NGINX App Protect is #1 ranked solution in top API Security tools
, #5 ranked solution in Container Security Solutions
, and #13 ranked solution in top Web Application Firewalls
. IT Central Station users give NGINX App Protect an average rating of 8 out of 10.
NGINX App Protect is most commonly compared to AWS WAF:NGINX App Protect vs AWS WAF
. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a
computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is NGINX App Protect?
NGINX App Protect application security solution combines the efficacy of
advanced F5 web application firewall (WAF) technology with the agility and performance of
NGINX Plus. The solution runs natively on NGINX Plus and addresses some
of the most difficult challenges facing modern DevOps environments:
- Integrating security controls directly into the development automation pipeline
- Applying and managing security for modern and distributed application environments such as containers and microservices
- Providing the right level of security controls without impacting release and go-to-market velocity
- Complying with security and regulatory requirements
NGINX App Protect offers:
- Expanded security beyond basic signatures to ensure adequate controls
- F5 app‑security technology for efficacy superior to ModSecurity and other WAFs
- Confidently run in “blocking” mode in production with proven F5 expertise
- High‑confidence signatures for extremely low false positives
- Increases visibility, integrating with third‑party analytics solutions
- Integrates security and WAF natively into the CI/CD pipeline
- Deploys as a lightweight software package that is agnostic of underlying infrastructure
- Facilitates declarative policies for “security as code” and integration with DevOps tools
- Decreases developer burden and provides feedback loop for quick security remediation
- Accelerates time to market and reduces costs with DevSecOps‑automated security
NGINX App Protect is also known as NGINX WAF, NGINX Web Application Firewall.
Download the Web Application Firewall (WAF) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021
NGINX App Protect Video