Omada Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Omada Identity is #2 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software, top Identity Management (IM) tools, and top Customer Identity and Access Management tools. IT Central Station users give Omada Identity an average rating of 8 out of 10. Omada Identity is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ:Omada Identity vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Omada Identity?

Omada Identity delivers an end-to-end identity and access management solution with essential identity governance functionality for secure, compliant, and efficient administration of all users' access rights across on-premises or cloud-based systems. The solution provides configurable best practice processes that covers all identity and access related scenarios from providing an access risk overview, management of identities lifecycle, to automated enforcement of policies.

Omada Identity is also known as Omada Identity Suite.

Omada Identity Buyer's Guide

Download the Omada Identity Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Omada Identity Customers

Bayer, ECCO Shoes, Vattenfall, NuStar Energy, Unicredit, Schiphol Group

Archived Omada Identity Reviews (more than two years old)

AC
SQL Server Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Automated processes save us time in administration

• "The most valuable feature is the automatic provisioning and reconciliation of things like the Active Directory groups and memberships."
  • "The user interface should have a more flexible design, where you can change it to your requirement."

What is our primary use case?

I have this solution at two different sites and they are completely different setups.

What is most valuable?

You can set up automated processes so that you don't need to have an AD administrator doing it all. You can automate processes and control who is allowed to do what. All of these features are quite good.

The way they do the connection to external systems for the provisioning and for the reconciliation is also very good.

What needs improvement?

The user interface should have a more flexible design, where you can change it to your requirement. It is not an agile design, so it doesn't reformat itself for small devices like tablets or mobile phones (i.e. fluid design).

One year.

In a stable environment, it's reasonably stable.

You can kind of provoke it into being less stable. There is a thing called ROPE (Reconciliation and Policy Engine) that can sometimes be a bit tricky. Otherwise, it is mostly stable.

On my side, I consider it relatively easy to scale. I have been involved with customers that have worldwide organizations running with it. There are guidelines for scaling to that kind of size. Generally, scalability is ok.

Frankly, everybody in the company uses it because it is used to apply for permissions. Our internal administration team is between ten and twelve people, whereas there are a couple of thousand end-users.

I have had no problem with technical support. I have enrolled two similar people, with access to their partner website as well. In the partner's site, there is help available outside of the Omada family of products.

I find the initial setup quite straightforward, however, I can imagine it being complex for some people. It can become very complex with the connections to external systems. I know of one customer here who has had very great problems with it, but another one found it a bit easier.

The main problem is going to be the amount of shoe-horning your own systems into it. That's the big problem; modeling so that everything fits.

We had an integrator working with our in-house team. You can't do it all on your own. You need an integrator, but there are good integrators and poor integrators.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend using this solution and I would rate it a seven and a half out of ten.

it_user720522
Selvstænding IAM-arkitekt at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Very robust system which ensures a high level of compliance while reducing manpower

What is most valuable?

Omada Identity Suite is an extremely flexible solution providing easy customisation of anything from process flows to role assignment rules and compliance reports. It’s handled almost exclusively through configuration, not development. Reacting on new requirements can be handled swiftly.

How has it helped my organization?

The whole IT side of offboarding/onboarding of employees/external consultants is centred on OIS. A tight integration between the HR system, OIS and AD ensures a high level of compliance while reducing manpower to a minimum.

What needs improvement?

The suite’s flexibility within the area of continuous violation detection and handling could be improved. I have not used the latest version, but I have been told that some work has been put into this area recently by Omada.

Eight years.

Generally, a very robust system running on Windows/MS SQL.

I have experience with rather large companies that have OIS handling thousands of identities and without worrying much about load balancing, server clusters, etc.

Above average.

I have worked with Sailpoint’s IIQ and I believe that on quite a high number of features (functional and nonfunctional), OIS is superior. I can only think of one area in which Sailpoint could claim to have reached a higher level of maturity: continuous recertification of accesses.

Considering the scope of the project, the setup was quite straightforward.

No knowledge of the pricing model.

What other advice do I have?

Despite the high level of flexibility in the SW, I recommend implementing the standard IAM processes/functionality that OIS offers and expand scope/customise from there.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implemented OIS solutions for a number of customers.
Learn what your peers think about Omada Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user711915
Service Manager - IT Tools and Solutions, IT Contract Management, Super User Network Manager at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
​Strict governance, ability to scrutinize and make granular view

What is most valuable?

Strict governance, ability to scrutinize, and make a granular view.

How has it helped my organization?

Governance around user access provisioning and user profiling.

What needs improvement?

UI and user-friendly adaptivity.

Less than one year.

Slow performance on reports.

OK, with complex questions from us.

Was complex, a lot of org implementation questions, master data issues, process workflows, too much compared to what we needed.

Choose wisely based on needs.

What other advice do I have?

Work hard with your…

What is most valuable?

Strict governance, ability to scrutinize, and make a granular view.

How has it helped my organization?

Governance around user access provisioning and user profiling.

What needs improvement?

UI and user-friendly adaptivity.

Less than one year.

Slow performance on reports.

OK, with complex questions from us.

Choose wisely based on needs.

What other advice do I have?

Work hard with your requirements and scope.