Manas Jain
Director - R&D at Axtria - Ingenious Insights
Promotes collaboration and we can access our documents from anywhere

• "Using Office 365 has allowed us to go digital and onboard people seamlessly for working at home during the COVID pandemic."
  • "Integration with other platforms can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for document management.

We use Sharepoint for managing documents, Teams for collaboration, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook for email management. We also use the document creator for creating internal surveys.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Office 365 has allowed us to go digital and onboard people seamlessly for working at home during the COVID pandemic.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we can access our documents from anywhere. If we aren't using our official laptops, we can still go online to work. I think it helps a lot.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other platforms can be improved. As it is now, it works really well with Azure and other products from Microsoft. However, if you want to integrate something outside of this, especially with Excel, it gives us challenges. There are a lot of use cases in Excel where we want to integrate with other services.

I have been using Office 365 for the past couple of years.

I think that Office 365 is pretty stable. We are using it pretty extensively and I have not encountered any major issues.

I'm pretty sure that this platform is very scalable because now, almost everybody is working from home and using it. We have between 1,500 and 1,600 users who are scattered across geography. Approximately 1,300 are in India and the remainder is spread across the US.

I do not deal with technical support personally, although because we haven't had any major issues, I think that our interaction with them has been smooth.

Prior to using Office 365, we were using the on-premises version.

I would not say that the initial setup is complex. Rather, it is of medium difficulty, somewhere between straightforward and complex.

Once we decided to use Office 365, we were able to onboard people seamlessly. We were able to quickly start working with Team, Skype, and other products.

Our internal IT team took charge of the implementation and deployment. They were able to complete it without assistance. The deployment is now fairly automatic for new people and there is very little time spent on maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, the features are really good, it has made our lives easy, and I highly recommend it.

Microsoft Azure
BL
Certified Adjunct Faculty, School of Engineering and Computing at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Helps with preparing presentations but it should have more tutorials

• "My primary use case is for preparing presentations to teach, often on PowerPoint."
  • "In terms of improvement, it should have tutorials when you first have the opportunity to use it, to be able to really learn it."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for preparing presentations to teach, often on PowerPoint.

What is most valuable?

I don't distinguish them much at all from what I can get to, just with normal software installed at the desktop. For example, the tool called OneNote, I have not used it because I don't see the need to.

What needs improvement?

It can be complex in the beginning.

It is on my HP, I've been using it for over 10 years. I don't actively use it. When I log into a faculty, the user interface takes all of us through a portal where Office 365 is the access to Office software. For regular desktop use, I've been using it for three years because I have it on my HP laptop. I am currently using it.

It's on the cloud because no matter what I did with it, saved files would be available on different machines, and sometimes it would be a way to work on PowerPoint and then pull them from that environment when I was at school.

I haven't seen it fail, in any kind of regard.

I didn't use anything that's similar to it. Just a device where all of the software has been individually installed.

The initial setup was not too complex.

It didn't take any time. It just happened to be working from when I first connected, I did not have to do anything.

On my HP laptop, it came with the computer and it was supported by acquiring a license. I update with a license through Best Buy, for the software itself for the MS Access or for Word. Now with my school, the only way to be aware of Office 365 is when logged in as a faculty. Then we're using the software that they have provided and it's through a connection. It's not on the machine.

What other advice do I have?

Learn a bit before you try to use it. If you are going to experience the best features of it, get to know it first. Don't just ignore it.

I would rate it a six out of ten. I use it minimally.

Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
YV
Executive Director - India Region at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up, well bundled applications, and very stable

• "I love all of the applications being interlinked. I do not have to separately work on an independent system when it comes to file storage, email, and other tools."
  • "I started working a lot on Microsoft Teams and I find it a bit vast. It should be divided out a bit so that someone can use it for basic functionality, like audio, video, and calls. Then, if someone wants more advanced functionality for file sharing and team creation, and so on, they could use a separate app."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for office communication.

What is most valuable?

Everything about the solution is useful.

Outlook is great. We like that there's SharePoint connectivity. The OneDrive is amazing.

I love all of the applications being interlinked. I do not have to separately work on an independent system when it comes to file storage, email, and other tools.

It's great that there's also one single sign-on and all features are available.

What needs improvement?

I started working a lot on Microsoft Teams and I find it a bit vast. It should be divided out a bit so that someone can use it for basic functionality, like audio, video, and calls. Then, if someone wants more advanced functionality for file sharing and team creation, and so on, they could use a separate app. I would prefer it as separate options (advanced vs basic). Currently, it is all bundled in one big product and it's confusing.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point.

The stability of the solution is good. The functionality is never affected by bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or crash. After using it for more than two years, we haven't had a problem.

The scalability of the solution is good. We've never had any issues with it.

Although we haven't contacted Microsoft's technical support for this solution, my past experience with them was largely positive. Generally, they are very quick to respond if we need help.

The initial setup was not complex. It was very straightforward. We were online in a matter of minutes.

Deployment has taken about two and a half years.

We didn't need the assistance of an integrator or reseller to help us set anything up. It's cloud-based so it's easy.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution to others. They should just take the product and start using it. It's fantastic having everything in one place.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

VG
Solution Manager at Softtek
Good integration between products in the suite, and I can do my work from anywhere

• "I like that it is cloud-based, wherefrom any computer I can access my documents and continue working."
  • "I would like to see the macro functionality in Excel made simpler."

What is our primary use case?

I use Office 365 for a variety of things including sending emails to customers and colleagues, creating PowerPoint presentations, using Excel, and using Access.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration, where all of the modules are talking to each other.

I like that it is cloud-based, wherefrom any computer I can access my documents and continue working. Even if my computer is down or something has happened to it, I can use another computer for work.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the macro functionality in Excel made simpler.

Excel should be made more intelligent in terms of being able to figure out data types. For example, it should understand that if I have 16,000 records, it should know the datatype of each of the columns. There might be numbers, dates, and other types of data, and it should be able to recognize these based on context. If this were the case then it would make things easier for me.

I would like to see Azure artificial intelligence available in Office 365 so that it is available to everyone.

I have been using Office 365 for the past three years.

The stability is great. I have never faced any such issues. If I load too much into PowerPoint then it will slow down a little bit, but nothing like the old desktop version. When I was using the desktop version of Office, it would hang. The cloud version is far more stable.

Office 365 is scalable, although collaboration has to happen through SharePoint. I would say that it can scale to large, global enterprises very easily.

I have never spoken to technical support for Microsoft Office. I have never had a problem that needed it.

The initial setup is easy because it's online. You pay for it and you get it, and that's it.

I think that we pay $9.99 USD per user, monthly. There are yearly packages available.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

NorbertGuez
Solution Architect & Cloud Architect & Project Manager at papaya global

• "If you have a global solution, you can go from one product to the other very easily. And then you can share data between all the different tools of Office which is good because participation and sharing is very good. That's the most important aspect of Office 365."
  • "A need that a company like ours has is that we want to be able to have data flow into one tool, for example, for all the management of tasks through the company and workflow of who is doing what and so on. There are no real solutions for this at the moment in Office 365. It would be nice if they could implement this in the next release, so we can have one solution from one company giving us the whole data and flow of data into the company."

What is most valuable?

If you have a global solution, you can go from one product to the other very easily. And then you can share data between all the different Office tools which is good because participation and sharing is very good. That's the most important aspect of Office 365.

I have been using Office 365 for four years.

We don't have any problems with scalability. We have around 150 users.

We have an internal IT support team. So we send any problem to IT support and they contact Microsoft if needed.

I'm not the one doing the setup, so I don't know exactly how long it takes and if it was difficult, but I think it went quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it because it's rather user friendly and we don't have any particular problems. I would recommend it to a company without a problem.

A need that a company like ours has is that we want to be able to have data flow into one tool, for example, for all the management of tasks through the company and workflow of who is doing what and so on. There are no real solutions for this at the moment in Office 365. It would be nice if they could implement this in the next release, so we can have one solution from one company giving us the whole data and flow of data into the company.

I would rate Office 365 an eight out of ten.

Azza Siddiqui
CMO at Neusol
Easy to set up and it integrates well with mobile devices

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Office 365 is productivity, such as email.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration between net and mobile devices.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the synchronization between the desktop and online is a little bit slow. Office 365 would be improved if the CRM integration were better.

I have been working with Office 365 for the past five years.

We have not experienced any bugs or glitches.

Scalability has not been a problem.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

How was the

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Office 365 is productivity, such as email.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration between net and mobile devices.

What needs improvement?

Office 365 would be improved if the CRM integration were better.

I have been working with Office 365 for the past five years.

We have not experienced any bugs or glitches.

Scalability has not been a problem.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and one that I recommend.

Microsoft Azure
LG
TitleGrowth Equity Associate at a venture capital & private equity firm with 51-200 employees
There's nothing else like it and it has a good feature set

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases are for Word:  I write memos PowerPoint  Pitch decks Excel Financial models.

What is most valuable?

I like all of the features.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, a better help bar would be good. I find it's generally not very helpful and I have to search online.

I have been using Office 365 for twelve years.

It's stable.

It's easy to expand and add new things like Google Docs and new PowerPoints. I use it all the time.

The initial setup was straightforward. The process was short. I did it myself.

What other advice do I

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases are for Word:

• I write memos
  • PowerPoint
  • Pitch decks
  • Excel
  • Financial models.

What is most valuable?

I like all of the features.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Office 365 for twelve years.

It's stable.

It's easy to expand and add new things like Google Docs and new PowerPoints.

I use it all the time.

The initial setup was straightforward. The process was short. I did it myself.

What other advice do I have?

In the next release, I would like to have a more intuitive tutorial.

I would rate Office 365 a ten out of ten. There's nothing else like it.

Sameh Shawky
IT Manager at MAGRABI Agriculture
Scales well and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for email.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Microsoft Exchange.

What needs improvement?

The security should be improved.

I have been using Office 365 for about four years.

It is a stable product.

It is scalable and easy to expand to more users. We have 200 people in our company who are using it.

The technical support is very good.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for email.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Microsoft Exchange.

What needs improvement?

The security should be improved.

I have been using Office 365 for about four years.

It is a stable product.

The technical support is very good.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good product.