NICE Robotic Automation Overview

NICE Robotic Automation is the #18 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to UiPath: NICE Robotic Automation vs UiPath

What is NICE Robotic Automation?

NICE Robotic Automation is allowing organizations to reinvent customer service in the back office and the contact center. Automation offers an immediate reduction of administrative costs for a quick return on your investment. With robots able to perform tasks four to five times faster than a human, NICE Robotic Automation enables quicker turnaround times for customer requests and improved service-level agreements (SLAs). Routine processes are completed flawlessly every time, reducing the need to allocate time for making corrections. NICE Robotic Automation is highly scalable, so a center's processing power can increase when demand does.

NICE Robotic Automation Buyer's Guide

Download the NICE Robotic Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

NICE Robotic Automation Customers

HelpLine, Telefonica Spain, Banca Popolare Di Sondrio

NICE Robotic Automation Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NICE Robotic Automation pricing:
  • "As per my understanding, UiPath has a much lesser cost than NICE, but I am not sure."

Group RPA & AI Platform Manager at Thomas Cook
Automating customer-facing processes has saved us considerable money and increased sales and customer satisfaction

What is our primary use case?

We use unattended automation for the bulk of our contact center processes and our financial shared-service center. We don't have attended robots, although they're on our roadmap for the next three months. We use it on-premise, currently, but we are moving, over the next two or three months, to Amazon AWS.

• "NICE is one of the only vendors that does attended and unattended out-of-the-box. Using the unattended processes we've been able to build a "feature library." We break each process down into workable chunks that we can save into a big library. The next time we come to automate a task, we already have chunks of that automation built."
  • "The one thing I'd like to see, and NICE is already heavily investing in it, is improvement in the user interface itself. They call it the Designer and it's what the developers use. It is a bit clunky; that is the polite way to put it. I'd like to see it be a bit more user-friendly, a bit more intuitive, and to move to something a bit more web-based..."

What other advice do I have?

Listen to people who have the experience, guys that have gone through it; guys like us at Thomas Cook who didn't know on day one how to do this, at all. Also, do research online, read all the horror stories of things that have gone wrong and believe them. Take your time at the beginning and make sure you do a proof of concept on something small or a series of small initiatives, rather than going in for the big fish on day one. Find your footings, get the foundations there, and then build on that. Think big but start small and scale fast. In terms of lessons learned, it's been such a big…
Business Readiness & Continuous Improvement Support Manager at Swinton
The agent-guidance system we've built has resulted in huge savings and a higher NPS

What is our primary use case?

We use it for agent guidance. This is a system that pops up throughout the call and helps them guide the conversation with the customer and makes sure they say what they need to say, in terms of regulatory stuff. That's especially true when they're selling product. It is used all the time by all the agents who are on the phone. We use the RTI software for other parts of the business as well. That's in development at the moment. We're working on the functionality to do things like auto notes or to mute the call when they're taking card details.

• "What we've done with the RTI client is that we've brought it into a bit more of a 21st-century feel. Our agents have the ability to move around when they want, click into stuff. They use it according to how their conversations go with the customer."
  • "[During the upgrade] any issues, where it couldn't remotely connect to upgrade, I needed the floor plan so I could go to that PC and have a look at it. Often it was either that the PC was switched off or had a bug or some other application needed to be reset."

What other advice do I have?

For me, personally, the biggest lesson I've learned from using NICE is about how having certain IT software can really enhance performance, and I had never really thought of it that way. We can use the system to get through to making a sale, but I never really thought that it could actually enhance the agents' thought process, their journey, and how they speak to customers. That's been a big lesson for me. In terms of advice, be open-minded. We just told them what we would like it to do, and went out there with a bit of a blue-sky thought process: If we could have anything, what would it do…
Learn what your peers think about NICE Robotic Automation. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GS
RPA Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Easy to deploy and lets you create all required features, but needs better GUI, better connectivity, and more online information

What is our primary use case?

We used NICE for the back office. Our company has now integrated UiPath, and currently, we are using UiPath.

• "It is easy to deploy. To do the automation in NICE, you really need to use your programming expertise. There are no inbuilt features in it, and you have to create all the required features, which can be very interesting for a programmer."
  • "Its connectivity with other applications should be improved. In the version that I was using, it would just stop interacting with the other application. Its graphical interface should also be improved. It should have a user-friendly interface. Sometimes, people find it very difficult to understand. One of the obstacles that I faced while programming was that if I needed any kind of help, there wasn't much content on the internet. It can be very difficult to find a solution for a particular issue."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend UiPath over NICE. I would rate NICE Robotic Automation a six out of ten.
MG
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable and excels at individual automation specific to a role, but expensive to scale and lacks autonomous automation and a lot of enterprise features

What is our primary use case?

It is a kind of desktop automation. It is for user-initiated and very specific automation, almost like macros. We have its latest version.

• "It is a kind of desktop automation. Its licensing model is a little bit different. It tends to be individual automation specific to a role. It excels at that."
  • "We haven't found it to be as powerful as some of the other platforms. From a true RPA perspective, it is pretty far behind some of the other solutions. It has emerged as a more desktop automation kind of tool, but it lacks a lot of enterprise features. It is not really a true RPA because of its licensing, which is kind of user-initiated. It would be nice it can be deployed at a more enterprise licensing model versus a user-based model. It didn't have autonomous automation so far, and they have just released this feature. They have kind of hodgepodged a bunch of products together to get there, but it is not as seamless as other solutions."

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution. I would advise others to look at a different solution. It is far behind other competitors in terms of a true RPA and lacks a lot of enterprise features. It does not have autonomous automation. I would rate NICE Robotic Automation a five out of ten. It has a purpose, and it has a place. It is fine for what it does.