Nutanix Prism Overview

Nutanix Prism is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Virtualization Management Tools. It is most often compared to Zabbix: Nutanix Prism vs Zabbix

What is Nutanix Prism?

Nutanix makes infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. The Nutanix enterprise cloud platform leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. The result is predictable performance, cloud-like infrastructure consumption, robust security, and seamless application mobility for a broad range of enterprise applications.

Download the Virtualization Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Nutanix Prism Customers

JetBlue, International Speedway Corporation, SAIC Volkswagen

Nutanix Prism Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nutanix Prism pricing:
  • "This product is cheaper than using VMware."
  • "Compared to VMware, the price of this solution is great."

Vishwambhar Bandal
Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Simple to upgrade, no downtime, and the performance flow charts are excellent

• "The Clone and Snapshot features are two of the most valuable aspects of the solution for our organization. Rather than simply one-click automation the Snapshot and reverse Snapshot are great."
  • "The solution could be a bit more user-friendly. The dashboard and configuration should be much easier to use."

What other advice do I have?

We aren't using the latest version of the solution. It might be the latest minus one. The bank always goes for a minus version and not the latest version because of some compliance-related issues related to bank policies. I'd recommend the solution. It's quite good. As an alternative, VxRail is also a good option. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm very happy with this product. My workload is currently running on production on a Nutanix box, and it is working absolutely fine. There are no issues. It offers good performance and optimization. It's resilient.
Mohammed Khorshed  Alam
Senior Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable and easy to manage with good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our government agency. They use the solution to provide support recruitment, job solutions, and job vacancy training, etc.

• "The pricing is very good if you compare it to other competitors."
  • "It would be ideal if there was more of a community around the solution so that it would be easier to learn things about the solution from other users."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. We're not a direct customer of Nutanix. We mostly handle support of the solution. I'm still learning about the resolution. I'm going through training manuals and picking up what I can. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. Overall, it's been good. I'm still getting used to it though.
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, VMware, Dell EMC and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ShadabBatlawala
VMware Administrator at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good support, competitively-priced, and fast performance

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nutanix Prism with our Linux systems.

• "Nutanix Prism is very fast compared to VMware and whatever you need to do, you can do it quickly."
  • "Nutanix does not support all of the Linux distributions, so we have to use VMware in some cases."

What other advice do I have?

Nowadays, I recommend that people use Nutanix Prism. I have been using Nutanix for two years and feel that it is very good compared to VMware. I spent six years working with VMware and am more comfortable with Nutanix. They are very supportive. My only complaints about Nutanix are that downtime is required more often and the issue with resource limitations when clustering. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Rony Chamoun
Technical Lead at BMB
Enables use of multiple operating systems; data duplication and compression work in a hybrid solution

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that provides services to our clients so the solution is not deployed in our company. I've deployed Nutanix in multiple environments. When deploying Nutanix, Prism is installed automatically when you create a cluster. It assists in monitoring and managing the solution. We're service providers, selling and deploying the solution to our customers. We partner with Nutanix and I'm a technical leader.

• "Duplication and compression work for data in a hybrid solution."
  • "No integration of commands to manage AHV."

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product, easy to deploy and very stable. Even if you are using VMware or Hyper V or AHV on Nutanix, it's very stable. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
MC
IT Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
The synchronization between our data centers is great and it's very functional in case of a failure

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Nutanix Prism for storage.

• "I am very satisfied with the technical support."
  • "Perhaps the interface can be more intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I will rate this solution an eight. What I'd like to see in the next release, is for it to be open to other platforms. That would be great, because now it's only available on Mac, IBM and Dell. Perhaps wide-open hardware would be great. In the past we used to get alarms and an detector. Sometimes the messages you get from a problem doesn't point directly to the origin of the problem. So you have to elaborate some things for having a conclusion on what is failing. Perhaps they can improve this entire process, from beginning to the end, where you find a solution. In…
Erwing Izquierdo Morales
Data Center Coordinator at Vocem
The server is self-managed in an efficient way, it solves possible logical errors to maintain production without interruptions

• "Everything has been valuable, without a doubt the server is self-managed with Prism in an efficient way, it solves possible logical errors to maintain production without interruptions, it's great."
  • "Each era every year, new economies arise and ways to develop the platform to improve both the interface with the end-user and to make the main load more flexible to the specialized user of the platform."
JigneshGamdha
Enterprise Cloud Architect at Inspira
Multi-access login, simplified management, impressive GUI and dashboard

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators working on multiple HCI solutions. Our clients are using this solution for single data storage virtualization and computing, which includes centralized reporting. Customers can access these reports, and based on their reports they can go for further upgrades or migrated workloads.

• "The GUI and the dashboard are impressive. I like that you can modify the GUI and the dashboard as per your requirements."
  • "The automation needs to be improved, as there are several challenges."

What other advice do I have?

Three important things will minimize the number of people required to run your center. * Multi-Access Login. * Simplified Management. * System administration. I would also suggest going with Prism Pro. You will get more features, and with the Normal Nutanix Prism, you are getting limited features. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
MS
Senior System Administrator at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good micro-segmentation, automation, and central management

What is our primary use case?

We have several sites that we manage centrally using Nutanix Prism.

• "By using virtualization, we are saving on the cost of hardware."
  • "I would like to have some cluster management tools included."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product is a good choice. You get a lot of features at a lower price. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
See 8 more Nutanix Prism Reviews
Download our free Virtualization Management Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, VMware, Dell EMC, and more!