Norton Security Premium OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Norton Security Premium is #11 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. IT Central Station users give Norton Security Premium an average rating of 10 out of 10. Norton Security Premium is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint:Norton Security Premium vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is Norton Security Premium?

The more connected you are and the more your personal information is out there, the more security you need. Do you watch videos or shop on your tablet? Use your smartphone to pay bills or check your balances? Your personal information is in multiple places. Keep it private across all of them. Norton Security Premium provides one easy solution to protect your computers, smartphones and tablets, even on multiple operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android and iOS — and Windows 10. Plus, only Norton shows you if that Android app you’re about to download will impact your battery life, has potential privacy risks or contains malware, before you even install it from Google Play.

Norton Security Premium was previously known as Norton Internet Security.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Norton Security Premium Customers

Temple University

Norton Security Premium Video

Archived Norton Security Premium Reviews (more than two years old)

JB
SAP Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
A necessary security step for uncertain files that come from partners or customers

• "With the heightened security around phishing, identity theft, and malware, this is a good product."
  • "It would be helpful for me if this solution works on our cloud backup data."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to do periodic antivirus checks on our machines since we deal with a lot of different applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Right now we are really focusing on security. Not only phishing but with files, so it has really heightened our awareness in terms of what kinds of files we accept, and making sure that they're all clean when we pass them to each other.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to do ad-hoc checks on our software. Every time we load a new software product, we do a virus check using this product.

I also like the fact that it checks files. If we get a ZIP file or some other file type that is unknown, it helps us with doing the virus scan.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful for me if this solution works on our cloud backup data.

This solution is very stable.

We give this product to new employees. It's very scalable.

I have not used the technical support for this product.

The initial setup for this solution was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Norton definitely has a name out there. It's always been a main product that is robust and strong in this area. With the heightened security around phishing, identity theft, and malware, this is a good product. I would certainly shop around, and make sure that you're getting the best product, but, for us, it's been very solid.

For me, this solution does everything that I need it to do. It scans my email or suspicious files before I download them. We receive a lot of different files because there are a lot of file transfers between our partners and customers. We don't know if they've scanned them, so we have to make sure, and it's very good at that. It does the job.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

SL
Senior Manager, IT & Safety with 1-10 employees
Uses resources efficiently during scanning

• "It does not take many resources during scanning."

What is our primary use case?

It's for protecting laptop computers. So far we have no issues. It's good.

How has it helped my organization?

It's easily available off the shelf, whereas for Symantec products you have to go through a vendor. It's not easily available.

What is most valuable?

It does not take many resources during scanning.

More than five years.

The stability is good. We haven't experienced any downtime.

The scalability is good.

We have not needed to use technical support. That's how good it is so far.

We tried a few: Kaspersky, Trend Micro, we used McAfee, we used Norton. We tried them all on our entire fleet of computers. So we were able to see which was most suitable for us. We realized that in terms of ease of use, in terms of resource consumption, Norton is something that is acceptable to us.

For me, the important criterion when selecting a vendor is reputation.

I was involved in the initial setup, and it's not complex at all. It's not complex to manage thereafter, as well. It's very straightforward and easy.

If they could come down in price that would be good. It's not exactly the lowest.

What other advice do I have?

Look at reviews from reputable sources before you decide which endpoint protection solution to procure.

I rate Norton Security Premium at eight out of 10 for the good reviews, for the reputation, and for the way the resources are being consumed during a scan. And because it's easily available off the shelf.