OpenShift OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenShift is the #5 ranked solution in our list of PaaS Services. It is most often compared to Amazon AWS: OpenShift vs Amazon AWS

What is OpenShift?

OpenShift is Red Hat's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that allows developers to quickly develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment. With OpenShift you have a choice of offerings, including online, on-premise, and open source project options.

Download the PaaS Clouds Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

OpenShift Customers

UPS, Cathay Pacific, Hilton

OpenShift Video

Archived OpenShift Reviews (more than two years old)

SB
User with 10,001+ employees
Flexible in terms of infrastructure and integrates well with other tools

• "This solution is providing a platform with OOTB features that are difficult to build from scratch."
  • "If we can have a GUI-based configuration with better flexibility then it will be great."

What is our primary use case?

We have a PaaS solution built on OpenShift with more templates and shared services for a containerized application environment.

So, the solution built will be using PaaS that is built on Openshift and hosted in a hybrid PaaS (dedicated & AWS) for building, deploying, and managing microservices-based applications.

We will be using many features of OpenShift for scalability, availability, and security (TLS/OAuth, IdAM integration).

How has it helped my organization?

This solution is providing a platform with OOTB features that are difficult to build from scratch. As the organization for which I am building solutions is embarking on a digital transformation journey, OpenShift is providing one of the key platform capabilities for the digitization of the application landscape.

What is most valuable?

The features that I find most valuable are:

• DevOps
  • Container orchestration
  • Scalability
  • Multi-cloud options
  • Flexibility in choosing routers, load balancers, and monitoring tools
  • Configuration options for creating an automated DevOps pipeline using tools like Maven, Ansible, and Jenkins
  • Easy configuration for scalability

What needs improvement?

Most of the configurations are command based. If we can have a GUI-based configuration with better flexibility then it will be great.

You need to have in-depth technical knowledge of the platform to do any kind of application setup due to the complexity of configurations related to infrastructure, security, etc.

Maybe in the future, we can get multi-cloud options such as GCP, Azure, etc.

Nine months.

I have not used any other container orchestration platform, except Kubernetes, which is the base platform for OpenShift.

My role was not one of evaluation, so I did not participate in choosing the product.

DM
System Installation Solution Department Manager
I love to automate everything and OpenShift was been born to do so

• "I love to automate everything and OpenShift was been born for that. It takes care of the network layer itself and I don't need to dive into it; I can work on a top level. Our project has numerous services designed to run in Docker containers, and we have run almost all pieces in OpenShift."
  • "I think that OpenShift has too many commands for running services from the CLI, and the configuration files are a little complicated."

What is our primary use case?

OpenShift is a primary tool in my daily work and in the project I have been working on in recent years – TV streaming services used widely in the U.S. and outside. OpenShift is used for intensive DevOps and running pieces of the project adhering to the microservices architecture. The project's architecture includes physical servers in tens of datacenters. OpenShift plays a central role in developing, testing, and running specific software.

How has it helped my organization?

Our small team developed and rolled out everything to production in a short time, mostly thanks to OpenShift. It saves time. Using it, I just work on integrating services without worrying about containers and whatever is needed for them. OpenShift is a tool that does a lot of work for you. You just need to invest some time learning it.

What is most valuable?

OpenShift helps by doing a lot of work for us. I love to automate everything and OpenShift was been born to do so. It takes care of the network layer itself and I don't need to dive into it; I can work on a top level. Our project has numerous services designed to run in Docker containers, and we have run almost all pieces of our TV services in OpenShift.

What needs improvement?

I think that OpenShift has too many commands for running services from the CLI, and the configuration files are a little complicated. This scares newbies from learning it. I hope that the OpenShift developers will improve this "dark side" of OpenShift.

OpenShift has been running for the past three years, since the project started. We were developing the project's architecture, trying different solutions. In the end, we chose OpenShift as a well-known and intensively developed software, with many really useful features.

Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Amazon, VMware and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Systems Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Virtualization of my APIs has cut costs significantly

• "The virtualization of my APIs means I no longer have to pay VMware large amounts of money to only run in-house solutions."
  • "There have been some issues with security, in particular, that we had to address. At times they make it “clunky." I am quite confident these parameters will appear in the next releases. They have been reported as bugs and are actually in process."

What is our primary use case?

Migration of old and custom APIs and development environments, for both internal and client-facing use. This migration has been going on for two and half years now. It is a rather large endeavour. I would estimate we have another six to nine months ahead.

How has it helped my organization?

No longer do I have to pay VMware large amounts of money to only run in-house solutions. (I give a particular heartfelt thank you for that).

What is most valuable?

This is an easy question to answer: the virtualization of my APIs.

What needs improvement?

There have been some issues with security, in particular, that we had to address. At times they make it “clunky." I am quite confident these parameters will appear in the next releases. They have been reported as bugs and are actually in process. Despite this, the competition is rapidly losing ground.

it_user850419
System Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Volume handling and security need improvement, but app uptime is good

What is our primary use case?

The OpenShift environment will be used by medical applications. This environment is still in the development/QA phase.

How has it helped my organization?

Not yet.

What is most valuable?

The scaling and uptime of the applications.

What needs improvement?

Needs work on volume handling (although this is already better with GlusterFS). Security (SSSD) would also be an improvement.

Not at this moment (still running in dev/QA phase).

Five stars out of five, all issues were…

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

Not yet.

What is most valuable?

The scaling and uptime of the applications.

Not at this moment (still running in dev/QA phase).

Five stars out of five, all issues were solved in an acceptable timeframe.

This was my first installation. It was not straightforward due to internal limitations, not the product.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a six out of 10. There are still some issues with it. I have several cases at Red Hat that need to be resolved.

Do a test to try the solution.

it_user850422
Technical Consultant at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
Streamlines scaling and provides one-click rollback to previous version

What is our primary use case?

Migrate to microservices.

How has it helped my organization?

Has helped us with faster deployment time, zero downtime.

What is most valuable?

Scaling Fast deployment Zero downtime when releasing a new version Auto-recreate pod if pod fails Fast rollback, with one click, to previous version

What needs improvement?

It could use auto-scaling based on criteria such as transaction volume, queue backlog, etc. Currently, it is limited to CPU and memory.  Credential not hidden, so people on the same group can view it.

Still implementing.

What is our primary use case?

Migrate to microservices.

How has it helped my organization?

Has helped us with faster deployment time, zero downtime.

What is most valuable?

• Scaling
  • Fast deployment
  • Zero downtime when releasing a new version
  • Auto-recreate pod if pod fails
  • Fast rollback, with one click, to previous version

What needs improvement?

Credential not hidden, so people on the same group can view it.

Still implementing.
PV
Research And Development Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
UI is good but some features are platform-specific, requiring many changes if ported

What is our primary use case?

We were running many of our products on OpenShift.

How has it helped my organization?

We had to discontinue this solution due to many limitations.

What is most valuable?

Has a better UI and is good as a CICD solution.

What needs improvement?

Some of the features are platform-specific, so if it is ported to other cloud solutions it requires a lot of changes.

What is our primary use case?

We were running many of our products on OpenShift.

How has it helped my organization?

We had to discontinue this solution due to many limitations.

What is most valuable?

Has a better UI and is good as a CICD solution.

it_user849108
Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Helps with debugging in a containerized environment, but setup is tedious

What is our primary use case?

I am using OpenShift as a container platform to host various applications in a containerized environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has really helped me a lot in debugging the issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing about it is the support available.

What needs improvement?

Installation and setup are a bit tedious, especially in a proxy environment.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

It has really helped me a lot in debugging the issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing about it is the support available.

What needs improvement?

Installation and setup are a bit tedious, especially in a proxy environment.

Abdelfattah Ragab
Senior Software Engineer at a healthcare company
WildFly as an application server standardizes infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

Java and WildFly.

How has it helped my organization?

OpenShift is great for flexibility, agility, and speed of delivery. We use WildFly as an application server. We have not started to use OpenShift mainly, yet.

What is most valuable?

WildFly, because it standardizes infrastructure. The git repository and docker. Git is essential for source code and Docker for infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if it supported Bitbucket repositories too.

What is our primary use case?

Java and WildFly.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• WildFly, because it standardizes infrastructure.
  • The git repository and docker. Git is essential for source code and Docker for infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if it supported Bitbucket repositories too.

TB
Director and Head of IT at a non-tech company
Self-provisioning saves the admin time/work and provides flexibility for development, testing, and production

• "Security is also an important part of this solution. By default, things are running with limited privileges and securely confined to their own resources. This way, different users and projects can all use the same infrastructure."
  • "Self-provisioning support saves a lot of time and unnecessary work from the system administrator who can use this time to run and monitor the infrastructure. For the developer, this means less time waiting for the provisioning and excellent flexibility for development, testing, and production. Also, in such systems it is easy for developers to monitor applications even after deployment."
  • "Excellent GUI support, so one does not need to use the command line client for almost any tasks. Great support for building images directly from Git repositories with hooks."
  • "Great integration with Jenkins for constant integration and development. Supports all the major languages and environments - PHP, Java, Node.js, Ruby, etc."
  • "The area for improvement is mostly in support for legacy applications."

What is our primary use case?

In short, OpenShift is about running and developing applications in a very efficient manner without the need to mess with virtual machines and other environments.

Longer version: OpenShift is a system for developing and running container-based applications. It uses Kubernetes for the orchestration and deployment, but it is much more than that. With excellent self-provisioning capabilities, it helps power users (developers and administrators) to do their jobs in the shortest time possible. If applications are built with the best practices for cloud or on-premise deployment, they will run well. Such setup saves time and hardware resources by being optimized from the start. Security is also an important part of this solution. By default, things are running with limited privileges and securely confined to their own resources. This way, different users and projects can all use the same infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Excellent GUI support, so one does not need to use the command line client for almost any tasks.
  • Great support for building images directly from Git repositories with hooks.
  • Great integration with Jenkins for constant integration and development.
  • Supports all the major languages and environments - PHP, Java, Node.js, Ruby, etc.

What needs improvement?

The area for improvement is mostly in support for legacy applications. I believe OpenShift/Kubernetes will play an even more important role in the future, where it will eliminate a lot of the need for virtualization solutions. Such solutions are the proper building blocks for DevOps needs.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product a 10 out of 10, as this is one of the best options for developing and running modern applications. Easy to use, easy to scale. Offers great command line and Web client. Excellent also for automation.

Chief Operations Officer at a tech services company
Valuable features include continuous integration between different technologies and Single Sign-On

What is most valuable?

• Continuous integration between different technologies
  • Single Sign-On
  • Security enhanced
  • Easy deployment and follow-up of entire pipeline process

How has it helped my organization?

We connected Jenkins as the main build operator with API calls to the OpenShift Pipeline. It is amazing the amount of time saved. You can see the logs of pipeline process on Jenkins and follow it in real-time or by notifications if something goes wrong. We used Slack for build notifications as well.

What needs improvement?

• Build
  • Deployment
  • Product delivery

These areas would save time for the entire team.

We have used this solution for one year so far. We have been following all the improvements on the tool since the launch.

There were only deployment problems on my end, but I did have to reconstruct pipelines.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues, but only some Docker issues.

Customer service is perfect.

Not available.

I started using another technology, whose name I don't recall. The goal of OpenShift is to make things easier by connecting all tools in one switch.

The first installations were tricky. There were some bugs and workarounds, but it was never hard.

Newer versions were smoother and the problems no longer exist.

The first implementation was done on my own, where I was learning, testing, and exploring. All the documentation is updated on their website.

The ROI is in terms of productivity and saving time. I can't measure how much money I saved by using this technology, but know for sure that the money was well invested.

Go for it. Red Hat is professional on solutions.

I tried Rancher and other similar technologies, but their goals weren't the same as mine.

What other advice do I have?

Try using OpenShift Origin (free version) for a instance. It is pretty stable and has new nice features. The code is on GitHub, so you can always suggest improvements and bug fixes.

it_user704028
Chief Data and Systems Architect at a tech services company

What is most valuable?

The software defined network is the best feature in my opinion. While not as flashy as the container scheduling and health monitoring, the usage of a software defined network means administrators existing expertise can be leveraged.

The SDN's usage of existing protocols means it's easier to modify and customize OpenShift.

How has it helped my organization?

I've assisted our clients in streamlining with development and deployment processes, achieving orders of magnitude reductions in time to market.

What needs improvement?

Possibly, the most complicated part is the configuration for an application. Other solutions do have easier ways to configure an application deployment, but they also come with greater restrictions.

Three years. I've been involved since some of the initial installations with Red Hat pilot customers.

No, I have not had any stability issues with OpenShift.

No, OpenShift is imminently scalable. Easy to deploy more containers. Easy to deploy additional nodes. Automating dynamic scaling capabilities was trivial.

OpenShift is supported by Red Hat, with their usual industry leading SLAs.

As a consultant, I have no installed OpenShift for my own solutions. But I have worked with Openshift and Cloud Foundry. Both are excellent products. But some of the limitations inherent in Cloud Foundry made it unfeasible for several of my clients.

The initial installation is trivial. Red Hat has automated the installation using Ansible.

OpenShift is available in Red Hat's usual open source support subscriptions.

Not really applicable to my situation. I support several products and recommend, then implement the best solution for my clients' needs.

What other advice do I have?

While a PaaS is not for everyone, OpenShift mixes the best combination of new technology with the reuse of existing technology. This reuse of familiar options gives OpenShift simpler integration, and greatly reduces the learning curve for new users.

If you need a PaaS with the ability to customize it to handle more complex deployments using protocols other than HTTP, or you need a solution that will scale from a developer's workstation to a multi-site global installation only, OpenShift gives you that flexibility.

it_user701412
Cloud Architect at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
"Over almost four years, the product has evolved from a basic PaaS to a full-fledged PaaS and Private Cloud solution."

What is most valuable?

The use of creating environments (Development, Staging, and Production) using easy to use PaaS dashboard, and through the use of RHC.

It has a simple yet powerful way of managing environments, without many governance issues.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has helped kick off applications for developers at speed. New joiners can just start using the platform, without bothering to set up an application stack and/or server stack on their local laptop.

It has also helped us ship products at ease, using the Docker and Kubernetes platform, which forms the basis of RedHat OpenShift 3.

What needs improvement?

Scaling has a few defects, such as not scaling up at threshold values. This needs improvement. Also, require little more integration perspective, such as Service Desk integration and Source Code/CI integration.

I rated the solution as an eight out of 10 for two reasons:

1. Autoscaling issues. It does not increase in a seamless manner. Sometimes, CPU utilization/Memory utilization exceeds and the application just hangs or gets into HeapSpace or OutOfMemory error.
  2. Sizing. Maintaining the number of pods at scale.

I've used this solution since 2013. Over almost four years, the product has evolved from a basic PaaS to a full-fledged PaaS and Private Cloud solution (with OpenShift 3)

Yes, as specified in areas for improvement answer.

It's good. Community support is also good. Easy to deal with.

Yes, we used IBM SoftLayer and we were not happy with it. Another solution that we are using is AWS, and we are pretty happy with it.

The initial setup was straightforward; not complex.

Pricing is good in comparison with AWS. The enterprise pricing is also competitive and is specifically fine-tuned to the type of environments we have.

IBM SoftLayer.

What other advice do I have?

It's a solid solution if you are looking for a perfect enterprise-level PaaS. AWS is a better solution if you are looking for IaaS.

it_user674052
Application architect, Senior UNIX system administrator, Middleware specialist at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The CI and CD are fast, easy, and secure​.

What is most valuable?

The CI and CD are fast, easy, and secure. Customers need this product and Red Hat certifies it on the RH product. The container customization with S2I is problematic.

How has it helped my organization?

In a couple of months, we can move from physical infrastructure to a container. There is no need to worry about service, since Red Hat does it for us. Consequently, we can focus on development.

What needs improvement?

I think that container development needs to be improved. The source 2 image is very comfortable, but it is not documented. There are no precise guidelines from RH. The source 2 image is the biggest addition that Red Hat gives to Kubernetes, but you cannot depend on Red Hat for every customization.

I have used this solution for 1 year.

The product is stable, but it must be well designed.

I have not encountered any big issues with scalability, but the application must be designed for scalability.

In Europe, support is not as fast as it needs to be. If you follow Red Hat's guidelines when designing the architecture, it has a very difficult blocking situation (you must be skilled on the OpenShift product before putting it into production...as usual!).

I prefer Kubernetes. But customers need very good support from developers, which Kubernetes do not have.

The initial setup was not straightforward. You must understand every single component. Only then is everything clear and goes fast. Teaching developers how to implement the application with new methodology is problematic.

I think OpenShift PREMIERE costs a lot more, compared to the support given in Europe. If you buy directly from the service on the cloud, the level of support is not the same.

In order to understand OpenShift, you must try Docker. Afterwards, you must understand orchestrators like Kubernetes (the OpenShift underground) and Swarm. You must work with developers. I also implemented Jenkies and Nexus in order to attain full, real automation.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good product. But before implementing it, verify that the product matches your expectations. Remember that the product changes very quickly, so read news as often as you can! This is not the only solution, so be ready to work with it. But this solution was selected by Red Hat.

Senior Systems Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Right now the major point is cost effectiveness. The improvements I am expecting will be better presented when in full production.

What is most valuable?

The pod solution and the on-demand solution are well suited, although I have feelings of loss regarding not using VMware.

It is promising though. The project we are on is large scale so further information would be far more pertinent when fully deployed I think.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

For some reason there have been some DNS issues. At this time I am not convinced it is OpenShift though. I will have to circle back to this one.

We have just bought the solution and started using it recently.

There have been some DNS issues.

We did not yet encounter any issues with scalability but I am looking forward to our first "go day."

This isn't really an issue. I haven't really called upon support yet. Red Hat reps have been really quick to respond on other issues though.

We were using VMware which is more expensive for no good reason. Thank you OpenShift.

Linux in general is a different flavor. Nothing out of the unexpected. Though, as in all things, there is room for improvement. One solid BIN would be nice.

In the installation of ORIGIN, using the playbook and Ansible install in the Docker, there are fixed points which would make the install easier.

Save money and get OpenShift. Literally.

We evaluated VMware, but then I am biased. I will always choose Red Hat as I know all too well what it does as opposed to other solutions. I am not knocking other solutions, but Red Hat wins in the long run.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework. Take the time to analyze what you really want and need. I am not saying this is the absolute answer to all your questions as that would be unreasonable and naive. I personally believe that at least 75% of cases probably should be directed at Red Hat in general.

it_user683448
Data Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Developing on a standard product like this supports our customers' need for cloud based container solutions.

What is most valuable?

The ability to persist data, the security model, the web console, the installation - all of those features make using the product easier.

How has it helped my organization?

We develop software for customers that runs on OpenShift, so developing on a standard product like OpenShift supports our customers' need for cloud based container solutions.

What needs improvement?

The security model is hard to understand and use. Debugging errors can be hard as well.

We have been using the solution for two years.

The product seems to be mature enough to use for production application deployments without stability issues.

The product is able to meet most scalability goals.

The technical support is generally good and there are ample materials available on the web to help find answers to issues.

We have not switched from another product. We also support other cloud offerings like Kubernetes.

The installation is better now than early on and can be complicated to set up if you are not familiar with Red Hat Linux and Docker.

For trials and prototypes, the open source version of OpenShift will suffice for most users and is compatible with the licensed version of OpenShift.

We evaluated Cloud Foundry but decided upon a Docker container based platform like OpenShift.

What other advice do I have?

Start small, try the open source OpenShift Origin first, then develop a sample application to get accustomed to the platform.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner with Red Hat and work together on various projects.
it_user683466
Senior (Consultant) Software Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees

What is most valuable?

Application deployment using YAML with Docker containers, creating services and providing routes. It is simple to build configurations and deploy your changes and promote them to different environments.

How has it helped my organization?

We are better able to manage application development and promoting from development to staging to production using configurations.

What needs improvement?

They could provide a template for application deployment and building services and routes so it can all be promoted as a bundle if needed.

This would allow the promotion of the application (which includes the Spring Boot jar, the Kubernetes Service, the Kubernetes Route, dependencies such as properties or secrets) from development through the production environment.

We have been using the solution for four years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I did not use the technical support but I do look up plenty of resources on the OpenShift blog which is useful.

We were using individual Tomcat on VMS for a high availability and scalable architecture.

The setup is straightforward if you understand concepts from a Kubernetes cluster development. I have done CoreOS cluster development so I am familiar with much of the setup.

I would try the online public OpenShift instance first and see if it is something that would provide benefit to each enterprise architecture and then go on from there.

We have found RedHat OpenShift to provide the best solution and ease of use.

What other advice do I have?

Try out OpenShift or read up on it first to see the benefits. Also build a Kubernetes cluster yourself to know what goes on under the hood in OpenShift.

it_user685341
Red Hat Certified Architect at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great GUI and CLI tools allow developers to deploy, test and delete projects on demand, freeing up time for the operations team to work on production readiness.

What is most valuable?

Great GUI and CLI tools allowing developers to deploy, test and delete projects on demand, freeing up time for the operations team to work on production readiness.

Thanks to Docker images and Kubernetes templates, deployments are reproducible. Docker images allow us to package our applications with their configuration files and libraries in a portable format.

Images are built once by the CI/CD pipeline and archived in a repository. CI/CD integration is made easier with built-in Jenkins servers and S2i functionalities.
We can then run these images everywhere, from developer workstations to development, QA and production environments.

OpenShift (in fact Kubernetes) templates are JSON files that list all components of a project: docker image name and version, runtime configuration of the images, services, routes and storage options.

As long as you have proper versioning of all images and the associated template, you can deploy the same project everywhere.

What needs improvement?

The following issues need some attention:

• Documentation: this is a very complex product and several areas are lacking proper documentation.
  • Templates: it takes a lot of effort to write satisfying templates for projects. More real-world examples and specialized editors would be valuable.
  • Day 2 tasks: how do I make sure my cluster works in the long term? This includes all tasks that go beyond the installation, i.e. what you’re facing the day after the installation.

I would personally give a list of topics to the OpenShift administrator for reference after the initial installation has been performed, such as:

• What should you monitor?
  • What to backup and how often?
  • What should you look for when a node seems slow?
  • How to clean up Docker caches on various components?

I would even go further and give a maintenance schedule, as with a car (this is just an example) such as:

• Every week: watch for errors in the logs, check disk space on nodes.
  • Every month: check for critical updates on nodes, delete unused projects.
  • Every second month: update OpenShift version.

We have been using the solution since January 2016.

We had stability issues, especially with earlier versions where the underlying Kubernetes wasn't stable at all.

Today we still have issues with Docker, which has known bugs not being backported to Red Hat supported versions.

We had an issue with the default nodes configuration. Once we gave enough resources to it, it's been fine.

Red Hat technical support is top notch: quick to answer and really caring about issues being solved

However, some fixes may take a long time when they require modifications in Kubernetes for example, as we have to wait for fixes to be released in Kubernetes, then imported into OpenShift.

We did not use a previous solution.

The initial setup was very complex, but that's because we were deploying v3.1 which was only the second release.

Now the Ansible installer is much more robust and offers more options to customize the deployments.

Installation documentation has also improved a lot.

I suggest they take licenses for physical nodes with two sockets and as many cores and as much RAM as possible.

Then use a virtualization solution to create as many Kubernetes virtual nodes, knowing that it doesn't make sense to allocate too much RAM to each node since one should not run more than approximately 80 pods per node.

RHEL licenses are included.

We took a look at: OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Mesosphere and Swarm.

What other advice do I have?

Take it for a spin with Minishift: https://www.openshift.org/mini...

Use the free version of OpenShift called Origin for the development environment to save on licensing: https://www.openshift.org/

Use the paid OCP version for QA and production environments to get technical support: https://www.openshift.com/cont...

Do not implement your own CI/CD flow, instead rely on OpenShift integrated CI/CD or use something like https://fabric8.io/

Product Categories
PaaS Clouds
Download our free PaaS Clouds Report and find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Amazon, VMware, and more!