One Identity Safeguard Overview

What is One Identity Safeguard?

One Identity Safeguard securely stores, manages, records and analyzes privileged accounts and access. It is an integrated solution that combines a secure hardened password safe and a session management and monitoring solution with threat detection and analytics.

One Identity Safeguard Buyer's Guide

Download the One Identity Safeguard Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

One Identity Safeguard Customers

Cavium

One Identity Safeguard Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

SS
Head of Information Security at a financial services firm
Enables us to implement encryption protocols across channels

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for our One Identity Safeguard solution is to optimize security across private accounts, accounts which can be secured upstream and downstream. The solution enables us to implement encryption protocols across channels. It is designed so that depending on the cryptographic case, different policies can be applied in correlation.

• "The most unique and valuable features are the upstream and downstream throughput capacities; the Safeguard platform provides agile integration. In actuality, all the features are valuable. They're good, user-friendly."
  • "Our experience with technical support has been disappointing. We require more prompt and faster response times. We require answers to our questions right away but we haven't received that level of support."

What other advice do I have?

We are very pleased with the Safeguard platform feature. You can't find this technology anywhere else. On a scale from one to ten, one being the worst and ten being the best, I would give this product a nine rating. If the technical support was better I'd give it a 10 out of 10.
OH
Head of Department at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Supports Linux and the scalability is great

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is that it supports the Linux operating system. Also, the transparent mode for privileged sessions is a very good solution.

On a scale of one to ten, the stability is an eight.

The scalability is great.

Technical support is great. We use the case platform.

We didn't switch from another product. Using this solution has been a great decision in helping with our tasks.

Deployment of the solution took two to three months. Our engineers installed it.

What other advice do I have?

Learn what your peers think about One Identity Safeguard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SF
Security Consultant at Controlware GmbH
There is a very logical, clear user interface, and the integration of scripts is thoughtfully implemented

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for our customers is to monitor and audit external vendors, as well as keep track of internal actions when privileged user accounts are being used to access systems internally.

• "It is easy to manage. There is a very logical, clear user interface. Also, the integration of scripts is thoughtfully implemented. Overall, it's a nice product to manage."
  • "The technical support is tremendous."
  • "The high availability function of the box requires a long time to switch over from one appliance to another."
  • "The automated change of the passwords, which is now integrated, could be improved to be more flexible regarding different systems."

What other advice do I have?

Look at the entire portfolio, since it has changed so rapidly. The capabilities have improved quite a bit. You need to make sure not to miss out on any features. The Approval Anywhere for Privileged Passwords is a really good concept, because it enables admins to do other work, be more flexible, and work from home. However, we don't have any real experience with it yet, as we are looking into it at the moment.
Identity & Access Manager at Reist Telecom Gmbh
We are able to demonstrate what has happened on systems and who did what, but we want to be able to generate CSRs from the interface for certificates

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions (SPS) for managing our customers' access to their critical systems.

• "The transparent mode for privileged sessions is one of the best things for customers, because they don't see the system in-between."
  • "The system is easy to manage, as it is not a system that you will change everything all of a sudden. It evolves most of the time with customer requests."
  • "For some users, the physical appliance has been a bit buggy."
  • "We would like to be able to generate certificate signing requests (CSRs) from the interface for certificates."

What other advice do I have?

Test it and its competitors. You will probably choose SPS. Both the search functionality and speed have been greatly improved. We are not using privileged passwords.
MM
IDM Architect at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Extensible authentication framework enables use-case-dependent MFA

What is our primary use case?

We use Safeguard for privileged sessions. It's primarily used as a solution for accessing our production environments.

• "The extensible framework for authentication is one of the most valuable features. We use an MFA plug-in and a lot of different factors, depending on what the business use-cases are. And of course, the auditing functionality is also valuable."
  • "Even though we have two nodes, there's no way to do an upgrade without taking everything completely offline. It would be nice if they could improve that."
System Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The initial setup is very easy

What is our primary use case?

Privileged management.

How has it helped my organization?

Administrators can administrate the privileged accounts. It is a safer way to monitor the administrators.

What is most valuable?

Its hardware and compliance.

More than five years.

Stability is very good.

Scalability is very good.

The customer service and technical support are very good.

The initial setup is very easy.

I compared different solutions, like Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good…
IT Security Engineer
Flexible modes can be integrated into the customer infrastructure and it supports multiple security officers.

What other advice do I have?

Develop product functional and implementation methods.
Chief Technology Officer & Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I like the support for many protocols, full OCR indexing and non-agent approach.

What other advice do I have?

Try more functions and use them! It’s a very powerful product; much more complex than all other competitors. But, almost all companies use it on less than 30% of their infrastructure.
PreSales Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
It offers four-eye and gateway authentication with a real-time audit capability.