Omada Identity Overview

Omada Identity is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Customer Identity and Access Management tools. It is most often compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Omada Identity vs SailPoint IdentityIQ

What is Omada Identity?

Omada Identity delivers an end-to-end identity and access management solution with essential identity governance functionality for secure, compliant, and efficient administration of all users' access rights across on-premises or cloud-based systems. The solution provides configurable best practice processes that covers all identity and access related scenarios from providing an access risk overview, management of identities lifecycle, to automated enforcement of policies.

Omada Identity is also known as Omada Identity Suite.

Omada Identity Buyer's Guide

Download the Omada Identity Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Omada Identity Customers

Bayer, ECCO Shoes, Vattenfall, NuStar Energy, Unicredit, Schiphol Group

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Omada Identity pricing:
  • "It's a fair price for the on-premises system. Compared with what we had before, it's much cheaper and we get all the modules in one. We tried to go with the cloud, but it was far too expensive."
  • "From an on-prem point of view, the cost is quite transparent and reasonable. The direct cost is primarily for licenses and maintenance on licenses."
  • "There were a lot of administrator, partner, and supplier accounts for people who were no longer working for us but still in the system. So, we reduced the number of users no longer with the company, which saved us some money on licensing."
  • "The initial total cost of ownership to implement Omada Identity is not small. The TCO for the implementation is as high as any other solution. However, the cost of maintaining the solution is at par or lower than competitors, including adding more features or maintaining the system after the initial deployment or installation to make sure that they are available for users to use or extending the functionalities of those activities. Those maintenance costs are lower than other vendors, but the initial cost of getting the system installed is still high."
  • "It is licensed per managed user per year."

Per Kristensen
IT Project Manager at FREDERIKSHAVN KOMMUNE
Automatically shuts down AD accounts of people who are no longer employees, improving our audit situation

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for rights and roles of our users. When we hire a new employee in our municipality, we have their information exported to Omada and, based on which department they are hired for, they will get roles and rights for the IT systems. That's what we use it for right now. We have plans to do more with it, but identity management is a life-long task to enjoy. The solution is on-premises.

• "The most valuable functionality of the solution for us is that when employees stop working for the municipality, they are automatically disabled in Active Directory. Omada controls that 100 percent. They are disabled for 30 days, and after that time Omada deletes the Active Directory account. The same type of thing happens when we employ a new person. Their information is automatically imported to Omada and they are equipped with the roles and rights so they can do their jobs."
  • "If you find an error and you need it fixed, you have to upgrade. It's not like they say, "Okay, we'll fix this problem for you." You have to upgrade. The last time we upgraded, because there was an error in a previous version, we had to pay 150,000 Danish Krone (about $24,000 at the time of this review) to upgrade our systems... That means that we have to pay to get errors fixed that Omada has made in programming the system. I hope they change this way of looking at things."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that all processes are dealt with in Omada. We had some processes that were not described and, therefore, we had problems afterward. The implementation of the system is very important. For example, be sure to have valid and correct data. Garbage in, garbage out. All the work before you push the "Go" button is very important. I think we may have underestimated that when we were implementing Omada.
Søren Tams
Senior Consultant at Københavns Kommune
Reduces the number of manual tasks and helpdesk tickets, but it is not easy to operate and maintain

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases are identity lifecycle, provisioning, and authorizations to our IT infrastructure. We use it for provisioning to our SAP platform. We also need it to make a survey of the IT authorizations. We need to make sure that our managers can review the authorizations of the employees in our company. We have a couple of secondary use cases as well, such as segregation of duties on provisionings to make sure that we have correct approval flows for authorizations.

• "The identity lifecycle support is definitely valuable because we are a complex organization, and there is a lot of onboarding, movement, and offboarding in our organization. We have 31,000 users, and there are a lot of users who are constantly onboarding, offboarding, and moving. So, we need to make sure that these activities are supported. In old times, we used to do everything manually. Everyone was onboarded, offboarded, or moved manually. So, from a business point of view and an economics point of view, identity lifecycle is most valuable. From a security point of view, access review is the most important feature for us."
  • "One thing that we are not so happy about is the user interface. It is a bit dated. I know that they are working on that, but the user interface is quite dated. Currently, it is a little bit difficult to customize the user interface to the need of the business, which is a little bit disappointing. It needs it to be a little bit easier to operate, and it should have a better user interface."

What other advice do I have?

Any business interested in using this product needs to make sure that they are ready to either pay Omada or another consultancy firm to maintain the solution, or they should have the internal resources for maintaining the solution. It is quite a difficult solution in terms of maintenance. It is very important to make sure that the master data is correct and is controlled by processes rather than humans. This is very important. We thought that we had a very good understanding of our master data, and it was mostly supported by processes and not by people, but we certainly were caught a bit by…
Learn what your peers think about Omada Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AD
Functional Administrator at Gemeente Utrecht
Helped us clean up a lot of our accounts, including suppliers and partners

What is our primary use case?

We are provisioning new accounts. We are deprovisioning accounts that are gone. In Omada Identity, you can connect transfers (external employees who came to work for us) very easily. We have had trouble doing this with a new front-end system, not Omada Identity, where accounts are not connected. With Omada Identity, I can connect accounts and change everything that I have to do. We can manage access for everyone, including suppliers, partners, and maintenance staff. Now, in Active Directory, there is accountability for everyone. If someone is responsible for an account, we can see who is… more »

• "When we started with identity and access management, we cleaned up and skipped 500 accounts. Therefore, there are a lot of people who are still in our system. Using this tool, we have cleaned up a lot of accounts for ourselves as well as our partners and suppliers. So, we can manage everything now."
  • "I would like to search on date fields, which is not possible now."

What other advice do I have?

When we started, our supplier recommended using MIM at first, then Omada Identity. Now, I would recommend starting with Omada Identity and getting the entire solution, so you can do everything in Omada Identity and aren't using two systems. I am cleaning up accounts with the help of the functional administrator. This is very easy to do. I am a happy customer. We have our identity and access management under control with Omada Identity. I would rate this solution as a nine (out of 10).
AK
Chief Security Strategist at Clango
Automates the certification process so you can do certifications as often as you want

What is our primary use case?

Everything is related to identity governance, such as * Certification * Joiner, Mover, and Leaver (JML) use cases * Access request for use cases * Provisioning use cases * Workflow. In a fully implemented Omada Identity solution, all these use cases are equally important. We have on-prem Omada customers, then we also have the Omada SaaS customers. We always work with the latest version of this solution.

• "Our customers have benefited from Omada Identity automating the certification process. Most of our customers were using manual methods for user access certification. With Omada Identity, you can automate almost all of it, which means that certification now becomes on demand. You don't have to wait for two or three months to execute a certification timeframe. Instead, you can do certifications as often as you want."
  • "The Omada Identity SaaS version doesn't provide all the features Omada Identity on-premise provides."

What other advice do I have?

Carefully evaluate your use cases before starting an implementation. Have an identity management program defined before starting technical implementation. That would be my most important advice. Define your use cases clearly. Have all parties involved. Not having management buy-in almost always led to difficulties in the project. Omada has defined and documented the Identity Plus Process based on their experience. This is an excellent reference guide to implement an Identity program. Everything considered, I would rate this solution as an eight out of 10.
EB
Identity and Access Program Owner at a government with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly with a lot of configurations, extensions, and out-of-the-box features, but it is too complex and partly scalable

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company for identity governance or identity administration. We used it for tracking who had access to the data warehouse and for workflows for requesting approval for access. We also had access verification to ensure that the right person had access. We were using its latest version, and we were upgrading it regularly.

• "It has a lot of out-of-the-box features. It is flexible, and there are a lot of possibilities to configure and extend it. It is user-friendly. It has an interface that is end-user or business-user friendly."
  • "Its flexibility is both a good thing and a bad thing. Because it is very flexible, it also becomes too complex. This is common for most of the products we evaluated. Its scalability should be better. It had a few scalability issues."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others depending on their use cases. It definitely depends on which of the use cases are important for that company. I used it in my previous company, and I am currently in another company. If I am evaluating it for exactly the same use cases, I would definitely consider this product again. I would rate Omada Identity a seven out of ten.
AB
IAM Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology but there have been performance issues

What is our primary use case?

Our general use cases include: * User onboarding * User out-boarding * Role-based access control, e.g., whenever a person's role is changed from one to another, then all the related roles need to be changed. * Role management * Asset management * Re-certification, audits that happen every quarter. Every quarter a manager has to certify all his subordinates' access, whether that expertise should be gained or not, or whether they'll be skipped.

• "The most valuable aspect of the product is that it is Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology."
  • "When the re-certification process is launched that makes Omada very slow. There are performance issues in the current version."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if you are more Microsoft based technology. If not then I wouldn't recommend Omada, because it mainly works on Windows. It has been a market leader and Omada is growing, but it's not quite there with the current version. I would definitely recommend version 12.0 Omada. In the next release, I would like to see more governance. I would rate Omada a seven out of ten. The reason for that being is that it's good but it has got some limitations. Some performance improvements can be done.