RS
Senior Director at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Multiple hypervisor compatibility, simple upgrades, and reliable

• "One of the main features of the solution is that it works on many hypervisors. It is a big advantage. Additionally, the solution is compatible with VMware and Hyper-V, and the management interface, which is called Prism, is very intuitive and user-friendly."
  • "One disadvantage of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is it doesn't support external storage. Connecting external SAN storage to Nutanix, it's not supported."

What is most valuable?

The solution upgrades very easily with the one-click upgrade feature. There are no hassles, it can upgrade the firmware and all the software. The management is very easy.

What needs improvement?

One disadvantage of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is it doesn't support external storage. Connecting external SAN storage to Nutanix, it's not supported.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately three years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is stable.

The scalability has been good, it is easy to scale.

The technical support has been good.

The solution is easy to install.

The price of the solution could improve. Nutanix has recently changed its pricing model from perpetual to subscription. They have identified there are challenges with the pricing model.

The technical support we have as part of the package we purchased.

What other advice do I have?

If that a customer wants hypervisors flexibility, simplicity, scalability, and a price advantage over VMware, Nutanix is a good choice that they should consider.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS an eight out of ten.

PJ
Global Manager at a mining and metals company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Flexible, stable, and simple installation

• "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is flexible and has helped people to work from home during the pandemic."
  • "The productivity and work efficiency of Nutanix Acropolis AOS could improve."

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is flexible and has helped people to work from home during the pandemic.

What needs improvement?

The productivity and work efficiency of Nutanix Acropolis AOS could improve.

In the future, the solution could improve by having more cloud features.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for two and a half years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS has been stable.

I have found Nutanix Acropolis AOS to be scalable.

We have approximately 400 users using this solution in my organization.

We have never had any major critical issues, we have not had the need to use the support.

I have previously used VxRail and it is very similar to Nutanix Acropolis AOS.

The initial setup was client-based and it was easy.

The cost of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

By deploying this solution you will receive the best results compared to other HCI solutions.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AG
Senior Program Officer at a non-profit with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reseller
Integrates well, simple to manage, and high quality support

• "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, integrates with other hardware configurations, and is simple to manage."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for running applications.

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, integrates with other hardware configurations, and is simple to manage.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

I have found the solution reliable.

The solution is easy to scale and upgrade.

We have approximately 30 clients using this solution.

The technical support is excellent for Nutanix, they are very responsive.

The installation difficulty depends on the environment but it typically is simple.

There is a license required for this solution and my clients usually purchase a two-year license with extended support. The price of the solution could be reduced, it is more expensive than competitors. You are able to receive some discounts if you meet certain criteria that make the price more comparable to others. However, the discounts tend to be difficult to qualify for.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a nine out of ten.

VIJETH HEGDE
    Technical Manager at ISIT AE FZ LLC
    Reseller
    Effective AHV feature, stable, and simple to install

What is our primary use case?

We use Nutanix Acropolis AOS as an HCI platform.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature I have found to be the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV).

What needs improvement?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS could improve by adding some NAS features, similar to the ones that are available in the NetApp solution.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately five years.

The solution provides good stability.

The solution is scalable, most of our customers are enterprise companies.

We have received good technical support. However, they do not…

What is our primary use case?

We use Nutanix Acropolis AOS as an HCI platform.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature I have found to be the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV).

What needs improvement?

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately five years.

The solution provides good stability.

The solution is scalable, most of our customers are enterprise companies.

We have received good technical support. However, they do not support all partners the same, it is difficult for some to get involved.

This version of the solution is easy to install compared to the previous one. Additionally, configuring data storage, such as EMC or NetApp, has become a lot easier.

The price of the solution is high.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is one o the top platforms in its class.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS an eight out of ten.

Dominique Pasquier
    Directeur Technique at INFONECS
    Simplifies storage, integrates well, and facilitates clustering of systems

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Nutanix for virtualization and Kubernetes.

How has it helped my organization?

Simplifying storage is a huge benefit, but the real gain is complete integration. Nutanix gives you the ability to benefit from the clustering system. For example, you can "clusterize" your file-sharing VM.

What is most valuable?

Karbon is a must-have as it drastically simplifies the deployment of Kubernetes.

What needs improvement?

In the licensing, it needs to be clear about features because it is not clear whether Flow is integrated or not.

We have been using Nutanix for one year.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Nutanix for virtualization and Kubernetes.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

We have been using Nutanix for one year.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am Both a user of Nutanix because our business run on it, and I install some Nutanix CLusters for our customers.
    Download our free Nutanix Acropolis AOS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.