EB
Identity and Access Program Owner at a government with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly with a lot of configurations, extensions, and out-of-the-box features, but it is too complex and partly scalable

• "It has a lot of out-of-the-box features. It is flexible, and there are a lot of possibilities to configure and extend it. It is user-friendly. It has an interface that is end-user or business-user friendly."
  • "Its flexibility is both a good thing and a bad thing. Because it is very flexible, it also becomes too complex. This is common for most of the products we evaluated. Its scalability should be better. It had a few scalability issues."

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company for identity governance or identity administration. We used it for tracking who had access to the data warehouse and for workflows for requesting approval for access. We also had access verification to ensure that the right person had access.

We were using its latest version, and we were upgrading it regularly.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot of out-of-the-box features. It is flexible, and there are a lot of possibilities to configure and extend it.

It is user-friendly. It has an interface that is end-user or business-user friendly.

What needs improvement?

Its flexibility is both a good thing and a bad thing. Because it is very flexible, it also becomes too complex. This is common for most of the products we evaluated.

Its scalability should be better. It had a few scalability issues.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is quite stable.

It is partly scalable on-premises. There are some scalability issues, but they are, of course, very organization-specific.

We had about 10,000 users, but all of them were not using it on a daily basis. There were just a few hundred active users because it was not fully rolled out for all kinds of requests. The end goal was 5,000 to 10,000 daily users, but at that time, there were only a few hundred users. We planned to keep using it.

I have interacted with them because we had used the vendor instead of a third-party integrator, which worked well for us. We had almost direct contact with technical support and their specialized development team.

The main reason for choosing this vendor was the geographical part. Omada is headquartered in Denmark, so it is a European company. The company I was working for was a Norwegian company, and we were close to the management, engineers, and development team of Omada, which also made it much easier to have good contact with technical support. If we had chosen an American company, we wouldn't have got the same experience.

Its installation is easy. You can install it over a weekend, but connecting with different parts of the organization takes time, which is applicable to all products in this area. The core installation is simple and easy, but integrations take time.

We had someone from our company, and we also took help from the vendor. We didn't use a third-party integrator. We got professional services from the vendor's organization.

It is licensed per managed user per year.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others depending on their use cases. It definitely depends on which of the use cases are important for that company. I used it in my previous company, and I am currently in another company. If I am evaluating it for exactly the same use cases, I would definitely consider this product again.

I would rate Omada Identity a seven out of ten.

AB
IAM Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology but there have been performance issues

• "The most valuable aspect of the product is that it is Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology."
  • "When the re-certification process is launched that makes Omada very slow. There are performance issues in the current version."

What is our primary use case?

Our general use cases include:

• User onboarding
  • User out-boarding
  • Role-based access control, e.g., whenever a person's role is changed from one to another, then all the related roles need to be changed.
  • Role management
  • Asset management
  • Re-certification, audits that happen every quarter. Every quarter a manager has to certify all his subordinates' access, whether that expertise should be gained or not, or whether they'll be skipped.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the product is that it is Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology. It is ingrained with Microsoft and we implemented it ourselves for our clients wherein we can request software to install from Omada. That is something they have implemented and they are getting a lot of value out of.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, there are not so many out of the box connectors available in the current version. So what they have improved in the latest version is more out of the box connectors for integration, that is one improvement.

Then there is the recertification process. When the recertification process is launched that makes Omada very slow. There are performance issues in the current version.

We have been working with Omada Identity Suite for around one year.

There have been some performance issues during the re-certification process, so it works well whenever the re-certifications or audits are not launched but the re-certification makes it very slow.

We haven't tried doing scaling it yet, so I don't know about that.

I personally have not contacted their support because I don't support our Omada current clientele but our clients have contacted Omada quite often when they required line support. They said the support was fine.

Omada people came in on-premises and they helped with the installation, so it was a joint effort from the client and Omada. Our client takes care of the maintenance. They are enterprise size and use Omada on a daily basis.

Licenses are only for installations and support problems. They are definitely additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if you are more Microsoft based technology. If not then I wouldn't recommend Omada, because it mainly works on Windows. It has been a market leader and Omada is growing, but it's not quite there with the current version. I would definitely recommend version 12.0 Omada.

In the next release, I would like to see more governance.

I would rate Omada a seven out of ten. The reason for that being is that it's good but it has got some limitations. Some performance improvements can be done.