NGA ResourceLink OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is NGA ResourceLink?

NGA ResourceLink HR and Payroll Software helps organizations reduce their costs, save time and improve effectiveness, by enabling them to manage the entire employee lifecycle from recruitment to staff development and succession planning. This is all done with a modern and familiar user experience and powerful reporting capability.

NGA ResourceLink is also known as ResourceLink, NorthgateArinso ResourceLink.

Download the Talent Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

NGA ResourceLink Customers

St Vincents, The British Library

NGA ResourceLink Video

Archived NGA ResourceLink Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user723054
Senior Systems and Information Analyst with 1,001-5,000 employees
Creates user defined screens, which are then reportable

What is most valuable?

The ability to create user defined screens, which are then reportable. This allows us to capture specialised information that wouldn't necessarily be considered core HR data for most organisations.

Also, as a university, the ability to produce our HESA return using the dedicated module is invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

The ability to create custom menus and tasks, then tie these down to workflows has helped immensely. This allows us to guide users through specific screens and authorisation chains to ensure records are created and updated correctly the first time.

What needs improvement?

Flexibility in terms of customisation does come at the expense of ease of use. It is not the easiest system to manage from a system administrator point of view. Whilst obviously not unmanageable, you will need to develop expertise in teams to manage the back end of the system internally within the organisation.

It has been in use for around seven years.

We host internally and have experienced issues with server stability, but this is an internal issue. The system itself is stable.

Not yet, however licences must be bought in sets of 5000, which means should we go over our employee limit, it will be at considerable cost should we only go over slightly.

Scalability in terms of system functionality has not been an issue for us.

Questionable at best, recently. We have experienced issues with patches and installation of additional modules, which has caused delays on some projects and meant senior managers of the school have had to be involved in escalating issues.

Day to day, however, the support is quite good with online chats and call logging available.

I can't answer this as it is quite before my time in the organisation.

Again, I unfortunately cannot answer.

I'm afraid discussions around the actual pricing and licensing is held at a more senior level and am not party to these discussions.

Again, I unfortunately cannot answer.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware of additional costs for functionality. For example, the interface module for loading data via CSV is an additional cost, as is the pensions module and online time sheets functionality amongst others.

I'd advise being very clear about what you want the system to do and what that will involve in terms of licensing. The systems is adaptable but can require additional licences for that.

it_user723072
HR Systems Consultant at a government with 201-500 employees
MyView and Auto Enrolment are helpful though setup was complex and required much consultation

What is most valuable?

MyView. It's easy to configure (at least some aspects) such as the authorisation process. Auto Enrolment is also excellent as you can automate letters and templates.

How has it helped my organization?

Enables line management ownership and authorisation, plus RSS provides real time management information.Leave Management needs to be significantly enhanced and AC's need to be trained fully on the product. One SME here and there isn't enough as the module is currently so complex to configure

What needs improvement?

Leave Management needs to be significantly enhanced and ACs need to be trained fully on the product. One SME here and there isn't enough, as the module is currently so complex to configure.

Local government support and viability needs to be looked into as RL can't deal with the many and complex Green Book rules.

Eight years.

Yes, but it works better when hosted by NGA. Servers need to be dedicated to RL. Also, the configuration consultant didn't complete everything so it crashed regularly when last used.

Leave Management is underestimated.

Technical support guys are good but it can take a while to resolve a call. Online chat isn't very good as, invariably, the call is logged for technical support and online chat only acts as a triage with no technical ability.

Not personally, but the previous company I contracted for did and they switched for the self service and online payslip facility.

Initial set up was straightforward to a certain degree, but only with the guidance of the AC. Leave Management was a mess as the AC didn't know this module. Also the LGPS with Auto Enrolment was a shambles with many hours and weeks wasted trying to get this to operate correctly (also involved two data migrations and re-migrations).

Licencing is fine but be aware of the grades and make sure you think about archiving old void records etc., as the history can easily push you into another price band for licences. Also, be realistic about costs and ensure your SLA and PID cover all costs, including training, and that there are no hidden surprises.

My previous company looked at Sage HRMS and MidlandHR.

What other advice do I have?

Get your procurement template correct. Be realistic about costs as HR/payroll systems are not always as cheap as you think they are. Be very vigilant in your PID or FNFR documentation to ensure the supplier is aware of all of your requirements, including any complex reports. Make sure you cover costs for training. Spend time planning before just rushing out to buy this product. Get NGA to give you a realistic demo rather than the glossy sales pitch, and finally, make sure you have a consistent PM. We went through 4 PMs in the end and there was no joining up so you find yourself repeating everything, and nothing gets resolved quickly. Ensure you have regular contact and meetings between your company and NGA.

Find out what your peers are saying about NGA Human Resources, SAP, Workday and others in Talent Management. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user717252
HR Systems Analyst at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
​Creates Accountability For Data Entered Into The System By Employees And Managers

What is most valuable?

MyView, as this allows our employee population access to the self-service facility.

How has it helped my organization?

Employees and managers are now accountable for data which is entered into the system. We have also automated a number of processes which adds efficiency to the business.

What needs improvement?

Their product is not overly intuitive when setting up new processes, but MyView is very easy to use.

You need to know a bit about the system before setting up new processes as there are not too many user guides available on the NGA extranet. There is a chat facility available, but it depends on to whom you speak. Some of the NGA team are more knowledgeable than others. It does take some time to familiarise yourself with ResourceLink, but once you understand the logic, it does make sense.

Just over two years. My company has used it for almost four years.

We are hosted, and at times, the system is unavailable but these occasions are rare.

An eight out of 10. There has been a big improvement over the last two years.

When I joined the company, they were already using ResourceLink.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

Not available.

Not available.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend ResourceLink and it is a highly customisable solution to any organisation, but they would need to employ a System Analyst to fully implement the system due to the size and complexities.

Product Categories
Talent Management
Download our free Talent Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about NGA Human Resources, SAP, Workday, and more!