Nexthink OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nexthink is #2 ranked solution in top Digital Experience Monitoring tools. IT Central Station users give Nexthink an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nexthink is most commonly compared to SysTrack:Nexthink vs SysTrack. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Nexthink?

Nexthink is the leader in digital employee experience management software. The company gives IT leaders unprecedented insight into employees’ daily experiences of technology at the device level – freeing IT to progress from reactive problem solving to proactive optimization. Nexthink enables its more than 1,000 customers to provide better digital experiences to more than 10 million employees. Dual headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland and Boston, Massachusetts, Nexthink has 9 offices worldwide.

Nexthink Buyer's Guide

Download the Nexthink Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Nexthink Customers

Nexthink Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nexthink pricing:
  • "With this implementation of the Act and Engage module, I believe that there is a one-time fee for a two-month period, which is for the support team to make additional customizations."
  • "I have seen it help improve the user experience scores. This helped clients to save costs on another tool that they were trying to deploy in order to improve the user experience by just deploying some scripts. We were able to identify the issues and help them remediate those using our help. The process does not take much time and it provided background on end user performance. Therefore, they were able to save a lot, e.g., for approximately 50,000 endpoints at two dollars per machine per year, that is about $100,000 in savings."
  • "Nexthink can pay for itself quickly if you identify and complete the most valuable use cases. The tool can do so much that to purely compare the price in a static way to other tools in your arsenal would be a mistake. If you do a more dynamic comparison that’s based on the overall functionality and use cases possible then it comes out cheaper. You need to consider it a relative measurement against potential use cases, size of the organization, maturity of organization, etc."

Nexthink Reviews

Anand Boudh
Senior Specialist – EUC Tools at HCL Technologies
Provides analytics for detailed event data, giving us the ability to really drill-down and find defects

• "In the past two years, the biggest benefit is that we have been able to identify 57,000-plus defects. These are possible tickets that we are preventing by using Nexthink."
  • "I would like it if they could put in some patch deployments and compliances."

What is our primary use case?

The use cases are based on transformation projects. For example, if clients are trying to implement some new deployments in SCCM, they use this solution and we help them with the migration. We are currently helping with a Windows 10 migration. Clients use it for application and system crashes in order to maintain the compliance status for their business applications.

On individual machines, we can see the performance and what is going wrong as well as what can be improved in order to enhance the performance of the machine. This is very useful when we get any queries from a VIP user or someone from our project's top management. So if they get into any trouble, then we are able to fix it as soon as possible. Because if an agent is unable to work for two hours or even for two days, that won't make much big of an impact. Whereas, if someone from higher management is unable to work on the system for about two hours, then they would lose a lot.

Initially, we were just looking at it in order to maintain compliances, and we were using it only for that. The guy managing this tool before me was more or less concentrated on device compliances. Later on, we started getting into the application and system crashes (when I started).

In our environment, we need to put a proxy server in place. Currently, devices are connected via the corporate network or the VPN. We don't have machines reporting from the open network. This is something that we are working on. Once that is in place, we will get all the machines reporting in our environment.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past two years, the biggest benefit is that we have been able to identify 57,000-plus defects. These are possible tickets that we are preventing by using Nexthink.

On a weekly basis, we monitor the trend, then based on the trend and wherever we see a downfall on the performance grid, we just deep dive into it. We look into what is wrong, then proceed with remediation. We access the output weekly, not in real-time.

There have been some system crashes. We have a dashboard for the blue screen of that. On the dashboard, it is usually a wave type of graph, but I saw depth in it during the weekday. So, we investigated into this and got to know that DLP client was crashing. This was causing the BSODs on the machines. So, we were able to bring it into action within three days. Then, within seven days, the ones which had already crashed were all fixed. Nexthink also helped us in preventing the rest of the machines from using the same version of DLP client, since that version was crashing. The version was the cause for the BSODs. Therefore, the deployment teams went ahead and downgraded the version of the DLP client. When there was an upgrade available, they were upgraded. This helped us in avoiding 30,000-plus tickets or being contacted from end users.

It has helped us in proactive prevention. There was this investigation done for device login time, which was quite high and they were taking a lot of time when logging in. In total, 6,567 were affected by this and we were able to fix the problems for approximately 5,900-plus machines. Those machines do not need to be replaced now, since the performance is better. However, the rest need to be refreshed or replaced. Overall, this provides cost savings.

It is being used by our asset management team. We gave them access to the dashboards. We also created some custom dashboards for them where they could look at the performance of the machines. Based on that, they do a comparison with the list that they have available for the refresh. If they see there is a machine on their list for a refresh view, then they look at our data and the machine is performing quite well, it is best that they don't refresh that machine at that particular time. Instead they put it on another machine, which is in our list, but not on theirs. This way, it is helping both sides.

What is most valuable?

We use the API with PowerShell to automate some reports. This was something that we have used which has saved us a lot of time. This was a manual effort for approximately four hours twice a week (for a total of eight hours a week). We were able to bring that down to one hour just to manage the outputs that we get through the APIs.

Nexthink provides analytics for detailed event data, giving us the ability to really drill-down. We put dashboards in place to be able to find defects, so we need to be a little more proactive with it. We have created some dashboards, like site dashboards, that monitor the performance online. You can monitor it on an individual site, region, or country basis. Wherever you see a dip, then we look at the device performance score. There is a checklist that provides us the scores. Along with that, we now have Digital Experience Scores available. That also helps us in finding out the reasons due to which the performance could have been going down.

The major difference that I see from the Digital Experience Score is when monitoring business applications. It enables us to monitor 17 business applications at the same time. Previously, we were only focusing on some fixed services, like Office 365 services. For one, we also manually added C2C application services. We weren't actively looking at other business applications other than that. Now we know what applications perform well and which ones need an upgrade. This helped the client to free some network bandwidth too. Since they upgraded the application version, this has also helped them to bring down the usage on the bandwidth part.

I don't think that I ever got stuck. If I am trying to look at something related to the device performance or system information, I have always gotten it.

What needs improvement?

I would like it if they could put in some patch deployments and compliances. I think it is there with Act, but I am not sure how deep it works.

They released a new module that would be monitoring the performance of applications specifically. That was missing, but I recently got to know that this is already in progress and they are doing it, which is good.

I have been managing this tool for my project for over two years.

It is quite stable. We don't have any trouble with it. It has never stopped us from finding anything nor impacted anything in the production. Even if it is down and we are working on something that needs to be rebooted, we don't lose anything because everything is being collected on the endpoints using Nexthink Collector. Therefore, it is collecting information continuously, even if we are making any changes on the servers. Once the servers are up, we get everything reported back into the systems. Thus, we never lose any data nor is there any impact on the information front.

I manage Nexthink. My colleague helps me with the reporting part, but I do the investigations.

The scalability is huge.

We have approximately 700 users with access, and 150 who actively use it on a regular basis. They find it useful when fixing issues for end users.

It is the best support that I have received from any application vendor. I am the admin for three applications within the environment. If I compare all those with Nexthink support, Nexthink support is the best. If I forget what I'm facing, such as, what ticket I have logged, what is the issue, or what is the progress? They don't forget it. They come back with a solution, providing continuous follow ups and continuous improvements. I have never had to skip or cancel any tickets. I never had to raise any complaints to anybody. They are available whenever I want, even if somebody has to leave for the day. They make sure that I am being contacted at the right time, i.e., when I asked for it.

This was the first solution that we used for analytics.

The initial setup is a bit complex for our environment specifically, because we have 50,000-plus endpoints. One engine can only support 10,000 machines. So, we needed at least five engines. However, we were using seven engines, so we could hold more data, as well as one for the portal. These are the eight appliances that we are currently managing. Other than that, we have two appliances configured just for the UAT environment so we can test some solutions before putting them into production. Although the hardware part is a bit complex, the architecture is quite simple.

While I wasn't part of the initial deployment, I know that it didn't take more than seven days. It took approximately a week to configure the appliances and start the setup. However, the continuous improvements were there, and they have kept on making changes in the configuration.

We are using the analytics part along with the integration. With the help of the analysis, we are currently doing actions manually by involving the deployment teams and remote desktop support teams for manual limitation. Once the dashboard has been placed, it also helps us in bringing it into action very quickly. For example, if I investigate something today, then within two days, it will be there in action for the deployment teams.

There was one guy from my team and two people from the Nexthink side. Then, we needed help from two HCL people from their Unix team (one person) because we are managing virtual appliances. So, we needed support from the Unix team to provide the hardware and support to the vCenter for the configuration. Everything else was done by my colleague and the Nexthink support.

There have been over 57,000 reported issues, out of which 54,000s are fixed. The others are in progress. We use Nexthink to proactively identify the defects. No other medium is used to investigate these things.

We had biweekly calls with the client. One week we would use it to identify the problem, then the next week we tried to fix the problem. After two weeks, we could then deliver a report, saying, "In the first week, we found these objects where we face issues. After the second week, we were able to remediate this many and have only this many left."

When we implemented this tool, the user experience index score was somewhere around 5.8. Currently, we are sitting at 7.3. Due to the COVID situation, there has been a little bit of fluctuation in the scores due to network parameters, but the lowest that we have touched has been 7.1 so far.

I have seen it help improve the user experience scores. This helped clients to save costs on another tool that they were trying to deploy in order to improve the user experience by just deploying some scripts. We were able to identify the issues and help them remediate those using our help. The process does not take much time and provides background on end user performance. Therefore, they were able to save a lot, e.g., for approximately 50,000 endpoints at two dollars per machine per year, that is about $100,000 in savings.

For the agents, it has been helping us in terms of reducing the resources required because we are able to automate things in terms of the reporting part. It is saving a lot of costs for us.

Compared to other tools in the markets, there are functionalities that only Nexthink delivers. I don't think other tools in the market can do everything that Nexthink can. For example, the level of depth into the device timeline view is as deep as you can go into device performance by looking at the timeline. I didn't see that with any of the other tools available.

Since I am a part of the HCL Technologies Tools team, I am being trained on other tools too. We haven't explored any options for our project. However, for the other project, there are some other solutions in place. It is based on the customer's needs, their budget, or liking. Whichever one they want to move forward with, they choose. Other solutions available include Lakeside SysTrack and Tachyon.

Tachyon can't be compared to Nexthink. There are a lot of things that Nexthink has, which Tachyon doesn't, e.g., Nexthink has customizable dashboards that helps in tracking investigations and build trends.

Nexthink has the device timeline and gives you more data for investigations. It collects more data from the endpoint system than any other tool.

What other advice do I have?

Whatever you investigate, don't keep it on Nexthink Finder. Only put it on a dashboard so it is always available whenever you want it. If you want to save time and reduce some effort for whatever you are investigating or whenever you create a tag/category, just put it on a dashboard so you can just fetch the data and run with it.

It is currently mandatory for our compliance management. If you don't manage the compliance, updating your compliance's baseline threshold, then you might lag behind. This might have an impact on production. After managing the applications, we knew that there was one application that needed to be upgraded. Once that was upgraded, it made some improvements in the bandwidth usage.

We are not using the Act or Engage modules yet. That is still in discussion with the client.

I have been working on it for quite a time now, so I know what scores are based on what thresholds, e.g., what parameters this particular score is being derived with. So, I quickly look at those parameters and the performance of those particular parameters only. We are doing this on a weekly basis and only have analytics. Therefore, we have a lot of missing due to the absence of Act or Engage. The drill-down is the thing that we have to do, which takes a lot of time.

With the help of Act and Engage, it is possible to send some surveys to users. You can create some parameters and put in conditions. For example, if a user reaches an overall device usage of more than 80 percent, you can push the survey to that particular end user asking, "Your device has reached 80 percent of its overall system usage. Would you like a system cleanup?" There, you can put in "Yes" or "No". If the user says, "Yes," then Nexthink can implement that action. If "No," then you can put in further questions asking, "Do you want us to give us to do it a little later?" or "Will you do it on your own?"

The analytics are as perfect as they can be. They keep on improving them with every version upgrade. They keep on adding new fields. If they want to retire something, then they do. I don't think the analytics need any improvement because they have improved a lot with the implementation of Act and Engage. Act and Engage puts it on the next level.

Our longer-term strategic vision for Nexthink is in sync with where our IT department is headed. Apart from me, the IT guys are using it on a daily basis. Our vision is that we wouldn't need anybody for tech support. We can reduce the strength of the OSs folks, who wouldn't have to worry about troubleshooting on the endpoint until it was a hardware problem. Everything on the software and system, we should be able to fix it remotely. So far, we have not been doing this because everybody is not there on the system due to the open networks problem. Once that has been fixed, anything related to software would come to us only. The OSs folks have a lot of other things to deal with, such as logistics, asset management, allocations, etc., but they should only deal with hardware problems, not software.

I would rate Nexthink as 10 out of 10.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner
LH
Second Level Support Team Leader at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to implement intelligent hardware refresh purchasing and established a proactive support model

• "The solution’s visualizations are very good. It's very easy to use them... We can give our senior managers, our directors, and our partners a dashboard at a very high level. They can very easily start to drill down by clicking through the dashboard and find stuff that doesn't look right. And our technical teams can use the same thing to identify problems in specific locations."
  • "We have provided them feedback on a few changes we would like to see with how alerting can work. Rather than have somebody looking at the network, if network utilization goes above a certain point, it would be helpful if the solution issued an alert to the right people."

What is our primary use case?

We use Nexthink to give us information on events on end-user laptops. We turn that into several use cases, such as more intelligent hardware refresh purchasing, and we have established a proactive support model.

But really, it's about understanding the digital experience by creating a digital experience score and using that score to create a happier and more productive employee base. We're still quite young in that respect, but we're in the process right now of creating a customer experience analytics team, whose job it will be to measure and enhance the digital experience score.

We deploy it on-premises. We have a number of virtual machines within our environment that host the Nexthink engines. The laptops have a collector, a small agent that's very lightweight, that sends information up to the engines.

How has it helped my organization?

Within IT support we have a very reactive organization, but with the Nexthink tool, we're able to start building proactive support. We are also enabling our security teams, our IT service desk, and our testing teams to be more effective through the use of Personas. We haven't developed Personas yet, but that's something we're about to do.

In the UK, we used one of the dashboards in the solution to identify a problem at one of our Scottish offices. It turned out that the network infrastructure in that office wasn't up to requirements for a particular application that we're using. The initial thought was that the application was at fault. But when we looked across the country, using dashboards, we found, "Well actually, in most places the application is fine. It looks good. However, we can see that in this particular Scottish office we're receiving lots of red scores and poor performance." We worked with the network team to figure out that it was actually the infrastructure. The dashboards are very useful and the solution is very good.

One fantastic use case for us was when we were due to purchase 95,000 laptops globally with 512GB SSDs, we used Nexthink data to view disk utilisation and discovered that 98% of users would not need more than 256GB. This works out to saving of around $5.4M per annum. This use case illustrates an aspect of the power of the Nexthink tool. It’s also a very simple investigation to create and one that organisations can execute almost immediately following deployment of collectors to their environment.

What is most valuable?

The most important factor is the data collection, and that's the simplest part of it. But what we do with that data, what is most useful, are things like experience scoring, hardware purchasing, and enhancing support services.

The solution’s visualizations are very good. It's very easy to use them. We're currently developing a three-tiered training model for different levels of consumer. The most basic version of that is purely dashboard. We can give our senior managers, our directors, and our partners a dashboard at a very high level. They can very easily start to drill down by clicking through the dashboard and find stuff that doesn't look right. And our technical teams can use the same thing to identify problems in specific locations.

What needs improvement?

There are a few other types of technical improvements that we've requested. There is really good learning material in the Nexthink Academy. However, turning that into real action is something that needs to be worked on.

We've been using Nexthink for close to three years.

We very rarely have issues with the solution's stability. We had a situation where our portal went down one time, but I can count on one hand how many times we've had major issues with the tool in the last two to three years.

It is scalable. If you've got the on-prem environment, it's usually a case of adding more engines, but if you're in the cloud environment it's highly scalable, and that is all managed on their side.

We've got 27,000 endpoints in the UK. We are planning on increasing our usage. We haven't decided on this, but we've looked at the server, having collected deployed servers, and we've also talked with Nexthink about potentially moving to mobile in a year or two. Nexthink haven't got a fully developed solution for mobiles yet, so we're talking about it to see what opportunities there may be, rather than having actually decided what we're going to do in that regard.

I would rate their tech support during deployment and post-deployment, both, very highly. We've logged a couple of incidents with their tech support and they've been really good, really on the ball. The support contact they gave us was exceptional, very good, very knowledgeable.

We did not have a previous solution.

We found it quite straightforward to stand up our virtual machines to host the engines. And if we need to expand to them, it's quite straightforward to do that as well. Most companies will be purchasing in the cloud environment, and the deployment of the cloud environment is obviously much easier.

I didn't do the deployment. It was somebody else in our area. But we implemented several engines across several virtual machines and we rolled out. We packaged up the collector and then we rolled that out to every single laptop in our environment.

In terms of infrastructure maintenance for the solution, we have one person who is responsible. There is no other maintenance involved.

We had a project manager run the deployment internally, but we also worked with a Nexthink technical specialist.

With the case I mentioned earlier about the hard drives, we've avoided costs that would have been more than the tool costs. It's not extra money in the bank, but it's money we haven't spent. It wasn't guaranteed that the hard drive upgrade proposal was going to go through, so it's not generally considered, internally, as true ROI, but it's a great example of where we potentially avoided a lot of cost.

We investigated a few. Lakeside Software was one of them. We also looked at HappySignals, but it doesn't do the same thing, and we looked at HP TechPulse, as well as a few others. The biggest contender was Lakeside Software, but Nexthink was much more preferable.

The main difference for us was actually the people at Nexthink, the way we found they engage with their customers. Nexthink's approach is very much, "Understand what your objective is for your organization, and then make sure the entire approach is tailored towards helping you achieve what you want to achieve." It doesn't feel like a typical vendor relationship. It feels very much like you're part of the same team, and that's really what set them apart because that's how we work. We like to work in teams. We don't want to just be on the phone with a vendor. We want to be on the phone with someone who cares about helping us achieve what we want to achieve.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it has helped save us time. You have to make a time investment to get the skills within your organization to make best use of the tool. My recommendation is that if organizations want to take digital experience management seriously, they need to have people in place whose job it is to do that. You do have to make that type of time and financial investment. But we have saved time using Nexthink.

We're actually in the process right now of building the team, those dedicated people, around it. We spent the last two to three years doing it as more of a side-of-desk activity. We've managed to achieve what we've achieved just with that. By putting people in place to do it, we're going to be able to achieve much more, and actually tie some process around it to make sure that we're measuring the value by time and money.

If you are implementing Nexthink, make sure that you've got people who are able to take ownership of the tool internally, who will be its internal ambassadors, and spend the time to learn the tool to make sure that you do it right. Don't look at the tool as a siloed operation. Don't only look at it from the point of view of improving your security or your end-user computing team, or your service desk. Look at the bigger picture. There are tons of use cases for Nexthink. It often comes down to only being limited by the ideas you can generate. There's a lot in there. The people who are going to use the tool on a day to day basis should go through the Nexthink Academy and learn as much as they can there. They should also pay attention to the Nexthink Library, to understand what out-of-the-box packs are available there.

For us, the lessons we've learned are less about Nexthink and more about experience management. Nexthink is one of the major tools we're using in our experience management strategy. The mistake we've made from the experience management perspective is not having a senior owner of experience, like a chief experience officer. That's really been a mistake because we have had no unity across IT, or enabling functions. As a result of that, we've had lots of different people doing lots of different things. You need a senior-level owner and you need a strategy. Those are really our two lessons learned. At the moment, we've got a strategy, and we have people at the senior level who want us to do great things with it, but we still don't have a senior owner of experience, which is where Nexthink does its best work.

We use it across Windows and Mac machines. The Windows collector can do a lot more than the Mac. However, each new version that Nexthink releases brings Mac closer to parity with Windows. We don't use it on mobile and we have limited use across different types of applications. For example, we're not really using it to its max potential for SaaS products right now. But if we move to the cloud product, which we would like to do, then we'll make better use of it, at that point, for SaaS solutions.

Nexthink provides you with real-time and actionable insights into the IT experience of all employees, but you need to make sure you've got people with the requisite skills to interpret that. There are the two types of data: the hard data and the soft data. You have the events coming from the machine, and then you've got more of the sentiment-type stuff where you're engaging with your customer base to hear what they have to say. Nexthink comes with a digital experience score out-of-the-box, but we have found that we are having to optimize that for our environment to get a score that actually represents what the user is experiencing.

It provides analytics for detailed event data to help you pinpoint issues and find the root cause. However, the basic analytics won't necessarily tell you the solution. They will tell you what's going on, but you still need to find a solution. Nexthink do have playbooks in their repertoire that give you recommendations for what the solution may be, but we're not using those right now.

We do have some involvement with the solution's AI-driven insights, but we haven't really achieved many great successes with it just yet. That's an area that we're still exploring. We're looking a lot at the AI-driven, proactive and predictive support elements.

I struggle to say 10 out of 10, because that seems almost impossible for any company. But, yes, I would say it's a 10. They've got the people and the culture within the company. They are growing and are ambitious and they're very focused on product enhancements. They listen to the customer, and they will develop the tool, generally speaking, in the way that the customer wants. They are adaptable to our operating model. The tool itself does tons of stuff.

Learn what your peers think about Nexthink. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RR
Tech Specialist at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Great for proactively finding and dealing with IT-related issues and offers good stability

• "The initial setup is very simple."
  • "The solution could use better automation and less coding. Since I am part of the administrative background, I'm not completely into the development side. I'm not well versed in coding."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for my day-to-day activities. I use it for analytical purposes. I'm part of technical support. In my organization, we are using this product as one of the remote action tools. It is one of the IT analytical tools, which will help us to handle productive problem management, in our IT Infra-related issues. That is the main purpose.

How has it helped my organization?

Mostly we're using the solution for internal purposes, for our internal employees. Whenever we are using applications or any laptops, usually we will face system performance issues. This tool has been able to identify proactive services or any proactive obligation, which was causing those issues. We are using Nexthink finder, which will give proactive information about the applications or services, which are causing our system to perform badly. We investigate and we find resolutions. We are approaching all endpoints and resolving those issues, even before a user is raising a request. Basically, the product allows us to be proactive and deal with problems before users even know there are problems.

What is most valuable?

The aspects related to IT analytics were good. Previously in our organization, we were not using any tools for maintaining our IT-related issues. Once this application was implemented in our organization, we were able to find lots of issues, and we became more proactive and resolve issues proactively in our environment.

The initial setup is very simple.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use better automation and less coding. Since I am part of the administrative background, I'm not completely into the development side. I'm not well versed in coding.

For example, if we take a UiPath as an application, even a non-coding person can use UiPath to create a code, without even having knowledge in coding. Similar to that, if there could be an option in Nexthink that could help administrative people so that they could work without being dependant on developers, that would be ideal.

We are using this application for a graphical representation as well, for our internal review purpose. I'd like to see different templates. If they include more in the next release, that would help us to give a representation in a different way, that would be helpful. If they offered infographics as part of reporting, it would help us provide information to our leadership and IT teams.

We've used the solution for four years now.

We were using a smaller hardware configuration, and, after the implementation, we increased our hardware configuration to a minimum of 8GB of RAM. Overall, we are not facing any issues.

We have 10 people who are dedicated to working on Nexthink. However, we use it to cover our entire organization. Most are using it indirectly, not directly.

We haven't faced any issues with scaling.

We were not using any solution previous to implementing this product.

The initial setup is easy. We have only a 10 member team in our organization. That 10 members team is supporting our entire organization and even though we are limited, we didn't find any difficulties in deployment or implementation.

Deployment took around one week since we have lots of endpoints in our organization and we needed some time to verify and validate a CMDB database and update that in the Nexthink.

We have different teams that handle various parts of the organization, and therefore, maintenance is spread out across personnel.

I'm just on the administrative side. I do not have any insights in terms of licensing or pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Nexthink as a good application to use in organizations that need to proactively identify their IT issues. Without disrupting end-users, we can use this application as one of the research or analytical tools to resolve their issues proactively.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been pretty happy with its capabilities.

VK
Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Scalable, feature rich, but more documentation needed

• "All the features of Nexthink are really useful when it comes to providing visibility into the endpoints and the services that we are monitoring, but the most interesting and useful features are the campaign and remote actions."
  • "The solution could provide more training. There should be proper documentation on the solution because even for small issues we have needed to reach out to the support team. The person who is doing all the administration work should have the proper information, but the problem is the documentation is lacking. There is no proper training or documentation available. Nexthink is holding all the information. We want to learn, but you can not without the information."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nexthink for proactive monitoring of the performance of services on our endpoints. We are using the on-premise version but we will be moving to the cloud in the near future.

How has it helped my organization?

Nexthink has helped out organizations by reducing the number of level one incidents. That is the most beneficial outcome that we have experienced because we have been more proactive. Whereas before, the user was contacting the help desk. With the new proactive approach, our team is contacting the user and solving the issues instead of them contacting us. We are identifying the major issues before they happen. Proactiveness is the code of the solution.

What is most valuable?

All the features of Nexthink are really useful when it comes to providing visibility into the endpoints and the services that we are monitoring, but the most interesting and useful features are the campaign and remote actions.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Nexthink for approximately five years.

Nexthink is stable. However, they keep releasing the new version every month or maybe twice a month. That is a problem. There should be at some period in which the updates or the upgrade fix the environment enough for it to become stable. For example, we upgraded from one version previously, and then everything is fine. Then you wait another 20 days and then you have to upgrade everything all again. You need to upgrade your server and the client to maintain compatibility and similarity between clients and server. The number of upgrades and updates should be reduced. These small updates should not be as frequent. They should package all the features and then release the big upgrade after five or six months after receiving feedback. They should fix all the major issues and release a stable version rather than releasing a small update and asking us to upgrade every now and then. It is frustrating.

Nexthink is scalable but the problem is finding the information to do it is a challenge. The information is not readily available. If you want to do the scalability on your own, you cannot do it. You do not have the necessary information. You will need to reach out to the vendor and they will do it for you. They are controlling all of the information preventing people from learning on their own.

We have a client where this solution has been deployed that has more than 50,000 users. If I calculated all our client's users together the number would probably be close to 1 million.

We have plans to increase the usage of this solution based upon the number of business use cases that we have.

The technical support is satisfactory but the first level of support needs improvement. They do not have a lot of knowledge and are forwarding the requests to someone else.

The installation is straightforward and not that complex. The whole infrastructure deployment would take two to three hours with two people.

The Nexthink environment is maintained by the administrator team.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the cloud platform. The on-premise solution we are using will be phased out at some point.

I rate Nexthink a seven out of ten.

Gehad Said
Senior Presales Engineer at SELECT
Helps our customers collect, monitor, report, and analyze information about their IT infrastructure

• "Nexthink allows our customers to have visibility into their whole environment and security. And it lets you install the agent as a package for selected users instead of every user. This helps cut down on the delay involved in a bulk installation."
  • "We've had some issues integrating Nexthink with the cloud, so there are some delays in bandwidth, causing it to slow down a little. If they added better integration with the public cloud, I would be more likely to recommend it to customers."

What is our primary use case?

Nexthink is a product for end-users to collect, monitor, report, and analyze information about their IT infrastructure. We recommended it to a customer who wanted to monitor all the end-user infrastructure. Nexthink was a good fit because it allowed them to monitor security and report on the infrastructure from all end-users at all of their branches. Many customers our customers have multiple branches.

How has it helped my organization?

Nexthink allows our customers to have visibility into their whole environment and security. And it lets you install the agent as a package for selected users instead of every user. This helps cut down on the delay involved in a bulk installation.

What is most valuable?

Nexthink helps users improve their security.

What needs improvement?

We've had some issues integrating Nexthink with the cloud, so there are some delays in bandwidth, causing it to slow down a little. If they added better integration with the public cloud, I would be more likely to recommend it to customers. Many of my customers have mostly on-prem infrastructure, whereas our solutions are published on the public cloud Azure Stack. There is one Active Directory on-prem and an additional one on the Azure Stack. So we have a problem replicating the primary Active Directory on Azure Stack. And it's challenging to configure all the customer's infrastructure to work with Nexthink and the additional Active Directory on Azure.

My current job title is senior presales engineer, and I work with primary technology like Dell EMC, VMware, and cloud solutions. I used Nexthink in my previous position last year.

Nexthink's performance is okay. It just depends on the network bundles.

Nexthink is easy to scale, so it's suitable for large businesses.

Nexthink support is slow when we open a new case, and support handles the case with us each time.

Installation is straightforward. It takes about two weeks for a team of two people to build, create, and configure agents for the end-users. So we take around one week to collect the info on their infrastructure and another to complete the configuration.

I think Nexthink saves you money. Our customers have already saved money because they have extensive infrastructure, and Nexthink can handle all that, so it's a good return.

Nexthink offers an introductory price, but when you apply for the renewal license, the price increases.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nexthink eight out of 10. I think Nexthink is a good product, but there are some issues with API integration of devices from vendors, such as VMware, Microsoft, and Dell EMC. If you are thinking of adopting Nexthink. I recommend studying the documentation and all the other materials. The more familiar we are with this product and its features, the more we can recommend it to our clients.