ABHILASH TH
Managing Director at FOX DATA
Reseller
A simple and perfect solution that has good integration with various platforms and 99.9% uptime

• "Its simplicity and its integration with various vendor-agnostic platforms are the most valuable features."
  • "It can have more API integrations."

What is our primary use case?

We are an authorised reseller partner

What is most valuable?

Its simplicity and integration with various vendor-agnostic platforms are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

API Securities Solution

I have been engaged with Okta for more than 2 years, have seen the latest version.

It is highly stable. They claim 99.9% uptime. We never came accross downtime and performance issues

Okta is not only a single sign-on platform but also Life cycle management, the core of the Identity Management platform. Okta access gateway can publish on-premise legacy applications to the cloud.

They are very good. The Okta system engineers involved in presales engagement have sound knowledge on Okta platforms and IAM in general. What I have noticed personally is that Okta provides them with extensive training before assigning them to the Job. It helps them in understanding the technology well before starting with the job.

Its initial setup is straight forward. Okta tenant creation can be done quickly. Adding users and applications to the okta platform has customer dependabilities. Integration and going live with O365 also takes a little bit more time than other apps because of internal rollout and user training. It is not an Okta problem but needs customer Microsoft teams active involvement

Okta Service Partner

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend a phase-wise approach and not doing everything in one step. You can start with the basics of single sign-on and MFA and then proceed to life cycle management. I would also recommend starting with the lest critical applications and then add critical ones to the SSO platform. It is a journey, and we need to start small and slowly migrate it. Adaptive MFA provides proactive defence against login and credential abuse.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a ten out of ten.

Other
Hichem TALEB-BENDIAB
CDO & Co-Founder at ELYTIK
Very compliant solution, and it is easy to deploy

• "It is dependent on the evolution of your user base. It depends on usage per user, so the more sign-ins there are, the more expensive it becomes, so it works best for smaller companies from a financial perspective."
  • "Therefore, if you have 10 million users, that's almost 100 million, so it is costly."

What is our primary use case?

I am not using the custom identity aspect; I use it only for customers and staff. We wish to sell the customer EIM because, at the moment, they have a SaaS solution. You can use Microsoft Azure to host Workforce Identity.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta is a very compliant solution, and it is easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

It is not very interesting from a marketing perspective. For this, you can use open source solutions to reflect different groups.

Customer EIM is a new concept, and historically we use the customer EIM for the questionnaires or with focus. We have been using it for about 7 years.

It is a stable product.

It is a perfect solution in terms of scalability.

Technical support is excellent.

All the providers of EIM have the same licensing model. If you have 10 million users or customers of Okta, it is just one payment. However, it is costly in this case. The licensing model is unique to each user. Each user costs 10 euros. Therefore, if you have 10 million users, that's almost 100 million, so it is costly. The model is effective, however. Each user's identity is unique. It is cheaper for small companies and organizations, as they have fewer users. It is dependent on the evolution of your user base. It depends on usage per user, so the more sign-ins there are, the more expensive it becomes, so it works best for smaller companies from a financial perspective.

We considered Arribatec, which is a new startup solution in the market.

What other advice do I have?

If you require identity solutions as a service, I would recommend it, but it is dependent on the use case. I would rate this solution 7 out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PG
Information Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to set up, good documentation, and supports YubiKey

• "The support for YubiKey is really good because you don't actually have to type in your username and password."
  • "There are some issues with the interface that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to control access to applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are identity management and OpenID.

At this time, Okta is doing really well and covering every aspect. Everybody in the company knows Okta and how to work with it.

The support for YubiKey is really good because you don't actually have to type in your username and password. Everything is taken care of, automatically.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues with the interface that can be improved.

I have been working with Okta Workforce Identity for more than three years.

The stability is good.

This is a scalable solution and we have more than 10,000 users.

They provide a lot of support but there are still places where we get stuck.

Prior to Okta, we were working with Active Directory.

We are using Azure for authentication and I really like Okta compared to that. Okta is more extensive than the product from Microsoft Azure.

The initial setup is really easy.

We have three people for maintenance.

The price of this product could be lower. It's just like Box, where when it first came on the market the price was lower. Once people started using it, the price increased.

I am looking forward to seeing what Azure Active Directory has to offer. Microsoft is giving Okta competition in terms of pricing and other features.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product but it is not perfect. There are some areas that need improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Arun Kumar V
Manager- IT Operations at Yodlee
Single portal to access and manage applications

What is our primary use case?

Intergated on-prem and cloud applications on multi-tier domains and user identity accessing applications hosted on cross domains. Full fleged automation using AD and Okta groups for app assignment.

Lifecycle Management of apps on our Okta tenant.

How has it helped my organization?

• Central administration of Apps
  • Auto activation of user accounts/ Just-In Time Provisioning
  • Global App availability
  • Less or No Administration required

What is most valuable?

1. Active Directory Sync, as its useful for pre-assigning apps, can also be used for de-provisioning apps for exiting users

2. Shared apps with common password can now be managed centrally without revealing the credentials

3. User and Apps Management

4. Desktop Single Sign On

5. Auto-provisioning

6. Flexibility to integrate In-house applications

7. Password Self Service

8. Support non-domain users

9. Group based app assignment (okta, AD, pushgroup)

10. Adaptive MFA

11. Workflow for app requests

What needs improvement?

Command line access

Reporting

Since 2015

It's very stable we have 99.999% uptime on the base

Very high and secure, we have more than 170+ apps secured for sso

9 out of 10

9 out of 10

Yes, we had previously used a different solution which was replaced by Okta. Non-scalability was the major drawback of our previous solution.

Initial setup is straightforward, simple and easy to manage

Some apps needed assistance from Okta support team.

Setup is simple if you are an AD admin, cost comparison is nominal compared secured access

What other advice do I have?

KB article from Okta is very detailed just spend some time on the okta

Hybrid Cloud

WK
IT Manager at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Provides a very useful single sign-on feature for all our applications

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to have a single sign-on and to have identity access management. I'm the team management manager and we are customers of Okta.

What is most valuable?

Having a single sign-on to all our applications.

What needs improvement?

With the device applications, when you are checking the logs, you can't hide the device and that's a feature that's missing. I'd like to see MDM source added.

I have used this solution for a year.

The solution is good on scalability and stability.

The company has very good tehnical support and they respond quickly.

The…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Having a single sign-on to all our applications.

What needs improvement?

I have used this solution for a year.

The solution is good on scalability and stability.

The company has very good tehnical support and they respond quickly.

The initial setup wasn't so easy but it wasn't too complex either. We had assistance from Okta for the installation. Implementation didn't take long, maybe two or three days but we had some issues with some applications, and we had to postpone our deployment for about two months because of that. There's no maintenance required. We have about 300 users dealing with the solution in the company and it's used daily. We have no plans to increase usage for now.

I think the approximate cost for the license is somewhere between $20,000-$21,000 a year and that includes everything.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a good solution, I would recommend it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Private Cloud
Alexis Tran
Responsable Avant-vente at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful multi-factor authentication, scalable, stable, and easy to install

• "The most valuable features depend on a customer's needs. Our customers generally find multi-factor authentication very useful."
  • "The lifecycle management part can be improved. It should also have identity governance and the ability to choose a specific factor authentication at the application level. Its licensing and pricing can also be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use it for multi-factor authentication, lifecycle, and workflow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features depend on a customer's needs. Our customers generally find multi-factor authentication very useful.

What needs improvement?

The lifecycle management part can be improved. It should also have identity governance and the ability to choose a specific factor authentication at the application level.

Its licensing and pricing can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable.

We scaled it for some customers. There were no problems.

We are only using professional services at the moment.

It was easy.

It has a yearly subscription. As compared to its competitors, it is quite expensive. It also has a complex licensing model.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise others to be aware of the complexity of the license. They should make sure that they have all the features that they want.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity an eight out of ten.

Download our free Okta Workforce Identity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.