Nutanix Prism Pro Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of Nutanix Prism Pro competitors and alternatives
Real UserTop 5
Jul 12, 2020
Offers an extremely intuitive interface, but at the same time it manages to offer a level of control over all the underlying infrastructure that no other product provides
What is our primary use case?I currently use Prism in my work. All of our work is done within this environment as we also use AHV as the primary hypervisor. It was a resounding change since we migrated from vSphere and vCenter as a truly incredible level of simplification is achieved. One of the great advantages of Prism is its vision at a glance of our entire environment, be it a cluster of three or four nodes or hundreds of them. Finding what you are looking for or visualizing a problem is just a matter of a few clicks, so simple.
Pros and Cons
- "One of the great advantages is that it offers an extremely intuitive interface, but at the same time it manages to offer a level of control over all the underlying infrastructure that no other product provides. Options like One-CLick Update make the tool worthwhile on its own, as well as detailed performance metrics for each component in real time."
- "Perhaps the only point I see as an improvement would be the support of multiple languages in the environment. One of the few things within which I see an improvement point could be the inclusion of multilanguage in the environment."
What other advice do I have?Undoubtedly a world-class solution in the administration of hyperconverged environments.
Techical Lead at Aristocrat Technologies
Real UserTop 5
Jul 13, 2020
improves the quality and efficiency of IT operations for the modern datacenter
What is our primary use case?I know very well that when I was started with my organization with VMware Hypervisor solution for virtualization but we were facing very frequent and unforeseen issues with VMware and due to this outage on hosted services and servers means end-user productivity loss and indirectly loss on the business. Then later on time, we came to know about the Nutanix and its interesting features, and the HA features attracted to us to use the Nutanix as a hypervisor solution in our company. Now when we are using, our lives have been easy
Pros and Cons
- "Nutanix Prism Pro improves the quality and efficiency of IT operations for the modern datacenter. Powered by the machine learning and task automation, Prism Pro intelligently optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and enables the IT team to automate operations tasks with ease and confidence."
- "I think the Prism Center needs to include more functions. I know that they're including the Nutanix Era, which is the database management and disaster recovery tool. I think that Era should include everything on a single tool where you can manage everything you need inside your organization."
What other advice do I have?Keep improving and including customer demands and make nutanix more powerful HCI solution.
Multiple automations and self-explanatory dashboards have enabled the overall operations load on my team to come down considerably
What is our primary use case?We have two different clusters in the environment one is an all flash cluster of 40 nodes and other one is a hybrid cluster of 4 nodes and are on the way to introduce another all flash cluster of 9 nodes in the environment. All the clusters have VMs as well as file servers hosted in them. Managing multiple clusters with mix of VMs and file servers by logging into multiple console will lead to additional operations overhead and also can cause delay in incident resolution as operations team will have to login to particular management console and carry out the remediation activities.
Pros and Cons
- "Moreover, the deployment process was so easy and smooth that post rack and stack and management IP configuration, it just took less than 2 days to configure the cluster of 40 nodes, upgrade the firmware, create file service and VM space and integrate with our infrastructure."
- "It will be better if they can extend this to non-AHV hypervisors and also non-Nutanix clusters so that people who need this feature but can not goto HCI currently can make use of this product."
Network Engineer at North Vancouver School District #44
Real UserTop 10
Jul 14, 2020
The Capacity Runway feature analyzes trends from the past and predicts future growth
What is our primary use case?We leverage virtualization most of all. Prior to this, we had 5 virtual hosts using 4 SANs and dedicated network resources. Our back up solution for this was also a bit clunky as we had to back everything up daily so we had a disaster recovery in the event that we lost a SAN due to hardware failure. Our hardware had aged us and was in need of replacing. Having 4 nodes in our cluster allows us to have replication and if 1 node fails that is no data loss but in an entire san fails that falls into disaster territory
Pros and Cons
- "Prism Pro has given us a central administration of our entire virtual environment. Everything can be managed and updated through Prism. Being able to turn features on and off with one slide of the mouse is such a great feature. It allows us to manage storage and containers as well as the actual machines through one pane of glass. No need for any additional software. Pulse is in my opinion is one of the best features. Having the cluster monitor itself and notify support of any issues is a plus plus."
- "I would like to see a P2V feature like Move or Xtract. The interface for migrating from one VM infrastructure to another is one of the best but going from a physical machine to a Nutanix VM is a bit too challenging."