Okta Customer Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Okta Customer Identity is #6 ranked solution in top Customer Identity and Access Management tools. IT Central Station users give Okta Customer Identity an average rating of 8 out of 10. Okta Customer Identity is most commonly compared to SecureAuth Identity Platform: Okta Customer Identity vs SecureAuth Identity Platform. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 45% of all views.
What is Okta Customer Identity?

Okta Customer Identity is an identity service that enables frictionless experience, speed-to-market, centralized management, and internet-scale security. Okta Customer Identity is developer friendly and secure with minimal custom code.

Download the Customer Identity and Access Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Okta Customer Identity Customers
FedEx, Adobe, National Geographic, Tyson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Okta Customer Identity pricing:
  • "The price of the solution is fair for what it offers."

Okta Customer Identity Reviews

Joseph Chandrasekaram
Identity Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Offers seamless connection for users; great multifactor authentication

• "The solution has great multifactor authentication."
  • "Users sometimes have difficulty getting verification codes."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a platform for identity and multifactor authentication of the entire platform which is integrated with the active directory so cell phones can be used for multifactor authentication. We have multiple domains and two segregated businesses. We onboard third party applications to Okta and users that need specific applications. The two groups have access to the 11 applications that they need.

What is most valuable?

The key feature of the solution is the multifactor authentication itself. The app provides a seamless way for users from anywhere to be able to connect. It also offers risk intelligence in terms of track analytics which can determine suspicious log-ons and lock them, preventing breaches.

What needs improvement?

There are sometimes issues with the voice authentication methods when users receive calls and they're not able to get the verification codes. That needs to be improved. A troubleshooting dashboard would be helpful in terms of pinpointing issues as opposed to running a search query switch.

I've been using this solution for three years.

In general, stability is good, although occasionally we do encounter issues and need to log a call with Okta support in order to resolve the problem.

This solution is very scalable. We have about 15,000 users globally and several different domains. The solution also provides for cross domain functionality. We've adopted this solution 100%.

Initial technical support is not very responsive, it's only after escalation that we get proper support.

We primarily deployed the Okta servers in the on-prem environment and then we integrate them with our IT Directory. From the Okta side, they configure the kit and perform the  configurations and the IQ. Deployment is quite straightforward. We had around 15 people helping with deployment, some from governance and the others from the our identity and security team. The entire implementation took around six months for our 15,000 users.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to have a good plan in place, identify your needs and make sure you have a good integrator.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

AlessandroPiana
Senior Security Architect South Europe at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good access management that includes passwordless biometric support

• "The most valuable feature of this solution for most customers is access management."
  • "This solution would be improved by adding biometrics features."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for access management, multi-integration, and passwordless access.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution for most customers is access management.

There are also some different views on Biometrics.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved by adding more biometrics features. One example is Cyberside Biometrics.

The technical support is good but needs to improve in their response time.

In the next release, I would like to see biometrics, multi-factor authentication, and to rely more on the mobile or something different on CyberSide.

I have been using this solution for one year.

Normally we deploy it on public Cloud, so it should be scalable.

I have been told that it's quite easy to integrate on Cloud. The scalability then depends on the third-party Cloud provider.

Our latest customers have over two hundred thousand users in a medium-sized company.

The technical support is good but not very responsive regarding my needs in getting details. They are difficult to reach and to get them involved.

I was not a part of the initial setup, but the feedback that I received was that the initial setup was quite straightforward.

Normally we do the implementation ourselves. We are one of the largest integrators worldwide.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to be aware of their current infrastructure.

The integration points have to be very clear to the customer to facilitate the main integration. Otherwise, it makes things very complex.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Okta, SecureAuth, Akamai and others in Customer Identity and Access Management. Updated: October 2021.
543,936 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AmitSingh2
Microsoft Azure Engineer at Sycomp
Straightforward to set up, good technical support, and the pass-through authentication is very useful

• "There is no password hash saved on the cloud, which is the part that I like the most."
  • "I would like to see the provisioning simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for access management and user provisioning. We are also using it for user and group synchronization and as a password for authentication.

What is most valuable?

The pass-through authentication is very useful. You don't have to set up another ADFS. Instead, you can just authenticate your resources for services from the cloud to AD on-premises through the pass-through authentication. There is no password hash saved on the cloud, which is the part that I like the most.

The functioning of Azure AD Connect for both user and group synchronization is very smooth.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the provisioning simplified. When it comes to certain tasks, such as where it is activated on-premises, Azure AD is simpler than Okta.

SSO functionality needs better client support.

I have been working with Okta Customer Identity for two years.

We have had no issues with respect to stability.

The scalability is good.

I have been in touch with the technical support from Okta and they are very good. They answered my questions quickly and supported me very well.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Once we started, we received help from the Microsoft team and it was really good. We were able to complete the installation easily.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

EM
Okta Product Manager at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Many vital functions, stable, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

The main use for the solution is for security. It can provide multifactor authentication to allow more security when accessing server applications or different types of services.

What is most valuable?

I think all the functions of the solution are vital and important because life cycle management is important for some companies. The Single Sign-On feature is fantastic for different customers and advanced server access is really good for access to the servers.

What needs improvement?

All of the governance functionality and privileged account management could be improved.

I have been using the solution for approximately six months.

The stability of the…

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for approximately six months.

The stability of the solution is great.

There are approximately 50 people using the solution in my company.

We have been satisfied with the support for this solution.

I have heard my technical team say the installation is easy.

The price of the solution is fair for what it offers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Okta Customer Identity a nine out of ten.