform is not compatible with browsers or old fashioned software like Explorer. Not compatible with newer versions of Explorer and not even compatible with Google Chrome.

Find out what your peers are saying about Newgen, IBM, Pega and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JoyceJose
Chief Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible in terms of how the UI assists users working in a variety of roles

• "The most valuable feature is the flexibility in using it."
  • "The development teams should be more agile and they need to have more team members."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for customer onboarding, finance, assets, and banking. The users for this solution have a variety of roles from finance to HR.

How has it helped my organization?

The top management has a better basic look at the dependencies and the reports because everything is online now. The customer also gets good feedback on the status of the applications that they put in.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flexibility in using it.

We have the iBPS, which is a more fluidic UI and a plug and play kind of a thing. You can move your entire UI based on what you want it to be, or how you want to look for individual users.

It also has integration with social media or they have social media adapters. If you have requests coming in from Twitter then based on the request, you can have the entire flow dependent on that. This is the kind of social media integration that is available.

What needs improvement?

The development teams should be more agile and they need to have more team members. Social skills are lacking within teams.

They have an Accounts Payable process which is upcoming. I wouldn't say it is too good, but a good feature to have.

Eight years.

This solution is pretty stable, but you need to be constantly checking on the infrastructure and the stats. The monitoring has to be there.

This is a tier one application. After core banking, this is the second most used or most critical product in the entire organization.

Scalability-wise it is pretty good, but again, you have to monitor it constantly. We have approximately five thousand main users and two thousand concurrent connections. In some cases, the number of concurrent users goes above five thousand.

The technical support is pretty impressive. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

This was the first solution that was implemented here from a BPM perspective. Before that, it was a mix of SharePoint, email, etc.

Our initial setup was complex because we are guaranteed to have approximately two thousand concurrent users.

We began first with a couple of servers, then after a couple of years, as we saw that the usage was going up, we grew both horizontally and vertically.

We have a pretty big team here, with fifteen huge processes. I would say that from a development perspective, building one complex process will take a couple of developers, and an additional person is required to exclusively handle the support.

There are many factors to it. In our organization, we need 24/7 support because we have trade finances that work in the middle of the night. We require additional support to accommodate people working in shifts.

If change requests come in then one developer may be able to handle three processes. In the case of a new requirement, there is normally one developer who works with the team leader that is monitoring the entire setup.

We used a consultant to assist with the deployment, and the experience was pretty good.

I do not have relevant data points, but an example of ROI is the length of time used for customer onboarding. The time was reduced from seven days to two or three days, maximum. Another example is a gold loan, which used to take a day or two, but it is now done in a couple of hours.

The licensing fees are based on parameters such as the number of concurrent users. For example, a system that can support one hundred or less concurrent users is one licensing type. If it is more than one thousand then it is an enterprise solution with enterprise licensing, which is fixed. They don't charge based on the concurrency; rather, it depends on the number of servers, but that is negotiable.

We are currently on an annual maintenance contract.

Overall, this solution is very cost effective when compared to other solutions in the market.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very cost effective and very flexible. The disadvantage is that they are lax in their approach, so you have to be assertive when you are dealing with them.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Newgen, IBM, Pega, and more!