Nokia Ethernet Service Switch OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch is #24 ranked solution in top Ethernet Switches. IT Central Station users give Nokia Ethernet Service Switch an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nokia Ethernet Service Switch is most commonly compared to Huawei Ethernet Switches:Nokia Ethernet Service Switch vs Huawei Ethernet Switches. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 42% of all views.
What is Nokia Ethernet Service Switch?

The Nokia 7450 Ethernet Service Switch (ESS) family of Carrier Ethernet switch routers is designed to deliver advanced Carrier Ethernet services. It also provides the ideal platform for the metro Ethernet aggregation of fixed and mobile networks.

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch was previously known as Nokia ESS, Nokia 7450 Ethernet Service Switch, Nokia 7450 ESS.

Download the Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nokia Ethernet Service Switch pricing:
  • "The price of the solution is very competitive in comparison with that of the competition."

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch Reviews

TM
CTO at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
A stable solution which is competitively priced and offers good support

• "On several occasions we encountered major issues with the solution and have found the Nokia technical support to be quite supportive."
  • "I would prefer that all the licenses be open for our use."

What is our primary use case?

We are using 7210 Service Access Switch, also 7360 ISAM FX-4 and it's small box 7362 ISAM DF-16.

How has it helped my organization?

7210 SAS help transformed our legacy network to an MPLS based services and improved the network performance and availability.

7360 ISAM help us deliver fiber network to end user more effectively.

What is most valuable?

As I have yet to use different OLTs I find it difficult to make a comparison of the features I find most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have an unified monitoring system, while Nokia have different monitoring system for different product, we find it to be quite troublesome.

I also would prefer that all the licenses be open for our use. This would obviate the need to purchase individual licenses for each feature.

I have been using the Nokia Ethernet Service Switch product for around five years.

Overall, the solution is quite stable so far. I would only state that we have encountered certain issues with it, although these can likely be ascribed to high temperature in an outdoor cabinet.

Distribution involves around 200 SAS & OLT. This means that we do not put the OLT in a centralized location but distribute them near our customers.

The price of the solution is very competitive in comparison with that of the competition.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is a good product from a well established brand. While I am not in a position to compare it to Huawei or ZTE, as I have not made use of these products, I do know that its price is very competitive.

I rate Nokia Ethernet Service Switch as an eight out of ten.